Retired Schematics

DirtyDiggler

So having recently returned to the game over a month ago, I'm recently getting back into crafting. My launch day toon still had taken Synthweaving and I noticed I can make battlemaster and war hero gear.

I recently learned that you cant get those armor sets in game anymore nor the schematics to craft them.

Are there other armors the same, wondering if I have other sets i can make that are no longer in the game.

Yea I remember coming back from the game and suddenly I couldn't finish my sets. I think they are scattered around, like the models are reused. It is a neat way to distinguish older players, I guess.

I had heard that the schematics for the old gear became BoP, are you able to actually sell the old gear you make?

This has happened to both Synthweaving and to armormech. Sometimes, pieces appear on the GTN. You can filter them there via the search function.

One thing I don't know anyone having done yet is that Campaign gear is still around, but it *might* be craftable as well ... I'm not sure about that, though, because the only thing I noticed is that Campaign gear blasters are craftable. The schematics can be learned from them, but it is so expensive that I haven't thought it to be worth crafting such a blaster. I believe that's why no-one has crafted these blasters so far as well.

At TOR-Fashion you can see all old sets.

I had heard that the schematics for the old gear became BoP, are you able to actually sell the old gear you make?

Yes, it is possible to sell it, a far as I know. I've bought and sold some (I'm able to craft some older sets, too).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 10 months later...

Just recently returned yet again, and was wondering if this still stands true. I notice now they have cartel sets such as the reaver set which was at one time the war hero set for jugs, the schematics still out of the game?

I have not went on my crafting toon since returning wondering if maybe I should get back into crafting battlemaster if its profitable and if the devs have not hijacked my schematics.

I am at work right now so can't look.

Just recently returned yet again, and was wondering if this still stands true. I notice now they have cartel sets such as the reaver set which was at one time the war hero set for jugs, the schematics still out of the game?

I have not went on my crafting toon since returning wondering if maybe I should get back into crafting battlemaster if its profitable and if the devs have not hijacked my schematics.

I am at work right now so can't look.

What you originally asked about still holds true; that certain older schematics are no longer available - if you had them you still have them, but there is no way to acquire them if you do not have them.

The Cartel Market is littered with "reskins" of older gear sets. Furthermore, Alliance crates (rewards for running heroics as level 65 and KotFE Star Fortresses) offer old gear set appearances in the form of Bound to Legacy adaptive custom/orange quality shells. Battlemaster gear MIGHT be included in those offerings.

In my experience, players tend to like acquiring equipment when it is rare, so crafting for profit might be an option.

What you originally asked about still holds true; that certain older schematics are no longer available - if you had them you still have them, but there is no way to acquire them if you do not have them.

The Cartel Market is littered with "reskins" of older gear sets. Furthermore, Alliance crates (rewards for running heroics as level 65 and KotFE Star Fortresses) offer old gear set appearances in the form of Bound to Legacy adaptive custom/orange quality shells. Battlemaster gear MIGHT be included in those offerings.

In my experience, players tend to like acquiring equipment when it is rare, so crafting for profit might be an option.

Battlemaster doesnt come with the alliance crates. What does come from the alliance crates are the dreadguard, arkanian, underworld, yavin, and resurrected armor sets. I have no idea why they excluded Dread Forged and the Revanite armors, possibly they are going to do to them what they did to the old rakata and war hero armors and make a version of them craftable but at higher levels

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.