Shadowlands Celebration Week, Oct. 6th-11th

Lavaar

Over the past couple of months, our GSF exclusive guild, Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing, has been saving up the credits necessary to purchase a guild flagship to represent GSF on the Shadowlands conquest leaderboards. The Shadowlands server, when compared to other servers I have visited, has a strong focus on conquest and guild performance in these events, and I believe that a GSF exclusive guild placing on the leaderboard would go a long way towards exposing other players to the rewards that starfighter is capable of providing and may help bolster interest in this gametype.

We have set a deadline of October 6th (to coincide with Clash in Hyperspace conquest event) to purchase the flagship, and if we succeed, we would like to celebrate by inviting everyone to come enjoy some organized team events, where we can arrange for evenly-matched premades on both factions. We plan to include prize draws, or in-game contests (most objective points for the night, highest K/D ratio, MVP votes, etc.) in order to win prizes which could include cartel ships, paint jobs, armor sets, rare weapons, and whatever else we can arrange for.

It is still a few weeks away, but I would like to put this out there and see if there is any interest on the forums in engaging in this kind of event.

TL;DR

WHAT: Organized matches

WHEN: Oct 6th-11th in the evenings

WHERE: Shadowlands Server

PRIZES: TBD

EDIT: We now have a

for the event! Check it out!

*IMPORTANT*

We have decided to focus our efforts on the republic faction for this event and we will try to organize wargames. This is preferrable to us because we can see where everybody is as well as being able to earn more CP per match. If imperial guilds would like to get involved I would encourage them to do so and to co-ordinate with us, but anyone visiting from outside of the server I would suggest logging on republic, as that is where we will be organizing teams and distributing any prizes.

Edited by Lavaar

Thanks for the reply maulkat! The week will follow the conquest event, as I would like to use this opportunity to gather as many points as we can from tuesday to sunday. I hope to try to even up the teams on a night by night basis, and time the ques so that different premades can rotate against one another to get a diversified match environment. I hope to get at least 8 on each side so we can rotate groups of 4 against one another. Ideally I would like to have this start around 7 or 8 EDT and hold the prize draws around 9 in order to accommodate any EU players that would like to attend.

If anyone else is interested in attending It would be nice to have a general idea of who is interested. Please reply to this thread if you are interested, or if you have any questions or suggestions for that week. I believe that the GSF community thrives and continues to keep us interested when we have something to work towards and when we, as a community, put on events for one another, and that is why I have decided to do this.

How would this apply to existing Shadowlands guilds with a GSF presence, if any? (e.g., Imp Domination or Pub Death Mark.)

I very much hope all of you folks can come out for this event, and would love to properly co-ordinate some matches with and against you guys. I am not sure if imperial exiles "clawbird squadron" is still flying, but I hope they can have a presence as well.

Over the past couple of months, our GSF exclusive guild, Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing, has been saving up the credits necessary to purchase a guild flagship to represent GSF on the Shadowlands conquest leaderboards. The Shadowlands server, when compared to other servers I have visited, has a strong focus on conquest and guild performance in these events, and I believe that a GSF exclusive guild placing on the leaderboard would go a long way towards exposing other players to the rewards that starfighter is capable of providing and may help bolster interest in this gametype.

We have set a deadline of October 6th (to coincide with Clash in Hyperspace conquest event) to purchase the flagship, and if we succeed, we would like to celebrate by inviting everyone to come enjoy some organized team events, where we can arrange for evenly-matched premades on both factions. We plan to include prize draws, or in-game contests (most objective points for the night, highest K/D ratio, MVP votes, etc.) in order to win prizes which could include cartel ships, paint jobs, armor sets, rare weapons, and whatever else we can arrange for.

It is still a few weeks away, but I would like to put this out there and see if there is any interest on the forums in engaging in this kind of event.

TL;DR

WHAT: Organized matches

WHEN: Oct 6th-11th in the evenings

WHERE: Shadowlands Server

PRIZES: TBD

Shadowlands GSF is Republic-dominated. There are good Imperial pilots but when the stars are not aligned they are not on in sufficient numbers to carry the Imperial rookies against Republic teams. It takes a lot of luck and effort to organize the Imperials. So why not try something different, and get everybody to the Republic for some Republic vs. Republic wargames? That way you maximize your conquest points and you also get more variety of match-ups.

You could either go tell every Imperial to switch to Republic, or try to let the non-participants have a Republic vs. Empire match going on at the same time that the participants have a Republic vs. Republic match. This is similar to what Telbor did one night a few months ago, except he was trying to get 8 rookies vs. 8 rookies.

Shadowlands GSF is Republic-dominated. There are good Imperial pilots but when the stars are not aligned they are not on in sufficient numbers to carry the Imperial rookies against Republic teams. It takes a lot of luck and effort to organize the Imperials. So why not try something different, and get everybody to the Republic for some Republic vs. Republic wargames? That way you maximize your conquest points and you also get more variety of match-ups.

You could either go tell every Imperial to switch to Republic, or try to let the non-participants have a Republic vs. Empire match going on at the same time that the participants have a Republic vs. Republic match. This is similar to what Telbor did one night a few months ago, except he was trying to get 8 rookies vs. 8 rookies.

Kira that is a fantastic idea. I was thinking about doing something like this on another server the other day and I can't believe I didn't think about doing it in this context. Still, I would like to balance 4 man squads and then Mr. Matchmaker can decide who faces who. Also, if there are any shadowlands imp guilds that want to face off and get some imp CP we should still accommodate them. However, as of this point, this is how I woul like to proceed.

I'll definitely be there all week, we are going to dominate conquest that week if we can get help from all our GSF guild members--most of which are cross server players.

To help organize the event and show when people will be active we put together a website at:

http://shadowlandsreconnaissancewing.enjin.com/

and we have a cool promo video to help!

We will also have VOIP for anyone who wants it.

Hope a lot of you can make it!

Vexxial Edited the main post to reflect this info

Lol GSF on Shadowlands is a joke. Republic does nothing but spam gunships. You have 2 or 3 flashfires and the rest literally are gunship scrubs spamming ION Railguns. Im also sure that some of the people are from europe because they lag like they are on wifi. Then you got the gunship noobs who literally interdiction drive all the way back to the spawn point if they get attacked.

Classic cowards.

I'll definitely be there all week, we are going to dominate conquest that week if we can get help from all our GSF guild members--most of which are cross server players.

To help organize the event and show when people will be active we put together a website at:

http://shadowlandsreconnaissancewing.enjin.com/

and we have a cool promo video to help!

We will also have VOIP for anyone who wants it.

Hope a lot of you can make it!

Vexxial Edited the main post to reflect this info

Video was awesome, nice work.

I'll be there. I know I've been MIA on SL recently, but only because I've been grinding req like a madman on Harb...I think I have 80 games now on my imp guy there, who I just rolled a week ago. Ack. Anyway, I'll be back on SL shortly.

Shadowcarrier has been purchased, and we have begun a test invasion of the planet Hoth.

Our goal has been reached! Thank you to everyone for the donations!

The celebration week is now official

Yay! I made my second meager donation yesterday (literally everything I've earned from GSFing, since that's all I do on SL) but I guess every little bit helps. I'll be on tonight, looking forward to checking out the ship.