Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Who are the Knights and what Empire is fallen?

DarthTyranid

Just occurred to me to ask this now.

Knights: I would think Jedi, but they are of the Republic, not Empire.

Zakuul, but the Zakuul Empire has not fallen.

Fallen Empire: Obvious answer being the Sith Empire, but they don't have knights.

Republic has knights, but was never an Empire.

Who the heck is this expansion titled after?

I thought it was

Knights or "heroes" like of the old

Fallen empire the zakuul empire pushed the pub and imps back to the point of toppling.

Knights of the fallen empire should of had the s but would not look as good.

I.e knights of the fallen empires

I think "Empire" refers to both Republic and The Sith Empire, because you know, Republic is also an empire from a certain point of view - a large galactic civilization albeit without a monarchy

"Knights" - I want to say this one refers to our characters, but apparently there's only one canon Outlander, so I'll just go with Jedi/Sith

One could also argue the name refers to The Eternal Empire, since it is destined to fall anyway, along with Arcann/Vaylin and their Zakuul Knights.

So... I have no evidence of this, and therefore, this is not a spoiler. But to me, the title indicates that this will be a formalized group of individuals. Much like a DAI type of thing. You will recruit the Knights and then you will use them.

Zakuul has knights, if the armor set is anything to go by. I think Zakuul is the fallen empire, its just that the SWTOR era is set during its rebirth.

The Zakuul knights are probably force users, and more specifically a dark side cult. The word knights in Star Wars lore doesn't necessarily have to refer to light siders. The dark side villain in the upcoming Star Wars film for example isn't a Sith, he's a member of another force cult (presumably dark side) called the Knights of Ren.

I thought maybe it was a clever miss-directed title like "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" where the title describes the end of the movie, so in the case "Star Wars the Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire" refers to the Eternal Empire falling, including their knights?

Could refer to Republic and Empire, but that quote of Lana Beniko on the website says: "they have all but fallen" so either they completely fall, or it's Zakuul/Eternal Empire falling.

I am sure the title will make more sense then "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" They didn't even manage to rise above the atmosphere of Makeb. :p

Knowing BioWare, it'll be this:

Long ago, there was an ancient order of Knights serving the Eternal Empire of the Rakata. Trained in both the light and the dark sides of the Force, they were the lords and masters of the lesser races.

When the Rakata were pushed back, these servants sent with them, serving them until the Rakata were no more. By this point, the Rakata had been driven back into another galaxy, one bordering the Rishi maze.

There, the Knights of the Fallen Eternal Empire gathered their strength, and waited for an opportunity to seize their masters' galaxy for themselves. At the peak of the war between the Republic and the Sith Empire, that opportunity arose...

If they wanted to make an opening scroll for it, there it is. Lol :)

Knowing BioWare, it'll be this:

Long ago, there was an ancient order of Knights serving the Eternal Empire of the Rakata. Trained in both the light and the dark sides of the Force, they were the lords and masters of the lesser races.

When the Rakata were pushed back, these servants sent with them, serving them until the Rakata were no more. By this point, the Rakata had been driven back into another galaxy, one bordering the Rishi maze.

There, the Knights of the Fallen Eternal Empire gathered their strength, and waited for an opportunity to seize their masters' galaxy for themselves. At the peak of the war between the Republic and the Sith Empire, that opportunity arose...

If they wanted to make an opening scroll for it, there it is. Lol :)

Also these Force users had hot blue skinned alien chicks that were totally bisexual.

Cause bioware.

the title is a dead giveaway for something that is going to happen in the game, something important.

rise of the hutt cartel - start of both imperial and republic. you learn the hutt cartel has invaded makeb and so its their rise to power.

shadow of revan - you learn at the end that the dark side part of revan didnt want death and was overshadowed by events not even he understood, the emperor and his wondering lightside spirit in the force. in effect a shadow of what revan was.

knights of the fallen empire could refer to certain important figures within the sith empire that has fallen, these knights are sent out to put an end to the eternal empire. or it could mean important figures within the eternal empire see their empire topple in front of them. no idea of the context yet, only one way to find out in 9 days from now.

Edited by Celise

Fallen can refer to several things though, e.g. "fallen to the dark side", e.g. if the Zakuul emperor (if any) before Valkorion perhaps wasn't dark side aligned?

Hoowever, in this case it's the simple matter of Chapter 4 being Valkorion losing against the body-sharing KephessMalgus, the Zakuul Empire falling to KephessMalgus' might and you taking on the reins of the Zakuul Empire to stop the almighty KephessMalgus.

Edited by MFollin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.