What is the Best Guide

MasterDarkim

Anybody using any of the available guides, and is so what is the best. I see more than one out there. I'm new to this style of gaming and need help to better understand everything. I usually visit forums often and learn most things, but here the search is disabled making this pretty much a useless forum. Google search seems to refer to people selling a guide, so which is the best one? By the way I want a guide that doesn't teach hacks, I want to play legit, just learn to be better at it. Any help is very much appreciated.

I dunno.... when I played SWG, the paid guide helped me quite a bit. I find this forum a little "Scattered" when it comes to finding specific info. Is there even a search function? If there is I'm not finding it.

The search function is disabled. I was hoping some others would pop in with some fan sites that they know. I primarily use Torhead but it doesn't have EVERYTHING. I haven't looked at the paid guides but I'd bet dollars to donuts that they're going to be 0 help to him and aren't going to teach him how to play but instead tell him how to get from 1 to 50 the fastest way (which is pointless in this game since it's pretty linear.)

Yeah, don't want to just get done fast, but maximize the fun on the way. I've played RPG's before (the other two Star Wars, the two Mass Effects) but never played a MMO. This is new, that's what I need help with. Things like, how to get credits, what's the best thing to spend them on, things like that. Thanks for the reply's though that may save me some money.

Greetings!

We have some awesome guides available right on swtor.com! For starters, we do have a wonderful guide from community member Goshee. It's a must read for newcomers and veterans alike! In addition, we have the online New Player Guide and Game Manual.

If you're interested in a particular class, check out the forums for each one in our Classes Forum, as they'll have great stickies for guides and other valuable information posted in each one.

In addition, we have a wonderful community in New Player Help. Should you not find answers to what you're looking for, don't be afraid to ask!

Have a great evening :)