The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

Very true. I can get sad over movies but games, you enter this new world. And the characters are so good that it feels like, well true friendship. If anyone here has played Mass Effect 3 you know what Im talking about. :p Yeah horrible ending but thats not what Im referring to. Im referring too how close you end up feeling to the characters. Its almost like their real and not just a bunch of 1s and 0s in a machine. Our feelings towards them are real so in a way I guess you can say they are real. Ive seen many referrals to Mass Effect 3 like "You will probably never find such an amazing loyal group of friends ever again in your life". That is very true, and its one reason we hate seeing characters go. Like now with Marr and HK-55.

Sure we didnt interact much with Marr but enough for us too get an opinion of him. If hes really gone for good then he will be deeply missed and The Empire will have lost its greatest fighter. I know like you said Fallensouls its so we can become the leader. But it just feels wrong to me, like Marr is suppose too be here and be the leader.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, because, they do seem really real...you interact, like you say it's almost like real people and you start to feel close to them. I wouldn't have outright admitted that before, because people might think I'm crazy lol. And I am a little bit, *shrug* :D

Yep! Loved that series. I know stories aren't very compelling without conflict, but sometimes I wish I could take my favorite BioWare characters and stick them in bubble wrap to avoid the inevitable suffering, betrayal, and/or death. :)

Also, I managed to snag a Darth Marr statue off the GTN and it looks awesome! I find it interesting that most of the commemorative ally statues feature action poses with weapons drawn, but Marr's is simply standing with arms folded. I can totally imagine Theron Shan posing like 10 different ways for his own statue, while Marr would just cross his arms in silence until the civic artisan wasting his time backed away slowly. :D

I got my Marr statue this week too, and I love it. I can totally imagine the situation as you describe it with the artist. I can see the sculptor saying, 'move your arm just a smidge that way...and put your foot forward.." *cold glare*

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, because, they do seem really real...you interact, like you say it's almost like real people and you start to feel close to them. I wouldn't have outright admitted that before, because people might think I'm crazy lol. And I am a little bit, *shrug* :D

I got my Marr statue this week too, and I love it. I can totally imagine the situation as you describe it with the artist. I can see the sculptor saying, 'move your arm just a smidge that way...and put your foot forward.." *cold glare*

Yeah I know, non gamers probably think were a bit koko for getting so attached to virtual characters in virtual worlds inside a screen. But its kind of our feelings towards them that make them so real. We can grow to hate them (Koth...ugh) we can grow to admire them or even wish they were real. So yeah I get you. :p

Im trying to get a Marr Statue, I checked last week in the GTM and their still really expensive. Im gonna check again, hopefully the prices will have gone down.

And yeah lol Theron can pose in 100 ways Marr will always be like "...what are you doing.." lol.

Does anything happen if you get Marr to 50 on Influence?

Unfortunately no. Some brave soul upthread got him to 50 influence and then played KotFE. I didn't change anything. :(

I've unsubbed from the game due to various reasons, though I still have 20 or so days left. I got Marr on my Agent shortly before. :o

Two Darth Marrs, lol :p: http://i.imgur.com/T5fIWX4.png

I brought Marr along for the Revan solo fight the other day. It was kind of funny having two of them teaming up. Revan didn't stand a chance! :D

Also, sorry to hear you are unsubbing. :( Hopefully you can come back when we get new story chapters in a couple months!

Unfortunately no. Some brave soul upthread got him to 50 influence and then played KotFE. I didn't change anything. :(

I brought Marr along for the Revan solo fight the other day. It was kind of funny having two of them teaming up. Revan didn't stand a chance! :D

Also, sorry to hear you are unsubbing. :( Hopefully you can come back when we get new story chapters in a couple months!

Yeah now it feels kind of a waste. All those credits and gifts for nothing, yiches.

And dang that your unsubscribing just when we hear that in January we will get HK-55. I got an Agent to, I actually recently decided to become a Legendary player. I got 5/8 classes already. Ive already gotten my new Smuggler, Councilor and Agent to around lvl 20 in a couple of days. Kinda shame I didnt game them before, smuggler is cool. Councilor saw Bastila Shan, and my agent has meet Darth Jadus, hes sooo bad *** hehe. :cool:

Edited by AkeroStar

I've unsubbed from the game due to various reasons, though I still have 20 or so days left. I got Marr on my Agent shortly before. :o

Two Darth Marrs, lol :p: http://i.imgur.com/T5fIWX4.png

Oh I get it, because you quit the mission and transported to the fleet.... Thanks for giving me that brief glimp of hope...

Seriously why are there are spoiler warning for this? It was basically 30 minutes at the start of the expansion...

I came across a wiki talk page with the following idea concerning Darth Marr as a force ghost:

"In most every case, those sith who did become true force ghosts (differentiating between those sith whose ghost was tied to an object such as Exar Kun, as well as those seeking other bodies, such as Sidious) were those who were seeking some form of redemption. For example, Ajunta Pall sought to rejoin his master and the light once more, while Marr (for all his faults as a sith) wanted to prevent the Emperor from killing all life in the galaxy. Given this, would it be worth mentioning that his becoming a ghost, which in turn sought to aide the Jedi through Shan, was a rare event due to his dark leanings? Some have also theorized that he was not as "dark" as it seemed, or that his desire to save the galaxy was a redeeming factor allowing him to move into the light."

