New Classes!

Raithsaw

I've been playing since launch and I have to say that the 8 different stories are great but I think the game is at the point the two new classes, one per side, are needed. Maybe an Imperial trooper or a republic SIS agent. You guys could also go with a new Jedi/Sith class.

Search is your friend.. this -exact- idea has been posted, many many many times...

Now that thats out of the way:

Still trying to figure out why people keep thinking they will add in more classes when they are doing everything possible to make classes have no meaning in game.

KOTFE is the biggest flashing neon sign, "There are no classes, only the Outlander."

Its blatantly obvious they dont want to do extra work to make classes have anything extra, why do people think they would add even -more- classes to not want to have to make stuff for? :rak_02: :rak_02: :rak_02:

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I support new classes, but yes, it would be very easy to search for this subject and find an existing thread already trolled by the no new classes hater squad.

realistic != trolling

disagree with you != trolling

calling people trolls...

the best you will probably get is new AC which is a reasonable request.

expecting them to add in 4 new main VA, 20 new companion VA, plus all the other VA for story quests and companion story quests is unrealistic and imo not necessary.

IF they were going to do more classes, they would have done them shortly after launch. who knows had game not gone ftp, maybe they would have.

the best you will probably get is new AC which is a reasonable request.

expecting them to add in 4 new main VA, 20 new companion VA, plus all the other VA for story quests and companion story quests is unrealistic and imo not necessary.

IF they were going to do more classes, they would have done them shortly after launch. who knows had game not gone ftp, maybe they would have.

This. I dont "hate new classes", just... irritated by rampant repeated and -exactly the same- unrealistic expectations. -SOME- of the reasons as to why they are unrealistic are nicely outlined in Dohs above quoted post. Other reasons as to why they are unrealistic are in my original post.

Bioware is cutting dow/streamlining everything they possibly can with KOTFE, expecting them to -want- to come up with, code, design, and implement, set stories for, come up with companions for, hire voice actors for, -more- classes when they are trying to get as far awsy from class stuff as they can screams of people who enjoy smacking their heads into brick walls...

They dont even want to do separate -faction- stuff let alone class stuff...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This. I dont "hate new classes", just... irritated by rampant repeated and -exactly the same- unrealistic expectations. Reasons as to why they are unrealistic are nicely outlined in Dohs above quoted post.

Neither of you are the authority on this issue you obviously think you are, adding classes to a mmo with or without voice acting is a perfectly legitimate thing for players to wish for. Furthermore, suggestions aren't expectations as you claim, and if these suggestions irritate you try not opening the thread next time, you wont get irritated and the posters of the suggestions wont have to be irritated by you, both of you can win!

I still agree that any new comment on this subject could have been added to a thread we've already hashed this out in.

Edited by Monumenta

Search please over 40 threads from page 1-500 on new classes lol

But 100 percent agree to more classes and it is possible just need to put the work in.

Why don't you get right on that, then?

There will never be new base classes in this game. Maybe new ACs. Maybe new "prestige classes" that start post-60. Maybe.

In any event, most new class suggestions are just random mish-mashes of existing class skills and abilities (e.g., a Trooper-like class, but it's totally different because it uses a tech blade), often OP as well.

Neither of you are the authority on this issue you obviously think you are, adding classes to a mmo with or without voice acting is a perfectly legitimate thing for players to wish for. Furthermore, suggestions aren't expectations as you claim, and if these suggestions irritate you try not opening the thread next time, you wont get irritated and the posters of the suggestions wont have to be irritated by you, both of you can win!

I still agree that any new comment on this subject could have been added to a thread we've already hashed this out in.

if I keep opening new threads suggesting bioware to give me $1 million and people come in here and say bioware will never give you $1million will you come in here and tell those people they are not authorities and I have every right to "request" $1 million?

no, do you REALLY think no one on these forums would complain even remotely if they added a new class and had ZERO class story to play through? Do you think anyone would actually play that class if they had to level 1-60 with zero story and zero VA? Since there is no VAs hired, every flashpiont, every post story cutscene your chars lips move but nothing comes out (you might see words on screen to read if enabled dialogue). How fun would that be?

since there is no "story" you have no way to gain companions, no way to gain influence, no way to interact with companions at all. From now until end of game your char has nothing.....yeah thats what everyone wants when they play SWTOR and are asking for "more story"

we don't have authority, but we do have common sense, the time for new classes has come and passed a long time ago. Would i like one, sure, i just don't think it will ever happen and gave up "wishing on stars" when i was 5

I've been playing since launch and I have to say that the 8 different stories are great but I think the game is at the point the two new classes, one per side, are needed. Maybe an Imperial trooper or a republic SIS agent. You guys could also go with a new Jedi/Sith class.

