Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Quest rewards : Are you kidding me???

Burzum_

Ok I will be as vague as possible to avoid quest spoilers.

On the republic side. I chose to let an ancient evil keep on corrupting a planet's core until it destroys it. In return it promises me an ancient weapon of lost technology and immense power and that's why i make the choice. Like all of you reading this, what you expect is one thing: upgradable or epic weapon right?

So I do this, the planet now hates me and kicks me out. To get the ancient powerful weapon i must travel to a different planet I haven't been to before and explore it (no taxis)

After 30min travel dodging high level mobs I finally find the ancient lost crypt and what is inside you ask? GREEN GLOVES OR COMMENDATION

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do you (BW) not realize how wrong this is?

It's like the quest writers and reward items devs never met!

Also why even bother putting descisions if the rewards are going to be the same either way?

Keep entire shipment of weapons to sell for yourself: reward 1500cr

Give shipment to republic: They thank you and give you 1500cr

SERIOUSLY? I notice these things everywhere and they piss me off to no end!

So, quest rewards have to be seriously looked at and start making sense. It's a pity the way it is now and ruins the experience.

PS. Also what the hell where you thinking giving powerful gear to high tier LS/DS? So you spend years making 1000 quests with meaningfull choices and then force ppl to make the same choice always or get no gear? WTH?

Edited by Burzum_

How game changing is an on level upgradable item or a below 50lvl purple? We find those on random drops.

And what's the point of any choice if you end up with the same reward. What i expected is what the game TOLD me to expect in the dialogue scene.

I agree with TC, I remmber one time in beta somebody promised huge wealth, and in the end I got something like 200 cedits. I got 3 times more selling stuff i picked up in the meantime.

But that is IMO with most RPG, devs need to be more carefull when deciding about prices and cost of things.

this is all to prevent min/maxing of the story.

if that mission actually rewarding you an epic or something for taking the option you did, then that is a clear imbalance. one option is clearly better than the other. now imagine that other missions had outcomes like that.

soon you would start seeing strategy guides of the "best way" to complete your stroy, and DS/LS would cease to be a choice of preference, and one option would become superior, killing player choice.

You were the one person in the position at the right time to stop the ancient evil.

And you are angry because the ancient evil lied to you to preserve itself?

I know it's an MMO and promised rewards should be obtained but:

HAHAHAHAHA....

They just never learn do they. To trust an ancient evil ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.