I love Marr, but I'd rather see him dead and gone than "redeemed" to the light side. How do you guys feel about this?

Marr's goals have always been to strengthen the Empire and so of course he'd be against wiping out all life in the galaxy. But is patriotism inherently a 'good' or light side-leaning quality? Must every Sith be completely selfish and/or psychotic to be truly dark side?

I came across a wiki talk page with the following idea concerning Darth Marr as a force ghost:

"In most every case, those sith who did become true force ghosts (differentiating between those sith whose ghost was tied to an object such as Exar Kun, as well as those seeking other bodies, such as Sidious) were those who were seeking some form of redemption. For example, Ajunta Pall sought to rejoin his master and the light once more, while Marr (for all his faults as a sith) wanted to prevent the Emperor from killing all life in the galaxy. Given this, would it be worth mentioning that his becoming a ghost, which in turn sought to aide the Jedi through Shan, was a rare event due to his dark leanings? Some have also theorized that he was not as "dark" as it seemed, or that his desire to save the galaxy was a redeeming factor allowing him to move into the light."

I love Marr, but I'd rather see him dead and gone than "redeemed" to the light side. How do you guys feel about this?

Marr's goals have always been to strengthen the Empire and so of course he'd be against wiping out all life in the galaxy. But is patriotism inherently a 'good' or light side-leaning quality? Must every Sith be completely selfish and/or psychotic to be truly dark side?

Interesting question, and a great quote you found there. I think of Marr as a Master of the Dark side. He used it's power to further his goals for the empire. He wasn't selfish in the sense that he wanted power for himself. I recall a quote, 'let another take the throne my place is on the battlefield.' I don't think that makes him good or evil, so much as a defined and whole person, who understood what he wanted for himself and what it took to achieve it. I suppose some could say it's an evil thing, because once the empire was strong again, they would no doubt conquer, but I don't see wanting what is best for your people to be a bad thing. I don't see that he needs to be 'redeemed' because he was a good and decent leader to his own. He was fine just as he was. I think you can channel the dark side without being a complete psychopath. They just operate differently from the Jedi.

So now, that HK-55 has become JK-55 :) and his death meant nothing, I want to say I'd rather have Darth Marr at my side than the droid. I'd like a ritual to bring him back. If they're going to cheapen death, then return Darth Marr! I'd like to think it's a step in the direction I was hoping for, that we could save him.

Interesting question, and a great quote you found there. I think of Marr as a Master of the Dark side. He used it's power to further his goals for the empire. He wasn't selfish in the sense that he wanted power for himself. I recall a quote, 'let another take the throne my place is on the battlefield.' I don't think that makes him good or evil, so much as a defined and whole person, who understood what he wanted for himself and what it took to achieve it. I suppose some could say it's an evil thing, because once the empire was strong again, they would no doubt conquer, but I don't see wanting what is best for your people to be a bad thing. I don't see that he needs to be 'redeemed' because he was a good and decent leader to his own. He was fine just as he was. I think you can channel the dark side without being a complete psychopath. They just operate differently from the Jedi.

So now, that HK-55 has become JK-55 :) and his death meant nothing, I want to say I'd rather have Darth Marr at my side than the droid. I'd like a ritual to bring him back. If they're going to cheapen death, then return Darth Marr! I'd like to think it's a step in the direction I was hoping for, that we could save him.

That is very interesting. If you ask me evil is just a point of view. But Star Wars has always been very black and white. There is little gray, unless you count Revan. He was more gray because he was not a Sith or Jedi but both in a way. But no you dont have to be evil or a psychopath to be a sith. Just an example, Anakin became a Sith to save Padmé. Otherwise Anakin was a Jedi and not psychotic in anyway. In my opinion Darth Marr has never been evil. He has always placed the Empire first. Like you said Luna, thats not very evil. But at the same time Marr is no light side person. Marr has a dark side, for example how in Chapter I of FE he likes it when we ram the ship into the Eternal Fleet instead of telling the crew to evacuate. To some thats considered evil, to others its more going down fighting. Darth Marr has some qualities that are less Sith standards. Like how hes willing to work with Satele, thats very open minded of him. Some Sith would rather die then even speak to a Jedi. But in no way is Marr going to be confussed to be a light side ghost now. Anyone that thinks that just because Marr´s ghost is blue that means hes a light side ghost, wrong. The Inquisitors ancestor was a sith and he appeared blue as well, so did all other Sith ghosts in the Inquisitor story.

So yeah Darth Marr is no light side ghost now. A Sith doesnt have to fit all Sith standards and be as evil as anyone can imagine. And Im also 100% onboard with the ceremony or ritual to bring back Darth Marr to life. Again like you said Luna, death has lost its meaning. HK-55 may have been a droid, but he died. If he can come back why not Darth Marr. Id rather have a living Marr then just a hologram and statue of him in my Stronghold. Plus in that announcement last week they said that Chapter X would have some big choices and consequences. I hope thats about Darth Marr coming back.

