My thoughts on playing as a Sith for the first time

HumbleJedi

Its been an interesting adventure for me.

Ive always loved how Jedi's have been noble and well " White Knights" so to speak, but ive thought about the other side of the coin, What about Sith, how about them?

So i saw some videos of their journies, Some sith became lightside sith aiming for a better change, some became dark aiming for their own glory.

Romancing was weird cause as a Sith Warrior with Jaesa, it reflected on what side you chose.

I found that the sith that are a manical society of perceptual backstabbing and deceit, just to advance story plot, In some cases, you have no choice but to take light shots just to progress or act with some kind of neutrality towards said mission.

While its my choice to choose light/dark choices, i chose dark because i wanted to be a pure evil sith.

Overall, the storyline is quite good but it just disturbs me at best!

Jedis are... Well, jedis, the smuggler is amusing, the agent is interesting, the BH is just boring (sorry, I can't even complete the BH story...) and the Trooper it's the standart soldier-military story

The Sith warrior is more the traditional Sith. You know, evil, some honor, betrayal,...

But the Sith inquisitor is the most funny character. It's the one that sits in the throne laughing wickedly. Sometimes is even cartoonish. I laughed more than once playing the inquisitor story. It's only outranked by the evil Jaesa (she's completely loony-tunes)

Edited by Breech

Play a Darkside Femquisitor......the voice actress makes it impossible to chose anything but darkside(well for me at least).

The French version of this is a bit weird. She has an almost-permanent hard-edged flat(1) menace in her voice that sometimes doesn't belong. That said, at least the actress dropped it when doing the voice work for the romance scenes with Andronikos. That would have been just ... weird.

(1) Not flat in the sense of weak acting, but in the sense that she never ever raises her voice, but there is no doubt that if you cross her, it's game over for you, bucko.

And no, it isn't impossible to pick dark side. I found a couple of times on Belsavis and Voss where there was a choice of light or dark or sitting there forever looking at the dialogue wheel, and the dark choice made no sense whatsoever. None. Taking it would have been showing her to be more insanely demonic than even an insanely demonic person would want to be. (Or maybe just insanely insane in some cases, like the Mother Machine.)

I think I enjoyed playing my inquisitor almost completely LS even more than the DS version. The responses you get from npc's when they realize you're not a psychopathic lunatic are priceless. Lol :D The LS warrior is tha same way.

Overall tho.....the Sith stories are my favorite to play (Not counting the smuggler which is my FAVORITE story).

The Sith Empire is a meritocracy by and large with a strict adherence to the strong rule over the weak. The more practical of the Sith recognize the constant infighting as

the single most significant factor in their eventual loss to the republic. If they had just shelved their differences and political maneuvering long enough to take out the republic they wouldn't have had any need for Isotope 5. The story also heavily focuses on the Republic's failings: corruption and politics

The Sith is my favorite side to play because of the lore and story behind how their society works being so different. My knowledge of star wars was very minimal and pretty much Empire is bad, Republic is good. Well I'm familiar with an overall good society with elected representatives being corrupt, red-tape shenanigans, etc. It was nice to get background into how the bad society worked. All that said, the multiple trips I made on both factions have been really enjoyable. Tbh, playing all the classes now and doing most if not all of the side missions, I feel like I've read a novels worth of SW lore.

I enjoy playing the force users as having a force alignment that matches their faction. My Jedi Knight and Consular are both light side heroes, and the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor are both dark side villains.

Actually, if you want to dispel your misconception that the Jedi are "honorable", play a LIGHT SIDE Sith, particularly the Warrior story.

The Jedi as an order are honorable and noble overall, though some individuals occasionally fall short of their ideals. The Jedi are devoted to defending the weak, preventing injustices, preserving freedom and democracy, ect. Note that when the Jedi do fall short of their order's ideals, they lean dark side, whereas the order itself is devoted to the light side of the force.

Light side Sith are also still villains. They're just slightly sympathetic or complex ones, rather than the mustache twirling villainy of the dark side Sith. Likewise dark side Jedi who are defending the Republic are still heroes in the story, they're just more of the antihero variety than a white knight.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco