Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

What part of "That was a bad idea and a waste of story potential" is so hard to grasp? Are you that sad and desperate to hold onto something that somebody else doesn't have?

(And before anyone asks, because I know geniuses out there will, yes I have him. I'm not asking for something I don't have, I want to share it with people who don't).

Everyone: "There's no story at all, it's like five minutes worth per each chapter!"

Everyone: "WE'RE MISSING OUT ON NICO STORY"

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the whole argument in general, no I dont think that f2p should ever get these subscriber companions unless they were subbed for the time frame, or GOD FORBID just a subscriber in general.

I'd be happy if everyone could just get him at Chapter 9 of KotFE. People who were subbed at the time would still have the exclusive of being able to summon him at lv 1.

I'd be happy if everyone could just get him at Chapter 9 of KotFE. People who were subbed at the time would still have the exclusive of being able to summon him at lv 1.

That wasn't the deal though. They had a set time period to be subbed, they even changed the dates so more people had a chance. I mean really, there are 3452345 other companions you can get. This is basically just a skin, no different from an exclusive orange armor when you really think about it.

For those who didnt sub like me during the time period to the next xpac, Can we get Nico at all? or is he just a limited time companion?

You're not missing much. I have him and never use him. All he is is another companion to send out on crafting missions.

He has no dialogue at all with the character that every other companion has, other than that generic Make him a drink quest. He also has like 3 lines he does when you (1) give him a comapnion gift (2) he succeeds in a craft mission and (3) he fails a craft a craft mission.

You need a valid point for him to miss it. :cool:

Then I'll try to use extra-small words this time so you can keep up. I know it's hard for you, but do try. ;)

Making him an exclusive means we'll never get any more story with him than we currently have. You want more story with him, but you want to keep him all to yourself, but you can't have both. That's what you don't seem to realize. Why would Bioware waste the resources on something only a minority of players even have access to? Making him available to everyone who plows their way through Chapter 9 means they'd have an incentive to make more and better use of him down the road which would give players an incentive to put more characters through the expansion (and potentially spend more money doing it), which benefits everyone, not just you.

Sorry, I guess I used a few three-syllable words in that. TL:DR translation; Nico for everyone who plays Ch 9 means potentially more Nico story later. Nico stays only exclusive means No new Nico story ever.

Comprende?

Then I'll try to use extra-small words this time so you can keep up. I know it's hard for you, but do try. ;)

Making him an exclusive means we'll never get any more story with him than we currently have. You want more story with him, but you want to keep him all to yourself, but you can't have both. That's what you don't seem to realize. Why would Bioware waste the resources on something only a minority of players even have access to? Making him available to everyone who plows their way through Chapter 9 means they'd have an incentive to make more and better use of him down the road which would give players an incentive to put more characters through the expansion (and potentially spend more money doing it), which benefits everyone, not just you.

Sorry, I guess I used a few three-syllable words in that. TL:DR translation; Nico for everyone who plays Ch 9 means potentially more Nico story later. Nico stays only exclusive means No new Nico story ever.

Comprende?

Feeding him just makes him grow, Zanya.

Comprende?

Now that is a valid point. And to tell the truth, I'd rather have a chapter where you play as Nico than the one we're getting.

That having been said, we already have 7-ish "story" companions, with at least one more confirmed, and the assumption can be made that we will get ~1 more "story" companion per chapter. (Though I'm not going to bet against some story comps being mutually exclusive; you can have one or the other, but not both, on the same character). More story characters means less time per character devoted to them from the story. Am I willing to give up a returning companion time in the story to put Nico's story in that timeslot? Well, it depends on the returning companion, I suppose, but probably not.

Nico for everyone who plays Ch 9 means potentially more Nico story later. Nico stays only exclusive means No new Nico story ever.

Or, you know, the story with him is also exclusive, in the rare event it happened. Like HK-55. Which is already currently exclusive story. :confused:

Restored HK-55 is exclusive but we are getting more story with him at the end of Season 1.

And to get that story, you have to be a sub for 8 months. And it's going to be one chapter. So, don't expect it to be more than 20-30 mins of content.

And you mark my words....shortly after they release that, they'll make HK-55 purchasable off the Cartel Market.

Maybe Bioware's thinking is that if they start just making exlusive stuff available later that the people will stop going for the exclusive rewards, thinking ''Nah, I'll just wait until it's out a month or sop later and people have said whether it's worth it" *Shrugs*

But some people don't care. They want their shiny to stay rare and exclusive so they can have something to hold over other players because being able to have him from Lv 1 just isn't enough of an exclusive for them.

It's really the ultimate Sith attitude of hurting the Empire for just a tiny little bit more personal gain and glory.

Or, alternatively, he remains exclusive as he was sold and those that didn't get him never do and I can enjoy their salty tears even longer.

Nice when people are good enough to make my point for me. :rolleyes:

Maybe Bioware's thinking is that if they start just making exlusive stuff available later that the people will stop going for the exclusive rewards, thinking ''Nah, I'll just wait until it's out a month or sop later and people have said whether it's worth it" *Shrugs*

So being able to call him at Lv 1 isn't exclusive enough for you?

Edited by ZanyaCross

He was a reward for people who subbed at the given date. Anyone who was not subbed at the given date should not be given access.

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

You meet requirements = You reap rewards.

You don't meet requirements = You get nothing.

Not "you get nothing now... buuuut maybe later?" No. The time is passed. Event over. You missed your chance. Move along.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

He was a reward for people who subbed at the given date. Anyone who was not subbed at the given date should not be given access.

Not "you get nothing now... buuuut maybe later?" No. The time is passed. Event over. You missed your chance. Move along.

So being able to summon him at lv 1, instead of wating 'till ch 9 of KotFE, isn't enough of an exclusive to you? And that keeping him locked away as an exclusive also means we'll probably never get any more story content for him?

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? How supporting what makes the game as a whole better instead of being so terrified that your virtual e-peen won't look as big anymore?

Edited by ZanyaCross

This. There are lots of things in the game you can't get if you weren't subbed at the right time. (The hut trainer is one that comes to mind right off.)