The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

We have no idea what Marr looks like! They could turn it around on us and we find out she had twins!

True, but I'm a slave to the voice. But hey, can't be too hard to take if he resembles Theron :D Hmm...body type 3 Theron. Odd.

Agreed. I just want Marr back the way he was before we knew the Eternal Empire existed. Now those days are like the good old days. Feels like were in Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 1 & 2 are the good old days.

Yep, it does indeed. :)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear folks think Marr is still dark side! Also, I totally missed this thread which has a discussion about Marr appearing like a 'light side' ghost. My favorite interpretation is that the requirement isn't goodness, but acceptance of death or being at peace with your own death, which Marr certainly was.

I was kind of disappointed that when Marr became a stronghold decoration, that he was a hologram of a ghost or something. I'd hoped he'd at least be solid and alive looking like the others when we have them unsummoned.

I also find the decoration odd. If you don't finish Chapter 1 and can still summon Marr as a companion, you don't get the stronghold deco. But if you have finished chapter 1, he's dead and therefore unsummonable, so its permanently a hologram. It looks solid in the preview panel though, not ghostly. Unless they do something special, maybe this means he'll be summonable again in the future? *hopeful*

Also, something ghost Marr says in KotFE really bugs me. When talking about Valkorion, he says "Even when my life depended on it, I did not see him properly until it was too late."

Except Marr does recognize that Valkorion is the Emperor, right? And he supposedly knows his own death is approaching. Does this mean he underestimated Valkorion's power? I took Marr's throne room "I will not kneel" declaration as his death-before-surrender moment. But maybe he genuinely thought he could defeat everyone including Big V? (I'm tired of typing out his name :D)

Edited by MissyMI

Glad to hear folks think Marr is still dark side! Also, I totally missed this thread which has a discussion about Marr appearing like a 'light side' ghost. My favorite interpretation is that the requirement isn't goodness, but acceptance of death or being at peace with your own death, which Marr certainly was.

I also find the decoration odd. If you don't finish Chapter 1 and can still summon Marr as a companion, you don't get the stronghold deco. But if you have finished chapter 1, he's dead and therefore unsummonable, so its permanently a hologram. It looks solid in the preview panel though, not ghostly. Unless they do something special, maybe this means he'll be summonable again in the future? *hopeful*

Also, something ghost Marr says in KotFE really bugs me. When talking about Valkorion, he says "Even when my life depended on it, I did not see him properly until it was too late."

Except Marr does recognize that Valkorion is the Emperor, right? And he supposedly knows his own death is approaching. Does this mean he underestimated Valkorion's power? I took Marr's throne room "I will not kneel" declaration as his death-before-surrender moment. But maybe he genuinely thought he could defeat everyone including Big V? (I'm tired of typing out his name :D)

That quote, "Even when my life depended on it, I did not see him properly until it was too late," has weighed on my mind more than I care to admit. Like you say...there is something there, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I just know that if they try and say this is another incarnation of Revan, I won't be responsible. Cause you figure, if he can shape the galaxy and stuff into whatever he wants, that Rakatan engine you get on Nar Shadaa bonus series, where you get the seed from it, and it replicates things...yeah, like I said, it'd better not be freaking Revan...

Also, if you've foreseen your death, and are prepared for it, why fight? I suppose you could say he wanted to go out fighting, just to make a point, but still...I see no profit in it.

That throne room scene bugs me for all kinds of reasons, some of them on an almost subliminal level. Not to mention...I don't see it being logical that Arcann and Outlander who wouldn't kneel would be enemies really...they don't have to be...Arcann gives Outlander his chance and Outlander takes it...you could say it was to frame Outlander for killing Valkie...but why frame him/her? It was obvious Arcann couldn't kill him alone...he was only acting as a distraction. If anything they're allies. Also Vaylin must be a complete pinhead not to see what really happened, when she walks into the throne room again, and Valk is dead, and Outlander is unconscious next to him and Arcann is the only one left standing? How would Outlander have gotten out of their stun cuffs if not for Arcann? It's all a bit weak, when you start looking a bit closely.

