The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Boba Fett the only competent Bounty Hunter in SW?

Reeny

Any other decent bounty hunters in sequel/prequel who are competent?

a guy who got knocked into the sarlac by a blind man well he had a jet pack is idea of competent? because if so i think anyone jarjar and up on intelligence pass's your standard.

Edited by Jrr_hypernova

IG-88B, Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss & 4-LOM, Cad Bane, Calo Nord, Kar Yang. Just to name a few that are competent/good bounty hunters.

You could also throw in the Bounty Hunters Guild as a whole, as they are all professional Hunters and are deemed the best of the best of professional Hunters and their standards for joining are high. Given some exceptions, but even still.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How about

no

ok I'll bite, what has boba fett actually ACHOMPLISHED that marks him out as awesome?

and contrast that with what Cad Bane has achomplished.

Bane has, ON SCREEN, fought Jedi multiple times, (including breaking into their temple) and captured numerous bounties on screen.

If we judge purely on Disney Canon, Cad Bane actually seems to have a better record then Fett

ok I'll bite, what has boba fett actually ACHOMPLISHED that marks him out as awesome?

Bane has, ON SCREEN, fought Jedi multiple times, (including breaking into their temple) and captured numerous bounties on screen.

If we judge purely on Disney Canon, Cad Bane actually seems to have a better record then Fett

hype bane all you want but bobo pulled off the stuffed in a crate by a sith washout look better than anyone else:cool:

Well I dont.

Well I dont.

Fine. Than what has he actually done?

As far as the movies are concerned, Boba Fett's crowning achievement was having Darth Vader literally giftwrap Han Solo for him, so he could take him to Jabba the Hutt.

He's little more than a glorified delivery boy. One that got his *** killed by a blind guy with a stick.

As far as the movies are concerned, Boba Fett's crowning achievement was having Darth Vader literally giftwrap Han Solo for him, so he could take him to Jabba the Hutt.

But he looked cool! And he was one of the few people that dared mouth off to Vader, or at least say what he wanted (Solo alive). Seems that was enough to make people ask for more of him and so he was resurrected for some books. Same as Maul from the prequels - he never did anything more than kill a Jedi and then went down like a punk. But apparently he looked cool enough to be worth using again.

But he looked cool! And he was one of the few people that dared mouth off to Vader, or at least say what he wanted (Solo alive). Seems that was enough to make people ask for more of him and so he was resurrected for some books. Same as Maul from the prequels - he never did anything more than kill a Jedi and then went down like a punk. But apparently he looked cool enough to be worth using again.

I suppose there's also that theory that Fett killed Luke's aunt and uncle. So you can add a couple of farmers to his tally.

He didn't really mouth off to Vader, all he said was.

"He's no good to me dead."

Not really mouthing off to him tbh.

As far as just the movies, Boba really was just there and didn't do anything other than tell the Empire where the Falcon was going.

Which is impressive I guess seeing as we didn't see the other Hunters. Though just movie wise, when he actually decided to do something fighting wise, he was poor.

I know this also may hurt some Boba fans, but Stormtroopers had far better showings than he did too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Stormtroopers killed Owen/Beru.

Nope, they were killed when Beru argued with Owen in front of a group of Stormtrooper, stole a thermal det from one of them and killed Owen and herself with it. Didn't you watch Troops?

(Joke aside, yeah, both were killed by Stormtroopers)

Took only, what- the most powerful Force-User of the time to beat him in a fight? I call that competent.

Calo Nord man. Now that's a beast. I have a few of my companions in his gear. A very underrated bounty hunter. I actually really liked him in KOTOR.

Edited by Rhyltran

I will never, ever, understand why people think Boba Fett is so amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_HmkE6Dmc

Cause he looked cool in the movies, literally it. Which then prompted him to get all this material and so forth which heightened his popularity, then the inclusion of Jango just made it moreso.

But literally it was just how he looked in the movies, which prompted such things.

Personally I don't really go that far, I mean yeah he looked cool but that didn't make me a hardcore fan and wanting more...he just looked cool.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi