Shield and Absorb should be merged also

Deyjarl

Just like Critical and Surge, Shield and Absorb should have been merged also.

With Defense moved to a primary, it means Tanks will have to spec more Defense to be effective. This leaves less room to spec for Shield and Absorb, which is a big hit for some tanks other than Guardians and Juggs.

Combining the stats would at least save SOME of that space for state specialization, although I'm not even sure that will be enough with the changes coming up.

Its a good idea for a bad decision (by BW) but i'm also not sure if this will 'fix' the upcoming problem.

Some classes have a heavy boost on shielding, so they can afford to stack more in absorb.

If you merge both, then there will be less room again to customize your tank which could lead to bottlenecking tank classes when it comes to stats.

The loss of absorb is going to drastically reduce the effectiveness of my shadow/sin tanks, even with the class ability to boost their shield effectiveness. Making Defense the only other primary tier value is not going to help me out in any fashion. Not a good feeling, given how they have been gimped several times over already.

Its a good idea for a bad decision (by BW) but i'm also not sure if this will 'fix' the upcoming problem.

Some classes have a heavy boost on shielding, so they can afford to stack more in absorb.

If you merge both, then there will be less room again to customize your tank which could lead to bottlenecking tank classes when it comes to stats.

I'm not sure it'll fix it either, but it would be a step in that direction.

If they are combined it would free up more space for other things.

I suspect they'll have to add a buff to certain stances for certain classes, as they had to once before also.

Edited by Deyjarl