Low population servers

Tifonds

/5char

Just go to harbringer now and tell me what it says..

flagship is problem.. If BW pay me value of flagship i will transfer..

but transfering to other servers is kind of merging servers isnt it.. they just want us spend some more Money for new guild strongholds stuff and flagships

You've transferred already, seems you need to make new friends or transfer back & deal with no pops but with friends.

Or talk your guild into transferring. What guild are you in that won't transfer over anyway? Most have left server, but the few die hard PvP ones.

Well you sure are making this unneccessariy complicated.

Im not saying I cant make friends. I'm saying, I dont want to. I dont play this game enough to have time for multiple people in multiple guilds on multiple servers. I'm looking to log on, have a good time with people I've played with for years (even if not in the fame raid, but atleast in same /g) during the time I AM online. Atm its not possible on dead server. And theres no communicating with them on more populated one. Its one of the other. So, pretty sucky.

Bioware needs to do something about unpopulated servers asap. Please stop pointing at the CC transfer, they need to address this.

First of all, I am customer and I can complain if I pay for something I dont like and it could be fixed..

Second.. There is no server that have high population, so all servers are more or less Dead..

Yes you can complain all you want, doesn't mean they will listen, they care, or that it has merit. Now granted this subject does have merit, they have listened to an extent, and they have answered to an extent.

It's just not an answer you want to accept.

They gave 12xp boost & then dropped transferring down to 90ccs. You don't want to use either of those options that's perfectly fine & in your right as a paying customer, but doesn't mean BW will answer anymore about the guild transferring. They've already stated recently that they're working on GM transferring options.

You're completely incorrect there. Harbinger is heavy often, and has wait times to get in. That is a full server.

There are other that are standard, that's a decent server. Not dead.

Light servers are pretty much dead seeing as they are mainly the PvP ones.

BW can let guild leaders to move sh and fs to new servers and not just toons,and we will solve this problem for them..

Again they are working on it. Along with all the other million things they're doing, give them a break on this one. It's frustrating, annoying but nothing you can do about it.

Threatening to quit does not hurry them along anymore. lol

Every1 have right to choose.. So no need for some smart people wannabe telling others what to do and with it loose everything we paid for..

We aren't telling you what to do, only giving options. You don't like it, want to sit & whine on the forums, but do nothing in game. So be it. It's. All. On. You.

Logged in at the moment so can't tell you, but in a bit it will be Heavy. Need I say more. :rolleyes:

I support free transfers off of any server they decide to close, and a more robust transfer system that would allow guilds/ships/banks to be moved with the Guild Leader. I don't support server mergers. They aren't needed, and people who are happy with their server shouldn't have to risk being dicked around with their guild/character names because a very small part of the player base isn't happy with their server.

This.

Plus, merges aren't fair to existing characters. Why should I have to rename, because my server went into your server? Bah! :p

And very very much this. Why should i have to potentially lose the names of 20 characters just so the op can get faster que pops?

First of all, I am customer and I can complain if I pay for something I dont like and it could be fixed..

Second.. There is no server that have high population, so all servers are more or less Dead..

Ok.. transfers are free for toons, but i have all strongholds, have guildship that i spent around 50 million on it and transfer cost me far more then 90 cc..

BW can let guild leaders to move sh and fs to new servers and not just toons,and we will solve this problem for them..

So it simple, I said what group of people that are subs think as stakeholders in this game, and if there will be no change, we will leave.. No 1 will cry for us but I think that there is far more ppl who will leave and I just tried to warn BW...

Every1 have right to choose.. So no need for some smart people wannabe telling others what to do and with it loose everything we paid for..

You do realize that on high pop servers making credits is a lot easier. I made over 10 million in 4 days. I will probably make around 15-20 million this week.

Ok, then stay on that server.

flagship is problem.. If BW pay me value of flagship i will transfer..

but transfering to other servers is kind of merging servers isnt it.. they just want us spend some more Money for new guild strongholds stuff and flagships

BW isn't paying you nothing. If they do, then every other player that lost their SH will want a refund. So, either forget about your current SH and transfer or stay on that server.

Well you sure are making this unneccessariy complicated.

Im not saying I cant make friends. I'm saying, I dont want to. I dont play this game enough to have time for multiple people in multiple guilds on multiple servers. I'm looking to log on, have a good time with people I've played with for years (even if not in the fame raid, but atleast in same /g) during the time I AM online. Atm its not possible on dead server. And theres no communicating with them on more populated one. Its one of the other. So, pretty sucky.

Bioware needs to do something about unpopulated servers asap. Please stop pointing at the CC transfer, they need to address this.

BW will not address this issue any time soon. You can complain all they want, but BW has their own schedule and priorities. Obviously, low pop servers are not a priority to them. Every mmorpg has low pop servers. What you want is your cake and eat it too. Unfortunately, you can't always have the best of both worlds. Either stay on your current server with the benefits and disadvantages or transfer off.

