Chapter 3 onwards

Darth_Plageus

Hey guys and girls, just got a wee question I hope you can help me with. My girlfriend and myself have recently started playing again and we are trying to get a few classes to 50 before the new expansion hits. When it's available we plan to continue leveling them through makeb and shadow of revan content following the story path right into the new expansion.

Will the new expansion impact us negatively when it hits, as in will certain choices be unavailable or already made heading into the makeb storyline onwards?. Would we be better off focusing on our main characters each which we did class stories and side quests for whatever reason?.

Hope this makes sense :).

Nothing, and I mean nothing will change with regards to content before you ENTER KOTFE content. However, once you enter KOTFE content you will LOSE ALL PREVIOUS MISSIONS. They never mentioned dailies, but I doubt that will change though. Guaranteed ALL STORY MISSIONS LABELED CLASS WILL BE GONE. Planet story missions, not so sure, but I believe they will be gone as well. Planet heroics, probably will stay because like dailies those are repeatable daily content and not directly connect to class and planet story missions.

Nothing, and I mean nothing will change with regards to content before you ENTER KOTFE content. However, once you enter KOTFE content you will LOSE ALL PREVIOUS MISSIONS. They never mentioned dailies, but I doubt that will change though. Guaranteed ALL STORY MISSIONS LABELED CLASS WILL BE GONE. Planet story missions, not so sure, but I believe they will be gone as well. Planet heroics, probably will stay because like dailies those are repeatable daily content and not directly connect to class and planet story missions.

Which is why the OP is correct to complete all the current content before he takes the red pill and falls down the KOTFE rabbit hole. I plan to do the same.

Hey guys and girls, just got a wee question I hope you can help me with. My girlfriend and myself have recently started playing again and we are trying to get a few classes to 50 before the new expansion hits. When it's available we plan to continue leveling them through makeb and shadow of revan content following the story path right into the new expansion.

Will the new expansion impact us negatively when it hits, as in will certain choices be unavailable or already made heading into the makeb storyline onwards?. Would we be better off focusing on our main characters each which we did class stories and side quests for whatever reason?.

4.0 is a continuation of outcome of SoR and will not impact anything that has or is happening now. you'll have full access to makeb and everything in SoR upto the point where you actually start KotFE, so it is uncertain what that will do once you actually start the story (chapters 1-3) and if you'll still have access to rishi/yavin daily areas for instance. As an example if you finish Ziost quest area, you lose access to the previous ziost side quests, but gain access to new daily areas.

That's good to know, I don't want to feel like i need to rush other classes, my aim in to get them all to 50 before expansion hits and then take my favourites through makeb onwards.

Correction on my post. It should have said "would not". As others have stated, all the early content is remaining. You will want to finish the early content prior to going into KotFE.

4.0 is a continuation of outcome of SoR and will not impact anything that has or is happening now. you'll have full access to makeb and everything in SoR upto the point where you actually start KotFE, so it is uncertain what that will do once you actually start the story (chapters 1-3) and if you'll still have access to rishi/yavin daily areas for instance. As an example if you finish Ziost quest area, you lose access to the previous ziost side quests, but gain access to new daily areas.

I saw a quote that said (now it has not been cleared up if only for fresh 60's) if you make a level 60 at least the class stuff is locked...

If you create a shiny new level 60 character for Knights of the Fallen Empire, you won't be able to take that character back to the regular Old Republic game and play the class story.

Now while it don't state if this is for all toons that start KotFE or what is not locked out.

ooh you have a girlfriend.. oooooooh

Edited by SaerethDL

I saw a quote that said (now it has not been cleared up if only for fresh 60's) if you make a level 60 at least the class stuff is locked...

If you create a shiny new level 60 character for Knights of the Fallen Empire, you won't be able to take that character back to the regular Old Republic game and play the class story.

Now while it don't state if this is for all toons that start KotFE or what is not locked out.

well if you make a fresh 60 its essentially saying you've completed class story so going back and doing class story wouldn't make much sense.

If you wanted to do class story, why would you make a fresh 60.

both are contradictory so makes perfect sense either way.

well if you make a fresh 60 its essentially saying you've completed class story so going back and doing class story wouldn't make much sense.

If you wanted to do class story, why would you make a fresh 60.

both are contradictory so makes perfect sense either way.

Because so many questions are left unanswered...does making a fresh 60 unlock the buff? Do I get high level crew skills (or are they going away)...what will the gear be?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.