Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What will levelling 1-60 be like after KotFE launches?

Nvara

Unfortunately I heard about the 12x exp only a few weeks ago. Not enough to go see the 7 other storylines I didnt do at launch. I understand that is probably ending around Oct 20 when we get KotFE. But have they changed anything in the questing/levelling process that would resemble the 12x exp? ie can JUST go through those storylines without having to do stupid side quests or grind to level? I've been rummaging forums but mostly see stuff about the level sync, companion changes etc. If this info is out there and someone could point me to it that'd be great.

Ahh bummer. Guess I'm done when this runs out. That "plus the main planetary questline" sounds like a lot of crappy quests I have ZERO interest in doing 5 more times. Someone call me next time they do 12x exp for storyline. :p

Thanks for the responses.

the new streamlined leveling is basically just a smidgen less than 12x exp. The leveling curve will be very similar to the 12x curve.

12x was so popular they have revamped it to be the norm, just called it something else.

the new streamlined leveling is basically just a smidgen less than 12x exp. The leveling curve will be very similar to the 12x curve.

12x was so popular they have revamped it to be the norm, just called it something else.

By "smidgen" you mean much, much less. You're not going to be able to just level by doing class stories, you'll have to do the planet stories as well.

They confirmed that it will be class missions plus the main planetary quest line is all you will need levelling 1-50.

Translated into relative terms:

It will take twice as long as x12, because you're doing two quest chains per planet instead of one, but will still be 6x faster than normal.

Ahh bummer. Guess I'm done when this runs out. That "plus the main planetary questline" sounds like a lot of crappy quests I have ZERO interest in doing 5 more times. Someone call me next time they do 12x exp for storyline..

Those "crappy quests" are better than some class stories. Jedi Consular is generally the least favourite story, especially his Act 1. I would always recommend to play either the planetary mission for Taris or Belsavis rather than Jedi Consular.

It's good that they nerfed XP from the class stories a bit. New players were missing out a lot of depth of the original setting. The planetary quests are fun when you play them for the 1st time and rather important to understand some parts of the game, e.g. meeting Dread Masters on Belsavis. A new player skips that mission at this moment and when he comes to Oricon he has no idea who they are and why they say they met him before. :)

Ahh bummer. Guess I'm done when this runs out. That "plus the main planetary questline" sounds like a lot of crappy quests I have ZERO interest in doing 5 more times. Someone call me next time they do 12x exp for storyline. :p

Thanks for the responses.

Have you not noticed they are changing everything about the game for 4.0? There's literally no way you can know right now if you'll enjoy the leveling experience then.

Also, if you just participated in 12x XP, why not just do the 4.0 storyline for awhile? Nobody is forcing you to level an 15th character if you don't want to do so.

By "smidgen" you mean much, much less. You're not going to be able to just level by doing class stories, you'll have to do the planet stories as well.

Or PvP or Flashpoints or Heroics or whatever. It's a trivial amount of xp needed per level and runs 1000's of times faster than MMO's that many of us grew up on. I've never seen so much whining about a leveling experience that takes "about the amount of time as a standard Bioware offline game". 30 hours or so, not worth the whining in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently the legacy perks ( 6 perks @ +6% exp bonus each, right? ) do not stack with the 12x. If the new streamlined questing is *normally* about 6x and those perks work again maybe it wont be so bad?

Example old 10k storyline quest..

Currently worth 120000 or with +25% CC bonus item = 150000

Going forward that quest is worth 60000 base, +36% (21600) = 81600 + +25% item = 102000

IF this is how it will work (and my math is right) it wont be twice the questing, more like 1/3 more than now. But to keep that up I suspect the freebie +25% items wont be enough to cover all the way to level 50+ so we'll have to spend cartel coins again on those.

What I hear is... "I don't want to talk two npcs that are essentially in the same area, since I'd be doing both mission sets at the same time, and they essentially take me to the same area."

I do agree, that the planet quests are boring. But think of the alternative. You can either get them all in during the 12x now, or you can not do them at all. Or you can go back and do them old-school, with every planet quest in existence, rather than just the main line.

Or you can go back and do them old-school, with every planet quest in existence, rather than just the main line.

I have levelled one of each class story (well almost I will finish the last one at the weekend), but I kind of want to level my newer characters old school. I am a odd one in that I would prefer to race through a class story on my first go and on the second go much slower.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.