Edited by Knockerz

Knockers, here's the thing, the players aka customers are what keeps a game going, blatantly disregarding the customer (the one's who PAY bioware's salaries) is poor business strategy and will only negatively effect their customer base. And no, 90cc is not a free transfer, it still costs, whether its a penny or $100, a charge is still a charge, especailly when its something that BW knows is an issue. I've paid for transfers, and I still think its bull. subscribers shell out $15+ a month for a game theyve already paid for, and BW response to unsatisfied customers is to pay more? That's total garbage, you know it and I know it. I love this game, but it's customer service/management is crap.

BW will not address this issue any time soon. You can complain all they want, but BW has their own schedule and priorities. Obviously, low pop servers are not a priority to them. Every mmorpg has low pop servers. What you want is your cake and eat it too. Unfortunately, you can't always have the best of both worlds. Either stay on your current server with the benefits and disadvantages or transfer off.

Yes thats exactly what i will do. People have been complaining about it for forever, and continue to do it till this day. And we wont stop complaining till they admit they put us in poopy position. We can have best of both, if they'd give a damn.

This is how changes are made. By rising issues on the table over and over till they are adressed. They WERE adressed a year ago last time, by saying they're "working" on it. So much work was done people are here complaining again. sigh.

Either stay on your current server with the benefits and disadvantages or transfer off.

Amazingly ignorant comment.

People saying quit crying and pay to transfer it's only 90cc need to understand. If the servers are dead and that is BW's way of fixing the problem that is unaccepctable. If they are dead and they know they are dead they need to truly fix the problem not sweep it under the rug and profit from lying to us. In my opinion they need to just figure out how to implement cross server queues, who knows maybe with the expansion we will get just that. Here's hoping.

You're talking about people who did transfer, and at least I and the ones I know personally ITT didn't want to and think BW should step up. I'm playing on SL now, meanwhile my guildies are all on Harb which gives me too much latency. Some **** sucks but it's this or unsub.

But it's basically a "get real" issue. BW are lazy and crappy about communication with this problem. So the only options for the foreseeable future are to keep playing on dead servers or use self-initiative to reroll or move.

Side note for other posters: Your special snowflake names have 0 importance compared to other people getting little to no group content. I couldn't care less about your names or mine if it means people get the basic MMO value that they're paying for.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Side note for other posters: Your special snowflake names have 0 importance compared to other people getting little to no group content. I couldn't care less about your names or mine if it means people get the basic MMO value that they're paying for.

It's up to them if they get their "basic MMO value." They can always stop playing if they think they are not getting it.

• 3 weeks later...
Transfer to a more populated server. Why do you think BW has the 90cc to transfer? If you don't want to lose your SH, tough. If you don't want to lose your name, tough. Otherwise, stop complaining on forum about your low populated server. BW is practically giving away free transfers.

What a constructive, generic response to an actually legitimate concern. You know, the whole, "Stop QQ'ing, s-t-f-u or g-t-f-o, lol, be tough, lol, just deal with it! Because this logic does not enable BW to persist with ****** improvements to the game!". A server merge would be wise, not, "oh let's just leave and keep up a vicious cycle of nomadic server hopping to fill the void!". But an a relatively related note, man, as a returning sub to this game, it's so disheartening to have just ONE PvP server, which is also lightly populated. Damn...have things gotten so bad? Just would love for the game to be moderately populated again.

Edited by Pysces

Dear Swtor team,

my suggestion is that you should merge servers to megaservers, so you will avoid lots of boring servers with low population and medium population and have dinamic srvers with high pop. I had discussion with 20-30 ppl that are subs and are loosing willingness to play because of it.

To be honest, i have kept my subscriber status only because i hope that there will be more ppl when expansion comes. I am currently playing other mmorpg because of it, even its story and gameplay are not good as in swtor, and hope that low pop problem will be solved. When i started to play this game, there was hundreds of ppl on stations, and now there are 20-50. That kills random operation, trading, ranked pvp, flashpoints, Starfighter, so basically all besides main story. Even guilds are smaller and if u are in guild it is difficult to find groups. Waiting for ranked pvp or gsf is endless, non-planed operations are impossible. Trading is hard as population that buy stuff is low. So you lost what is important for mmorpg, and that is massive number of ppl.

That was my suggestion, i am waiting as sub till expansion, and in short time period it will rise number of ppl, but in month or 2, but long time period you should merge servers to keep subs like me and 10-20 more to continue play this game. No matter how good story it is, if there are not enough ppl number of subs will fall.

CLEARLY you have never played on Harbinger :(

THAT one needs to be SPLIT!!!! NOT Merged.... it is ALWAYS super-populated and the other servers sorta suffer because of it. We need a split back to the old APAC / Harbinger type thing we had before 3.0.

So yeah move some of Harbinger players over to other servers .... just don't move me with it (let us choose where to stay "homed" at)

ANOTHER problem that server splits (and maybe, mergers too) might affect is the GUILD system :-\

Not everyone may prefer to be moved over to some other server.

We should let GUILDS (via vote) or players decide whether to stay on 1 server or get moved.

Players can either vote with their guild, or vote independently, knowing that they could lose their guild if their votes differ.

Edited by lightningseven