Rep Vendor Items DON'T go into collections?

RavageXX

In general their whole collections, account unlocks, character unlocks, and bind on legacy stuff is all kind of messed up. Very confusing for people to know exactly what unlocks what. I end up having to search around the internet for an hour to make sure what I want unlocked will actually unlock the way I want it too.

It really shouldnt be that confusing and I hope 4.0 will make things much clearer.

This, it's a mess really

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else mentioned it earlier in passing, but I thought I'd just expand on it.

When you purchase an item from a Reputation Vendor, it has a two-hour return window timer on it, which you can see ticking down if you mouse over the item. You can sell the unused item back to the vendor until that timer runs out.

One of the bugs in the Collections system is that an item WILL NOT unlock until that timer runs out and the item permanently binds to you. If you use the item while the timer is active, it doesn't go into the Collection even if it should.

If it is a modifiable item (a piece of armour or a weapon), then you can force the timer to expire by putting mods in the item (doesn't have to be every mod, just one will do it). That will expire the timer and bind the item to you, and then allow it to unlock in the Collection when you equip it. But you must do it in that order: put mods in to force the timer to expire, and then equip it once you're sure no more timer.

If it isn't a modifiable item (for example a mount or a holostatue) then you can't force the timer to expire, and you have to wait for the two hours to be up. Please note that the timer stops when you log out, so it's two hours logged in on the character that bought the item for the timer to expire. They don't have to be two continuous hours, you could log in four times for half an hour each, but it is specific to the character that bought the item. Time logged in on an alt won't count.

I've bought a couple of dozen (or more) items or sets from Reputation vendors, and by following the above all of them have unlocked in the Collection, and I've been able to use CC to unlock them to get copies on any character.

Someone else mentioned it earlier in passing, but I thought I'd just expand on it.

bugs in the Collections system is that an item WILL NOT unlock until that timer runs out and the item permanently binds to you. If you use the item while the timer is active, it doesn't go into the Collection even if it should.

Very handy bit of info here, thanks. This would explain why the Dramatic Extrovert armor didn't unlock for me.

However, with both of the holostatues and the Diplomat's Hoverchair...I used those right away and was able to unlock them in collections a few hours later, as if the 2 hour resale timer had continued on even though I already used the itmes.

The whole system just seems very buggy and mixed up in general. It would be really nice for them to streamline it and make everything just instantly unlockable in collections. Especially considering the fact that a lot of us paid real $$ for the reputation grind and cartel certificates. :)

Here's the reply I got from my Ticket

*snip*

Indeed as you may know by know it is known that the reputation vendor items are not unlocking in the collection. This is working as intended, and I know how frustrating this could be but this is not something we can't modfiy ourselves.

I know the threads you qote say it is possible, but since then the game changed on different patched (The developer message is dated more than a year ago.) I would advise to wait for the different changes on the next patch for the upcoming expansion of SWTOR : Knight of the Fallen Empire!

*snip*

First off... .what? Clearly English is not their first language.

2nd off... working as intended? I'm really confused as to what they're trying to say here... items ARE supposed to unlock? AREN'T?

***? People this thread have gotten their items unlocked and this guy is saying they just can't do that because..."the game changed on different patched" ???

http://imgur.com/a/81L8z

So I'm just supposed to assume that the expansion is going to fix everything (despite reading nothing along those lines in any Dev blog or upcoming patch notes)...

Took the poster a few replies above me's advice, resubmitted the ticket expressing my frustration and confusion, and AGAIN referenced this thread and the thread with the gold post.

Edited by RavageXX

He (probably) means "customer service" by "we" - they may not have the ability to grant collections items, either by policy or lack of tools. And with a major patch on the horizon, it's very easy for them to say "wait for the patch."

I am professionally offended by both answers, myself.

The atrocious spelling errors and grammar aside.... I'm pretty frustrated with the complete lack of remedy/resolution offered here...

Just wait for another patch... or re-submit your ticket so we can feed you the same line of ineptitude.... Oh okay...great customer service Bioware...

The atrocious spelling errors and grammar aside.... I'm pretty frustrated with the complete lack of remedy/resolution offered here...

Just wait for another patch... or re-submit your ticket so we can feed you the same line of ineptitude.... Oh okay...great customer service Bioware...

Asked to have it passed up the line to a supervisor / manager.

Probably doesn't help that customer service is through EA directly now and not touched by BW.

Honestly I thought when we got the rep vendors it was explained that you can purchase items for cartel certs per character. I have never had a single item purchased with cartel certificates unlock the version from the pack in Collections. I have max rep on most of the vendors and have purchased more then a few items from them.

The way I've always seen it was choose your purchases wisely and held onto as many certs as possible.

Probably doesn't help that customer service is through EA directly now and not touched by BW.

Honestly I thought when we got the rep vendors it was explained that you can purchase items for cartel certs per character. I have never had a single item purchased with cartel certificates unlock the version from the pack in Collections. I have max rep on most of the vendors and have purchased more then a few items from them.

The way I've always seen it was choose your purchases wisely and held onto as many certs as possible.

No where have I been able to find anything that states that, and unless people in this thread (and the other referenced) are outright lying, more than a few people have had mixed results from this.

