Shadow of Revan quick story question

TrollBerzerker

Simple question that I couldn't find the answer to anywhere online.

Does Shadow of Revan have a unique Republic and a unique Imperial storyline? Like Makeb did. Or is it the same story/quest series with slightly different flavor based on which faction your character is from, like KOTFE appears to be?

I'm guessing Revan is the final boss for both factions, I just didn't know if the events leading up to that fight are wildly different based on faction or not.

I intend to play both sides eventually no matter what, but I'm waiting for the coat and gun subscription bonuses before playing it with my Smuggler (I think they look really cool and want to wear them), since my smuggler is my favorite character and I want to experience new Republic-side story content with her first. So I'd rather not have the story spoiled for me on another class before doing it with my favorite.

It's the same plot, just slightly different dialogue based on your character's faction and class. But basically it boils down to you doing the exact same thing 8 times over.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the answer. I'll be waiting anxiously to experience the story in my nifty new coat come the release of KOTFE then :)