The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

One-Time Password Prompt - Daily - ***?

Hiply

No, seriously, every day. For the past several days from the same PC, in the same house, on the same network, with the same IP address, I am getting the One Time Password prompt from the login screen when I fire up the game.

What gives?

I have the same exact problem and it's terribly annoying. This only happens when I login while I am on the Internet while I am doing other things. I have no problem when I use the "Client Launcher" to play the Game. Even more frustrating is Customer Service is null and void I can not get any help other than a prerecorded message/Email . If you have made any progress please let me know and I'll do the same.;) Edited by ElderEller
I forgot to add where my Login problems were happening

Don't know if this is an actual fix or not but I downloaded the free star wars security app and when I used it to enter the game as well as the website (disabling the erase cookies check mark) o don't get these anymore.

Try it out and let me and everyone else know if it still persists.

Edited by PrincessNuri

Thank-you for the Fix Idea but this is an internal mess and I am sure lots of other Players are having the same problem also. : I called Customer Service this evening and the Rep said he would relay this to the SWTOR Team's Feedback list. Just today alone I had to retrieve 3 code numbers. What's even worst now is that after I log into the Game and need to go to Support/Website I need Code numbers now also, While I see my name on the Website....CRAZY!!!! :confused:

As stated above use the security key ..it also gives you 100cc per month

I think the point is that I (we) shouldn't have to do that. If they want to make additional authentication mandatory that's one thing. To suggest that it's an acceptable bug fix is not. I haven't changed systems or IP addresses, the system knows what my previous logins were, it knows it's the same system with the same IP, and it should not be promting me for an emailed code to tell it what it already knows.

Annnnnd, yep, it just did it again.

Edited by Hiply