Adding a caveat "buyer beware" as if you're buying a refurbished iphone or used car is hardly the way we should be expected to conduct purchases/transactions involving the Cartel market. There should be zero wiggle room or interpretation here, it should be spelled out really, really clearly as to avoid the mass confusion that seems to surround this issue. Add to the fact that some people are claiming the exact items that AREN'T unlocking HAVE unlocked for them, whether through the game functioning correctly OR Customer Service effecting this.... well, you can see why this issue needs to be resolved once and for all and in an official capacity by a Developer.

So my request to have the Ticket escalated was met by a canned response from a CSR Droid that just copy/pasted all the things that CS cannot help with... none of which pertain to this particular issue, but then of course at the bottom there's a message basically saying "if you don't see your issue listed here, assume it is an issue we can't help you with"..and then ticket closed.

------------------

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process your request as we do not offer the service you have requested.

Currently we are not able to assist with:

- Name changes (must be purchased through the Cartel Market)

- Faction or Class change

- Server transfers (paid server transfer is available on your account management page on http://www.swtor.com/)

- Server transfers between regions, i.e. US to EU or EU to US

- Un-binding of items (from Cartel Packs, Missions or Vendors)

- Trades between players, where one account is a Free To Play account

- In-game mail sent to incorrect characters in error

- Adjustments to character appearance (must be purchased through the apperance designer at the Cartel Bazaar)

- Abandoned missions

- The Public Test Server (Please post in http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=308 for help)

- Merging of accounts or transfers of characters between accounts

If you requested a different service not listed above, but received this response, please consider it to be a service we do not provide at the moment.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience. As such, requests of this type are something that we are monitoring and may potentially offer in the future.

Any new information will be communicated through our official forums, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

---------------------------------------------------

Edited by RavageXX

I use a lot of rep vendor gear and always have to buy them for each of my chars. It is the same as the special drop like Covert Gateway speeder, which I also had to buy 8 times over for all my chars. Myra's outfit comes from a vendor (single buy per char) or a pack which unlocks it. for your collection Costs more on GTN or CCs but some items have 2 ways to obtain them.

In my particular case, I was able to unlock Satele Shan's statue, but not Darth Malgus's, desptie obtaining both from rep vendor

And this is why I can't accept other people's answers as "this is the way it's always been, vendor items never unlock in collections".... because clearly some people are not experiencing that, which indicates an ongoing and persistent bug that needs to be addressed.

It should not be a guessing game as to what items unlock and which do not, especially when you factor in the amount of real money it takes to get certain reputations high/maxed.

If it's by DESIGN that they only want specific items from the rep vendors to unlock in collections, okay that's fine... but you have to CLEARLY label the item as such on the vendor. It cannot be done willy nilly roll the dice as is the current system.

I am amazed that this has not been brought up many more times and a bigger stink hasn't been made about it, given how inconsistent the system (and the Customer Service response) has been.

Edited by RavageXX

I just got back my ticket , the CS tried to say those rep items are not suppose to unlock blah blah, cause they are easier to obtain on the rep vendors, EASIER??????? you have to buy like 6 or more freaking HYPERCRATES to max out the rep to even get access to those items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Even after a CS/Dev Tait said they are suppose to unlock, due to it being a bug!!

I just resent another ticket with the post by Tait saying its a bug. This is frustrating, running in circles for no stupid reason.

I just got back my ticket , the CS tried to say those rep items are not suppose to unlock blah blah, cause they are easier to obtain on the rep vendors, EASIER??????? you have to buy like 6 or more freaking HYPERCRATES to max out the rep to even get access to those items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Even after a CS/Dev Tait said they are suppose to unlock, due to it being a bug!!

I just resent another ticket with the post by Tait saying its a bug. This is frustrating, running in circles for no stupid reason.

Not to mention how many Certificates a lot of these items cost, given how rarely those drop.

I've gotten 9 (NINE!) Certificate drops in total out of every pack and hypercrate I've ever opened.

I finally got a response to my ticket - they added Darth Malgus holostatue to collections, but noted that this was because it was specifically that item, most rep vendor items don't go to collections.

Hahaha and yet they completely ignored my request and closed my ticket TWICE for Music Therapy and Darth Malgus.

At my wit's end here.... if this is the type of inconsistency and misinformation I can expect from this company, well, sure won't be spending a single cent on the Cartel Market ever again.

Edited by RavageXX

What kind of Customer Service is this? some people they unlock items in collections and others they wont. And they are the same items on top of it! So basically its random service, some will help you, others wont. So i guess we all just keep spamming the hell out of the case tickets, til we get someone who will actually unlock those items!

My head hurts from all this needless bs. A Dev or CS has to be reading this, can we get a answer once and for all.

What kind of Customer Service is this? some people they unlock items in collections and others they wont. And they are the same items on top of it! So basically its random service, some will help you, others wont. So i guess we all just keep spamming the hell out of the case tickets, til we get someone who will actually unlock those items!

My head hurts from all this needless bs. A Dev or CS has to be reading this, can we get a answer once and for all.

About par for the course for gaming support, alas

Sure would be nice if a Dev could chime in here and clarify exactly what is going on.

Is this on your radar? Can you maybe pass a memo around the CS department?

Here's a shock...the patch didn't fix it.

Edited by RavageXX