That is very interesting. If you ask me evil is just a point of view. But Star Wars has always been very black and white. There is little gray, unless you count Revan. He was more gray because he was not a Sith or Jedi but both in a way. But no you dont have to be evil or a psychopath to be a sith. Just an example, Anakin became a Sith to save Padmé. Otherwise Anakin was a Jedi and not psychotic in anyway. In my opinion Darth Marr has never been evil. He has always placed the Empire first. Like you said Luna, thats not very evil. But at the same time Marr is no light side person. Marr has a dark side, for example how in Chapter I of FE he likes it when we ram the ship into the Eternal Fleet instead of telling the crew to evacuate. To some thats considered evil, to others its more going down fighting. Darth Marr has some qualities that are less Sith standards. Like how hes willing to work with Satele, thats very open minded of him. Some Sith would rather die then even speak to a Jedi. But in no way is Marr going to be confussed to be a light side ghost now. Anyone that thinks that just because Marr´s ghost is blue that means hes a light side ghost, wrong. The Inquisitors ancestor was a sith and he appeared blue as well, so did all other Sith ghosts in the Inquisitor story.

So yeah Darth Marr is no light side ghost now. A Sith doesnt have to fit all Sith standards and be as evil as anyone can imagine. And Im also 100% onboard with the ceremony or ritual to bring back Darth Marr to life. Again like you said Luna, death has lost its meaning. HK-55 may have been a droid, but he died. If he can come back why not Darth Marr. Id rather have a living Marr then just a hologram and statue of him in my Stronghold. Plus in that announcement last week they said that Chapter X would have some big choices and consequences. I hope thats about Darth Marr coming back.

I hope that's what it means too. I was kind of disappointed that when Marr became a stronghold decoration, that he was a hologram of a ghost or something. I'd hoped he'd at least be solid and alive looking like the others when we have them unsummoned. I do hope we get our ritual. With my luck the big decision will be whether I get to put a bullet hole through Kaliyo's skull. I already know what my choice would be if that's the case. :D But I digress...maybe we'll get to choose who we'd rather have around, Satele or Marr, in which case, no contest....MARR!! All the way :D

I hope that's what it means too. I was kind of disappointed that when Marr became a stronghold decoration, that he was a hologram of a ghost or something. I'd hoped he'd at least be solid and alive looking like the others when we have them unsummoned. I do hope we get our ritual. With my luck the big decision will be whether I get to put a bullet hole through Kaliyo's skull. I already know what my choice would be if that's the case. :D But I digress...maybe we'll get to choose who we'd rather have around, Satele or Marr, in which case, no contest....MARR!! All the way :D

some dashade like action? darth marr trapped in the shan's body! would be fun haha

Marr would win that easily. He died fighting the Eternal Empire with his last breath. And what has Satele done during our 5 years in carbonite? Hmm, mastering the art of camping it seems. She can rot in the cells of Belsavis for all I care. If it comes to a choice between her and Marr, I wont even hesitate. But it wouldnt suprise me if we get some huge twist like that Satele actually has been helping people fight against Arcann. That might make the choice a bit harder for some. But even if Id have to give up Lana or HK for Marr, I would, in a heartbeat.

Marr is one of my favorite characters and I am sad to see him die. I got him as companion on my mara and I'm advancing the story any on that character. I hope they don't bring him back. Its the number 1 reason I hate Revan. His dead he comes back he dies he comes back.

some dashade like action? darth marr trapped in the shan's body! would be fun haha

Now that is an interesting prospect...Darth Marr's spirit in Theron Shan's body. Hmm...I love both their voices, they're amazing. It'd be more awesome if they could switch back and forth like Khem and Zash do lol. I love the way you think. :p

Now that is an interesting prospect...Darth Marr's spirit in Theron Shan's body. Hmm...I love both their voices, they're amazing. It'd be more awesome if they could switch back and forth like Khem and Zash do lol. I love the way you think. :p

Unfortuneately i think hes meaning -Satele- since they are hanging out camping.

Eww. No thanks! Especially since Zash/Khem kept swapping back and forth...

But still Marr in Sateles body. Blech.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Unfortuneately i think hes meaning -Satele- since they are hanging out camping.

Eww. No thanks! Especially since Zash/Khem kept swapping back and forth...

But still Marr in Sateles body. Blech.

Doesnt matter which Shan, Theron or Satele. Noo thank you. Just...no. Seeing Marr like that, its just wrong. No thank you.

Doesnt matter which Shan, Theron or Satele. Noo thank you. Just...no. Seeing Marr like that, its just wrong. No thank you.

I would prefer Marr back, alive in his own body for the record, but it was a rather amusing thought of enjoying Theron and Marr at the same time :D:eek:

I would prefer Marr back, alive in his own body for the record, but it was a rather amusing thought of enjoying Theron and Marr at the same time :D:eek:

Agreed. I just want Marr back the way he was before we knew the Eternal Empire existed. Now those days are like the good old days. Feels like were in Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 1 & 2 are the good old days.