I'm also unnerved by the way Vaylin stares at Marr's corpse and clears the room. Why?

Arcann gives Outlander his chance and Outlander takes it...you could say it was to frame Outlander for killing Valkie...but why frame him/her? It was obvious Arcann couldn't kill him alone...he was only acting as a distraction. If anything they're allies.

Though Valkorion and his family are very powerful, they rule over a world of people who need to believe in their leaders. I think he set up the Outlander so Arcann would appear blameless and could rule without challenge.

Also Vaylin must be a complete pinhead not to see what really happened, when she walks into the throne room again, and Valk is dead, and Outlander is unconscious next to him and Arcann is the only one left standing? How would Outlander have gotten out of their stun cuffs if not for Arcann? It's all a bit weak, when you start looking a bit closely.

I think Vaylin knows exactly what happened, but she's not strong enough yet to challenge her brother for the throne, so she's playing along until the time is right. Senya said Vaylin was wielding force powers in the womb and Valkorion had to limit her power. But once she figures out how to use her full potential, I think things will get very scary very quickly.

I'm also unnerved by the way Vaylin stares at Marr's corpse and clears the room. Why?

If Vaylin and Arcann both wanted their father out of the way, it's possible she used Marr's death as an excuse to remove as many witnesses as possible and set up a chance for her brother to take out their father. But yeah, her expression was downright creepy.

I agree with you that the throne room scene feels odd. Marr was always so steady, but Valkorion goads him into attacking pretty easily. Also, I don't understand why Marr didn't free the player character from their bonds first when attacking the Zakuul knights. There's a powerful ally standing (apparently helplessly) next to him. For such a great strategist, that seems like a glaring error.

It feels a little like some pieces were cut out of the scene. I'd love to know how the heck Marr and the player survived an exploding ship to even make it to Zakuul in the first place. They didn't even seem hurt.

Though Valkorion and his family are very powerful, they rule over a world of people who need to believe in their leaders. I think he set up the Outlander so Arcann would appear blameless and could rule without challenge.

I think Vaylin knows exactly what happened, but she's not strong enough yet to challenge her brother for the throne, so she's playing along until the time is right. Senya said Vaylin was wielding force powers in the womb and Valkorion had to limit her power. But once she figures out how to use her full potential, I think things will get very scary very quickly.

If Vaylin and Arcann both wanted their father out of the way, it's possible she used Marr's death as an excuse to remove as many witnesses as possible and set up a chance for her brother to take out their father. But yeah, her expression was downright creepy.

I agree with you that the throne room scene feels odd. Marr was always so steady, but Valkorion goads him into attacking pretty easily. Also, I don't understand why Marr didn't free the player character from their bonds first when attacking the Zakuul knights. There's a powerful ally standing (apparently helplessly) next to him. For such a great strategist, that seems like a glaring error.

It feels a little like some pieces were cut out of the scene. I'd love to know how the heck Marr and the player survived an exploding ship to even make it to Zakuul in the first place. They didn't even seem hurt.

Darth Marr´s voice is beyond epic, it fits him perfectly. So yeah who doesnt love his voice.

You two are saying just what Ive been saying since everyone started to finish Chapter 9. Why does Vaylin bother to drag out Darth Marr´s supposed body out of the room? If hes dead why bother try to make the room more private.

And again yes why doesnt Arcann free The Outlander when Marr attacks Valkorion? I hate that we just stand there like "lalalal, oh Marr your cool, sorry I cant do anything hm hm hmm." I was like "Hello, super powerful person here with Marr , let me fight! "

And again yes, that quote. "Even when my own life depended on it, I didnt see it, until it was to late" that Marr sais by the campfire. Ive been thinking about that a lot. There sure as heck is something fishy about it. He already knew it was Valkorion. But I think its about something else. Maybe hes referring to before he and The Outlander were even captured, just before the trap back on Marr´s ship. "I didnt see it until it was already to late". He already knew it was Valkorion.