You are getting a new class. You are the OUTLANDER. :rolleyes:

if I keep opening new threads suggesting bioware to give me $1 million and people come in here and say bioware will never give you $1million will you come in here and tell those people they are not authorities and I have every right to "request" $1 million?

no, do you REALLY think no one on these forums would complain even remotely if they added a new class and had ZERO class story to play through? Do you think anyone would actually play that class if they had to level 1-60 with zero story and zero VA? Since there is no VAs hired, every flashpiont, every post story cutscene your chars lips move but nothing comes out (you might see words on screen to read if enabled dialogue). How fun would that be?

since there is no "story" you have no way to gain companions, no way to gain influence, no way to interact with companions at all. From now until end of game your char has nothing.....yeah thats what everyone wants when they play SWTOR and are asking for "more story"

we don't have authority, but we do have common sense, the time for new classes has come and passed a long time ago. Would i like one, sure, i just don't think it will ever happen and gave up "wishing on stars" when i was 5

Its not about you, what you think, or where your common sense leads you, these people can suggest anything they like. Do you think your head will explode if you don't comment on it?

You are getting a new class. You are the OUTLANDER. :rolleyes:

Honest curiosity, but why do people keep saying this? Bioware has never said this. "The Outlander" is just a story title for the NPCs to call your character in the KOTFE storyline, basically like "Cipher 9" or "Emperor's Wrath". If you can fine the source for this, feel free to show me.

As far I can tell, the classes aren't changing, e.g. you'll still mechanically be a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior or whichever class your character is.

Honest curiosity, but why do people keep saying this? Bioware has never said this. "The Outlander" is just a story title for the NPCs to call your character in the KOTFE storyline, basically like "Cipher 9" or "Emperor's Wrath". If you can fine the source for this, feel free to show me.

As far I can tell, the classes aren't changing, e.g. you'll still mechanically be a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior or whichever class your character is.

Thought the eye roll and all caps would help the sarcasm come out better. My apologies.

I support new classes, but yes, it would be very easy to search for this subject and find an existing thread already trolled by the no new classes hater squad.

I totally agree, If the requests are high then maybe eventually Bioware will pay attention to their players wants. Of course allot of times this is after the fact like Mass Effect 3's ending, but still the more outcry for something there is the more they need to pay attention to it if they want to keep players that is.

I'd rather getting new classes not have to come down to the threat of player loss.

Imperial Soldier and Republic Spy were classes I'd thought about before, being something I'd love to see added. However, the work that would need to go into something like that would probably be equal to a whole expansion. BioWare would need more than a good enough reason to allocate time and resources to it. That's the tricky part, but one I'd love to see accomplished.

As a writer, it can be hard not to come up with stuff sometimes. I'd actually written down notes about how the classes and advanced classes could be set up, and even class stories. That's all stuff that can never be used even if they do make classes like that, in fact they'd probably be obligated to specifically make things different if I posted any of it.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Everytime someone says 'you're the outlander' I feel like I should be wearing a kilt. Or tartans. That's it, I demand tartan armor.

I would love new classes, but it does seem they're moving away from that...unfortunately. But maybe with this new set up we'll get to do other interesting things, like switch factions. :D We can actually fall to the dark side, or get redeemed. That could be cool. :D

It's ALSO part of the Forum Guidelines to use the Search feature before posting a new thread, though we know no-one ever does that, nor should they be expected to.

Now, even though I'd love to see new classes, I highly doubt it will ever happen. Sure, there are a lot of options they could do for a new class, though the 4 current classes already cover the majority of 'adventuring' character types from the various SW Universe. Before anyone bashes me for just saying 4 classes, we all know the only differences between the Republic and Imperial versions of the classes are as follows: Story, Ability Animations, and Faction. There is nothing else that makes them unique.

Thought the eye roll and all caps would help the sarcasm come out better. My apologies.

I got it, but sadly, not every has the ability to understand sarcasm through the internet. It was a nice one though, so I applaud you :p

Edited by StarkillerVB

Well, search or not, this thread is on the front page so it is the one I will respond to.

No new classes. We have plenty.

I'd rather have new content to bring my already existing characters through than have the dev team focusing on a new class to drag through the already existing content that we have seen 22 times per server already.