The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Requsting Ep. I-VI movie-styled hilts and force-user robes

Demonicterran

As mentioned, I am requesting lightsaber hilts that are styled and scaled according to the ones in the first six movies, keeping the same elegance. Not like the few current ones that are dull, ugly and unscaled compared to the movies. When it comes to scale, the hilt that Revan is using in the Foundry instance is movie-styled. Examples are every Jedi and Sith's scale and elegance to take in to mind, without ugly "bling" features; simply plain and simple exactly as in the movies.

Also, there is also a lack of traditional Jedi and Dark Jedi robes as seen in Knights of the Old Republic II, the same as in the movies. Since this was set ~300 years ago before the current Old Republic and Sith Empire era there should not be any story or era issues.

People are just mean.

But bioware's silence about the topic is awful. :[ There is a big demand for the iconic Jedi robes and no lore / setting issue whatsoever.

I'm trying to make a Revenge of the Sith themed Anakin look and I've found that the Dark Initiate's Robe looks more like his when it's dyed Black/Deep Brown. But yeah like you mentioned they could work because it isn't canon so us having the robes from that time period would work nicely.

I'm trying to make a Revenge of the Sith themed Anakin look and I've found that the Dark Initiate's Robe looks more like his when it's dyed Black/Deep Brown. But yeah like you mentioned they could work because it isn't canon so us having the robes from that time period would work nicely.

It's not even about SWTOR being not canon anymore. Time period isn't an issue, licensing might be but I just don't believe it. We keep getting loads of outfits of characters who are dead for centuries with skimpy outfits on top of it. How are the iconic Jedi robes, which were present in KotOR 2 and tie-in material for SWTOR, make for an unreasonable request? :/

It's not even about SWTOR being not canon anymore. Time period isn't an issue, licensing might be but I just don't believe it. We keep getting loads of outfits of characters who are dead for centuries with skimpy outfits on top of it. How are the iconic Jedi robes, which were present in KotOR 2 and tie-in material for SWTOR, make for an unreasonable request? :/

I don't know but it would be nice if they could let us know if they are even an idea that might exist in the cartel market. And yeah whenever someone brings up the time period issue I always bring up the slave leia outfit.

Edited by Mathiasstewart

Empire sure seems to get a ton of themed styles.

Tulak Hord's helmet is - I think - what comes Darth Vader's helmet closest.

The "good side" never gets these things in SWTOR. There is not a single piece of "good side" armor ... not even echoing the movies.

And there are no Moisture Farmer robes there as well. Not really. Not like the movies - and not at all moddable.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

What's wrong with us wanting robes that have more of a prequel/original trilogy look?

If you follow the timeline, then in strict chronology terms it's a bit like setting a game in the Middle Kingdom period of ancient Egypt, around 1200-1500 BC, say, and then people asking to be able to wear jeans and T-shirt in-game because they've seen some people in modern Egypt wearing them.

But, equally, there wouldn't be any twenty thousand year old droids running around some equivalent of Kaleth either, maybe just late-model stone tools...

All that is why I don't give the notional timeline much credence.

If you follow the timeline, then in strict chronology terms it's a bit like setting a game in the Middle Kingdom period of ancient Egypt, around 1200-1500 BC, say, and then people asking to be able to wear jeans and T-shirt in-game because they've seen some people in modern Egypt wearing them.

Your information is just false. Idk why so many go ahead with this "few thousand years away" argument. If you follow the timeline (heck, even watch timeline videos for more pictorial evidence) you'll see that the iconic Jedi robes were present BEFORE SWTOR's setting and even during the Great Galactic War. It's just this kind of an outfit which became traditional and was worn by generations of Jedi. A better analogy would be medieval monk in his brown robe and the modern monk who are STILL wearing brown robes.

The "good side" never gets these things in SWTOR. There is not a single piece of "good side" armor ... not even echoing the movies.

I can name two sets which echo Obi-Wan's clone wars armor. Luke had his outfit just copy-pasted into SWTOR. Temple Guardian set was heavily inspired by the clone wars.

There is enough Jedi armor in this game imo. Enough of it isn't half-bad. I just need the robes to complete the variety.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Your information is just false. Idk why so many go ahead with this "few thousand years away" argument. If you follow the timeline (heck, even watch timeline videos for more pictorial evidence) you'll see that the iconic Jedi robes were present BEFORE SWTOR's setting and even during the Great Galactic War.

Mostly, I expect, because:

* Not everyone is that nerdy a fan of Star Wars.

* Nobody who asks for it ever asks for "the robes like they had in the TOR-era stories" (or in "all the stories"). They always ask for "robes like they had in the films".

And there's an argument you can make (based loosely on something someone said elsewhere on these forums) that all the other Jedi who wear robes wear robes like that because that's the sort of robes Ben Kenobi wore on Tatooine, so that's what everyone in the character design groups thought that *Jedi* wear. The idea introduced on the forum post I saw was that in fact robes like that are what *hermits* wear, and the only concession to Jedi-ness is carrying a light sabre.

As of now, the only armor set that really looks like the iconic Jedi Robes would be Relnex's Armor Set. I'm behind adding more (though lets be honest, there isn't much variety aside from color, and we've got Dye Modules for that), so perhaps add the robes from Kotor II and call them the Jedi Exile's Armor Set, and maybe something along the lines of this. What I like about the second set I proposed it's that it has the combat feel to a Jedi, like what Obi-Wan wore in Episode III when he dueled Anakin in Mustafar. Though I'm against adding anything from the movies or television series in this game, the style itself does exist in the Old Republic Era, and I feel we need more of the iconic look for the Jedi.

Hell, I'd even be all for an outfit similar to Darth Maul's and Count Dooku's so the Sith have some representation for their iconic looks as well.

Totally agree with the guy above me. He gets it.

Also while I desire iconic Jedi robes I wouldn't say no to some more Jedi order themed designs.

There aren't that many Jedi themed items in CM (that aren't vanilla reskins) as there are for Sith or even Bounty Hunters who get something pretty much every month.

So, please, Bioware. Think of us Jedi Knights. I beg you =[

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Totally agree with the guy above me. He gets it.

Also while I desire iconic Jedi robes I wouldn't say no to some more Jedi order themed designs.

There aren't that many Jedi themed items in CM (that aren't vanilla reskins) as there are for Sith or even Bounty Hunters who get something pretty much every month.

So, please, Bioware. Think of us Jedi Knights. I beg you =[

As has been noted previously, there are several outfits already available that most would find fit the bill of "iconic Jedi robes", but you have found some minor flaw in EVERY SINGLE ONE because they are not EXACTLY what you want and so they are not "iconic Jedi robes" in your eyes.

To name just a couple:

http://tor-fashion.com/relnex/

http://tor-fashion.com/atris/

Edited by Ratajack