One simple reason Marauders are underpowered in PVP

Tycoon

I am a level 45 marauder. The marauder does blossom late, you have to be patient with this class. There is an extreme disadvantage for marauders though. It is not because maruaders do not have enough damage or mitigation. In fact, I often find myself one of the top three damage dealers in war zones. However, there is a very simple reason marauders are underpowered in PVP. Marauders simply do not have CC for humanoids. Most companions are humanoids not droids, which is the only cc NPC category marauders have.

Today, I got my *** handed to me by a Sage. The first time we encountered each other, I barely defeated him. The Sage Cced my companion while I could do nothing to his healing companion. I had to burn every single one of my cool downs, even my 20 min cool down. Though I beat him the first time, he had no trouble with me (after all my cool downs were gone) the second time.

The only solution I can think of is to make companions immune to CC, or give marauders the ability to also CC humanoids.

I was extremely disappointed Bioware had not foreseen such an issue. Though, I do have to admit, I myself did not predict this.

Edited by Tycoon

Companion pvp? I'm sorry but the game will never be balanced for companion based pvp. Nor for that matter 1v1 head to head pvp. As in you will always have one class that owns in a duel situation but the game does not reward nor penalize you based on duels. It's there for fun. Everyone has a role in warzones and that's where the balancing takes place.

you're doing it wrong my marauder owns in pvp i bet you aren't even using absufocate or w/e it's called. Use your saber root also. think a little bit? use your skills?

You mean Obfuscate? Yes i used Obfuscate. I used every one of my abilities. I used Deadly Throw's root effect all the time. The point was, Sages can CC my companions for 1 mins, but i cant not. That is the reason lost. I did not lost because i dont know how to play my class or I didnt used an ability right. Maruaders are underpowered in world pvp because they cant CC companions for 1min like some classes.

Sage's 1 min CC isnt a "new ability" at lvl 45....

Have any of you played SWTOR or even a MMO before?

Edited by Tycoon

Companion pvp? I'm sorry but the game will never be balanced for companion based pvp. Nor for that matter 1v1 head to head pvp. As in you will always have one class that owns in a duel situation but the game does not reward nor penalize you based on duels. It's there for fun. Everyone has a role in warzones and that's where the balancing takes place.

So you think someone who can CC a companion for one min and i can not is fair?

Edited by Tycoon

I think it doesn't matter tbh. Fight like men and put your pets up.

I would agree. However, you cant not expect the opposite side to put their companion away as well. So, it makes fighting a marauder childs play to anyone who can CC companions.

That was all i was trying to say.

I would agree. However, you cant not expect the opposite side to put their companion away as well. So, it makes fighting a marauder childs play to anyone who can CC companions.

That was all i was trying to say.

Well you actually said the marauder was lack in pvp because....... Where as I was just saying this game will never be balanced for companion pvp. Which I know happens in the world, but it's silly to think anyone is taking that form of pvp serious. World pvp outside of ilum is merely a "fun" aspect of the game, not necessarily going to always be fair when npc's are involved.

"Fight like men and put your pets up."

Sounds like your for fair combat as well? If that is the case, would you be for companions automaticly dismissed when player's engage each other, in dueling or otherwise?

Also, "fun" doesnt mean things have to be unfair.

Edited by Tycoon

I don't think companions should be made immune to CC, but if they're susceptible to being CC'd for a full minute, they should be given a CC breaker or have the effects/durations of CC used on them significantly reduced in the interest of fairness.

This game will not be balanced around 1v1. World PvP is completely hit or miss and has to do with many different factors on determining who will win. Level, the element of surprise, etc all can be deciding factors.

The game will be balanced around 8man warzones. Get a tank to guard you and get a pocket healer and you will be fine.

Making it so companions are treated the same a players in terms of CC durations is really all that needs to be done to fix this issue.

He just phrased the post badly, what he is actually saying is a fair concern. I don't think marauders need a humanoid CC but 1 min CC on a companion is not okay when only one person can do it. Just make it the same duration as when it is used on players.

It's probably just something they overlooked because companions cant get into warzones.

Edited by ToiletBrush