New planet models for KotFE?

Macetheace

Any word on this Eric? - both the planet view from orbital stations and the fly in scenes planet models for some planets are still the original and they look really dated, not to mention the glow effect on them looks really weird on an area that could easily add a high cool factor. Both for existing but especially for new players that will cos a WOW this game is even more beautiful feeling

Taris

Balmorra

Quesh

Voss

Alderaan

Coreilla

Ilum

- surprisingly Makeb and Czerka 192

I know the team updated: Fleet, Dromund Kass, Coruscant, Tatooine, Nar Shadda - in addition to the new planets like Kuati, Oricon, Manaan, Rishi, Yavin 4, Ziost etc, but the old ones could use some new models and better ones too,

The more space looks really fancy and life like the more amazing the game feels or you feel excited to play it even more. That's the effect it has on me, it is an easy way of really getting into the vibe, the immersion.

Perhaps have some really interesting things in their orbits too.. like Coreilla could have giant multiple ship yards, Belsavis like a lazer grid net surrounding the planet. Hoth could have a lot of space debris in its orbit with an animation occassionally seeing some of it decay into the planet atmosphere. Balmorra could have some massive defense weapon platforms. Voss could have a very pretty looking planet of an autumn like gold with blue, glowing like a sunset of a cool ocean.

unique individual things, that help kill the sameness feeling to them and excites the imagination plus gives your new players the truly WOW factor.

Edited by Macetheace

Any word on this Eric? - the fly in scenes for some planets are still the original and they look really dated, not to mention the glow effect on them looks really weird.

Taris

Balmorra

Quesh

Voss

Alderaan

Coreilla

Ilum

I know the team updated: Fleet, Dromund Kass, Coruscant, Tatooine, Nar Shadda - in addition to the new planets like Kuati, Oricon, Manaan, Rishi, Yavin 4, Ziost etc, but the old ones could use some new models and better ones too,

The more space looks really fancy and life like the more amazing the game feels or you feel excited to play it even more. That's the effect it has on me, it is an easy way of really getting into the vibe, the immersion.

Perhaps have some really interesting things in their orbits too.. like Coreilla could have giant multiple ship yards, Belsavis like a lazer grid net surrounding the planet. Hoth could have a lot of space debris in its orbit with an animation occassionally seeing some of it decay into the planet atmosphere. Balmorra could have some massive defense weapon platforms. Voss could have a very pretty looking planet of an autumn like gold with blue, glowing like a sunset of a cool ocean.

unique individual things, that help kill the sameness feeling to them and excites the imagination plus gives your new players the truly WOW factor.

^ this...

It would especially be nice too if they could manage ones for the flashpoints, especially ones like Directive 7 that take yout o planets - i know new flashpoints like Kuati Drive Yards, do have nice new planet models, but every Ops/flashpoint you expect players to go to regularly needs one too

I'd love to see this happen!

Make it a CM purchase if you have too...

:D

pls don't make it a cartel market purchase, it's something you'd want everyone who plays or tries this game out to see, but, the fact that he and others like myself would use cartel coins to have this just goes to show how badly some of us want it.

it would seriously help with an even greater spacey vibe.

the poor planet model graphics have always done a dis-service to the game, and it's shame because they could raise rather than lower, given how they can literally be animated high rez gif's movie like even.. it's a shame cos some really exciting stuff could be done there

Edited by Macetheace

and new planet models would be so cool to be seen in fly scenes - you know the journey scenes you get.. makes it look so much nicer.

but also particularly when yuou're standing at an orbital station, some of the most breathtaking views are space view of your planet, if they made some really good models here, this game would look easily a lot more awesome.

but at the moment, most of the planet models are actually making the game look worse, not better.

Agreed! The "updated" planets look so much better and I like that cutscene :)

agreed, it really inspires the imagination and immerses you in the fantasy, especially in a star wars game you actually can't fly in space save for the GSF and space combat - so it' snot lie you can take circles round a gorgeous planet.

but it feels so spacey every time you're flying into a planet you see a beautiful inspiring view, or if you're in an orbital station you can just go to the edge and admire the view , and thing, NICE, i'm actually going IN there.

Orbital stations are going away. Haven't heard how it's being handled, though.

really? that's a shame and a bit of a waste of time too, for a new player they are definitely part of the experience, and a very necessary reminder that you're in a space game.

with all the porting about and zooming from A to B, i mean, the less space you have been interwoven into your gameplay the less star warsy it's gonna feel, besides space is your huge advantage, you're moving through the galaxy, Wildstar doesn't have that even though it's sci-fi, you want to play to your advantages, not remove them.

rather make them more appealing, give different orbital station designs, or give stunning planet models that give a visual feast whenever you cross them. Losing them is a bad idea, at most they should just give Vet players an option to skip them, but I'd say leave them. it's a waste of time to remove something that actually has a value and can easily be toned up to make the game more attractive.

They served no real purpose and didn't make sense. You have a spiffy ship of your own, but instead of flying directly to the planet, you had to go to the stations and then run to catch a shuttle.

Besides, they stopped with the station nonsense with the newer planets anyways.

They served no real purpose and didn't make sense. You have a spiffy ship of your own, but instead of flying directly to the planet, you had to go to the stations and then run to catch a shuttle.

Besides, they stopped with the station nonsense with the newer planets anyways.

They may have served the purpose of traffic control? Anyway, i noticed some planets had them, others didn't, a lore reason no doubt, but they certainly give a more spacey feel to the game, what was not good is that they were ALL identical, but it's great to have an orbital view of the planet and I'd have placed more vendors on the orbital station.

On some planets like Quesh, it's part of the lore and they shouldn't remove, I think.

Been playing through the stories with the 12x EXP and that is one thing that always stands out. Some planets look nice and some planets are so pixelated that Im surprised they were even in the game at release. Those textures look about 15 years old.

It would just be a really nice polish thing. Many new players will see those images and cringe. It makes the game look unfinished. It really shouldnt be that hard to makes few new high res textures.

Been playing through the stories with the 12x EXP and that is one thing that always stands out. Some planets look nice and some planets are so pixelated that Im surprised they were even in the game at release. Those textures look about 15 years old.

It would just be a really nice polish thing. Many new players will see those images and cringe. It makes the game look unfinished. It really shouldnt be that hard to makes few new high res textures.

exactly, that's what I thought, having it so bad makes you cringe, having it okay, is okay, but having it look really cool, really just adds to the whole fantasy..and it's important it does - you need to play to the spacey, sci-fi feel, and an oorbital view are one of the most breath taking sights of space, especially in a game where you're not going to be seeing much of space, those images/models would seriously help

Looked, couldn't find it. Must have misread/misunderstood.

Although it would be nice if they were.

it would be a bad idea if they were, too little of space as it is, imo, they should make the orbital stations have an all glass control room so you can see space all around you and a gorgeous model of the planet and the sun/moons

indeed, we see it, but does Bioware? and what do they feel about it.. because for me, looks are really important, and improved planet models both for the fly-scenes and looking out from orbital stations are a very easy way of making the game look substantially better. The bad models really drag the whole thing down. Hope they fix it soon.

Any word on this Eric? - both the planet view from orbital stations and the fly in scenes planet models for some planets are still the original and they look really dated, not to mention the glow effect on them looks really weird on an area that could easily add a high cool factor. Both for existing but especially for new players that will cos a WOW this game is even more beautiful feeling

Taris

Balmorra

Quesh

Voss

Alderaan

Coreilla

Ilum

Agreed 100%