No Voice chat?

Lord-Maknoe

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to activate the voice chat (if swtor has one), cause I bought a pair of turtle beach head phones just for this game but can't figure out for the life of me how to turn it on.

If it has it, I have not found it.

Using trusty old Ventrillo to communicate with my friends who play.

Well I have never heard of Ventrilo. As far I as know, there was always an in-game voice chat. But if there isn't for Tor then what is Ventrilo?

Ventrilo and teamspeak are VOIP services that people have been using to play various MMOs before MMOs incorporated in-game voice chats. Developers created in-game voice chat in response to the use of third party VOIP services.

Edited by Quiet

Wow has voice chat, and iv never used it, bioware probably couldn't be bothered with it as no one would use it. Its not exactly hard to use skype/vent/teamspeak.

same here, in game voice chats always suck, im glad bioware didnt bother with this as the majority of people who want voice chat will use vent or TS anyways

EQ2 was(is) the only MMO to date with a useable in game voice service. Every other game that spouts one has a huge lack of features, customizations and such that make them not worth ever having turned on to begin with.

Also, TS3 > Ventrillo.