And also about that quote "even when my own life depended on it". I dont think it referrers to his own life, like life and death like everyone thinks. For example, the fact that he uses the word "life". That doesnt have to mean life and death. That could mean his way of life, his lifestyle etc. There is just something more to it. I could be wrong with these examples but I think a lot of people are just thinking of the obvious and not digging deeper. This is a story, there is always something hidden between the lines right under our noses.

Bottom line, I very much doubt that somehow Marr will not be back in the flesh. I am at least very hopeful that we will see Marr in the flesh again.

Well, if you do not finish the story, he can be your comp forever. My Scoundrel now has him after I hit level 65. I am not really going back in, so I think it's Marr or Treek or Nico or something like that now for me for a fighting comp. Edited by DomiSotto

Good point about why didn't Marr set Outlander free...I suppose the reasoning there was that he didn't want them both to be killed...or that even awesome strategists make mistakes in the heat of the moment. As I said before, when you start looking too closely many things stick out a bit strangely.

You might be right about scenes being cut. I reckon that Zakuul boarded Marr's ship after it rammed them, and found our heros unconscious but alive and dragged them back to their ship. It does leave a lot to the imagination though.

Good point about why didn't Marr set Outlander free...I suppose the reasoning there was that he didn't want them both to be killed...or that even awesome strategists make mistakes in the heat of the moment. As I said before, when you start looking too closely many things stick out a bit strangely.

You might be right about scenes being cut. I reckon that Zakuul boarded Marr's ship after it rammed them, and found our heros unconscious but alive and dragged them back to their ship. It does leave a lot to the imagination though.

Actually, for all Marr knew The Outlander was going to be killed no matter what. So why not, why didnt Arcann free The Outlander and help out since he wanted Valkorion dead. After all knights were delt with by Marr. He did want to rule Zakuul, he cant rule if hes seen helping the ruler die.

But yeah we can speculate a lot about this. I guess we will learn more about all this in Chapter X and later. I just really hope all we have wished for, some choice, ceremony or something brings back Marr.

• 4 weeks later...
Even though I think it's a long shot, I'm still hoping they bring back Marr too. I refuse to continue the storyline with my favorite character until we have evidence of Marr's absolute return! If we receive none well.....honestly, the KOTFE story isn't interesting or unique enough in my opinion to pursue with more than a few characters unless it's for gear and xp. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, it's just not all it was built up to be. I keep thinking about how much more fun it would be to have Marr there along with or instead of moody Koth and gloomy Senya. Marr's occasional depressed mood is much more fun to interact with, likely because he is a character I actually find interesting and feel invested in. Regardless, it's nice to find fellow Marr fans still here.

This is about making a good story, screw game mechanics, other classes whining about why they can't do it -

Have Marr as a Force Ghost companion, but limit him to healing. (He wouldn't be much good as a tank when people could just shoot right through him.) Or, and I know everyone other class would get pissed off about it, but have the Sith Inquisitor absorb him (remember how we learned to do that?) and have him just whisper little bits of advice throughout the story. A good angel on your shoulder to Valkorion's devil on the other.

• 1 month later...
This is about making a good story, screw game mechanics, other classes whining about why they can't do it -

Have Marr as a Force Ghost companion, but limit him to healing. (He wouldn't be much good as a tank when people could just shoot right through him.) Or, and I know everyone other class would get pissed off about it, but have the Sith Inquisitor absorb him (remember how we learned to do that?) and have him just whisper little bits of advice throughout the story. A good angel on your shoulder to Valkorion's devil on the other.

I agree! That would make the story so much more intense and worth investing in if that was possible!

