Any female gamers out there?

gonoszbohoc

Well my girlfriend plays, you wont see her in pvp or ops though :p

She tends to be part of our little group consisting of a few RL friends, my brother and the two of us, we do flashpoints and stuff, level teams of characters together and such.

I do not know of any other female gamers in SWTOR though actually, maybe this game is less attractive to them, maybe the community :p (on my server chat channels can be rather harsh at times)

Other games we played such as guildwars 2, everquest 1+2 seem to have more female gamers

I could name 10 or 20 female gamers I play with often from the server straight off the top of my head, I think my friends list is probably 50/50 split really. Most of my previous/current guildmasters are gamergirls, I don't think they actively like to advertise that they are chicks though as you can imagine the unwanted attention. I mean, I got a a lot of attention from one particular dude on my operative coz she's a girl toon, aww I miss that guy telling me I'm pretty every time I login :(

It's just hit me that i haven't met any female gamers on this server yet. Previously on ToFN an TP i knew some but not here. Where are you girls hiding? :D

There are plenty of us in-game actually. You've probably met several women in-game and not realised it because:

a) Nobody tells their group mates/random strangers on the fleet that they are male/female/other; it doesn't really come up in conversation :)

b) We look and behave the same as any other gamer in-game.

If you are ever in a HM/NM pug group with me and I hop onto teamspeak with you, you'd possibly notice it then though :D

As to actual numbers, it's hard to say really. In my guild we happen to have several women who are also on TS a fair bit as they are raiders; sometimes I'll be the only one in my raid and at other times half the raid will be female. We've also got a number of men and women in our guild who don't raid at all and are rarely on teamspeak so it is difficult to generalise. I don't monitor our demographics; just try and create an atmosphere where everyone is welcome and comfortable :)

Is it still that bad in 2015? Id imagine girl gamers would be a very common thing by now

And they are.

Also, since gender is completely irrelevant for the purposes of gaming, and since the OP has no way of determining any physical characteristics of other players, this can only be a troll thread. Please disregard.

• 1 month later...
Is it still that bad in 2015? Id imagine girl gamers would be a very common thing by now

"I have yet, to meet a challenge i cant conquer."

Except the capitalized "i".. Muahahaha

Edit: And "can't".

Edited by Etzaell