I've seen some freaking out on Tumblr about something terrible happening to Darth Marr's Force Ghost or characterization in chapter 12 of KOTFE, but I can't find out what. Does anyone know?

I agree! That would make the story so much more intense and worth investing in if that was possible!

I've seen some freaking out on Tumblr about something terrible happening to Darth Marr's Force Ghost or characterization in chapter 12 of KOTFE, but I can't find out what. Does anyone know?

Unless they want to see me go postal, they'd better not mess with his Force Ghost unless it's to wrench it back into his body so he can come back to us. The idea about the Force Ghost version of Marr was quite good, I'd love to have him talk to me throughout the game.

Unless they want to see me go postal, they'd better not mess with his Force Ghost unless it's to wrench it back into his body so he can come back to us. The idea about the Force Ghost version of Marr was quite good, I'd love to have him talk to me throughout the game.

You tell em sister! -knowing how Bioware does things, starts looking for pitchforks to share with Luna-

Wow, old thread just read through this for the first time and pfffffffff.

I want him back. Ghost or alive, whichever works for the story but I want him back and I want him to be Marr. I came into the game 'late' but starting Chapter 1 I was dead excited to build up influence with him, have him approve or disapprove of my choices and then.. what's the point? He still sits there in my list, same section where HK used to sit but HK came back so.. and I don't necessarily need him back as a companion, as long as he's there with us in some form, some interact able form.

Downside is.. perhaps the guy who voices him is just too busy shooting scenes for OITNB to continue doing much work on Darth Marr.. and I'd rather not see him again than have a different guy voicing him suddenly cos his voice is.. well. Yeah.

It's fine, I'll dream, I'm good at it. :p

Wow, old thread just read through this for the first time and pfffffffff.

I want him back. Ghost or alive, whichever works for the story but I want him back and I want him to be Marr. I came into the game 'late' but starting Chapter 1 I was dead excited to build up influence with him, have him approve or disapprove of my choices and then.. what's the point? He still sits there in my list, same section where HK used to sit but HK came back so.. and I don't necessarily need him back as a companion, as long as he's there with us in some form, some interact able form.

Downside is.. perhaps the guy who voices him is just too busy shooting scenes for OITNB to continue doing much work on Darth Marr.. and I'd rather not see him again than have a different guy voicing him suddenly cos his voice is.. well. Yeah.

It's fine, I'll dream, I'm good at it. :p

Marr and Satele are coming back in chapter 12, sadly it's confirmed that Marr is a ghost...

I really enjoyed working together with Darth Marr, he`s wise and good leader, a one that the Empire needs for survival along with Darth Imperius. If only the Empire had awokened earlier to Malgus`s criticism about not being so tolerant towards other species and pushing the infightning away, there might be a different Empire. Well, the change was already coming during the Rise of Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan but I still would like to see the Empire changing more :)

Marr and Satele are coming back in chapter 12, sadly it's confirmed that Marr is a ghost...

Yes, but...

There was that interesting codex / observation that someone posted on Reddit from Chapter 12 that made it seem like he was more than a ghost.

I've been looking at the dialouge, not the codex entries...

Ahhh!! Well...

As much as I hate to think he's dead, because I found him an interesting character, I believe he is. Still, I'm curious as to what he and Satele will be getting up to.

Ahhh!! Well...

As much as I hate to think he's dead, because I found him an interesting character, I believe he is. Still, I'm curious as to what he and Satele will be getting up to.

Marr: Valkorion destroyed my flesh, but not my reason for being.

Outlander: Revenge is what drives you.

Marr: I have no use for vengeance. My goal remains the same: defend the Empire.

Yes, but...

There was that interesting codex / observation that someone posted on Reddit from Chapter 12 that made it seem like he was more than a ghost.

Any links to these teasers/codex entries/dialogs Code and you mentioned? I'm nosey, if you can't post 'em here PM me? I don't do reddit normally cos I don't understand reddit. Yeah I'm weird.