Jug Shank tank

DirtyDiggler

Common scenario is the other team doesn't know how to adjust targets. If you shield a pt for example, you'll grant him extra cooldowns to rape face, plus you'll be spreading dps pressure instead of just being a meat shield.

Also, only two tank tunnel attempts ever worked against me, but we lost because our team was absolute trash. If you have at least two competent players, the enemy will charge you blind rage and burn all their auto crits on you. Ideally in that scenario, the rest of your group will mop the floor with the enemy team's faces one by one while they try to lock your jug down.

With the damage reduction from Soresu, and the bonus 5% from the vengeance tree adds up to almost 50% damage reduction. That's freaking huge, considering my bonus melee damage is over 950.

Just remember to take screenshots of the players who throw the matches because you know how to skank. Their hipocrasy will end themselves back on their arses. We'll swig ale and sing songs about our conquests, around the juggernaut's round table.

I'm going to have a go at shanking tonight, I had recently rolled a mara and basically given up on my jug but I have not tried shank tanking with proper gear. We shall see how it goes, I have keybinds for fast guard swap, swaping stances, and focus target + focus targets target so I should be straight.

Yeah, take charge. Tell them you'll cc the chosen target first, and get someone ready to cc second. If you find the enemy trying to tunnel you in the second round tell your team to maintain focus priority, while you absorb/parry/reflect their autocrits.

Give 'em hell.

Yeah, take charge. Tell them you'll cc the chosen target first, and get someone ready to cc second. If you find the enemy trying to tunnel you in the second round tell your team to maintain focus priority, while you absorb/parry/reflect their autocrits.

Give 'em hell.

Is this real life? You can't shield (therefore, can't absorb) crits at all, and the vest majority of auto crit abilities are force/tech, which also can't be dodged/parried.

OP, if you really want to do this, Jugg is decent at this. The advantage is mostly in 3 DPS Healer solo q matches, though because of ED you could try it in 4DPS games. You need a full set of high endurance gear (lettered mods and enhancements with endurance augments) to do it best. You trade a relatively small amount of damage for another ~10k HP. You can run a shield, but I would otherwise run the normal DPS stats.

Additionally, this is super lame. Also, it's skank. Not shank.

Is this real life? You can't shield (therefore, can't absorb) crits at all, and the vest majority of auto crit abilities are force/tech, which also can't be dodged/parried.

OP, if you really want to do this, Jugg is decent at this. The advantage is mostly in 3 DPS Healer solo q matches, though because of ED you could try it in 4DPS games. You need a full set of high endurance gear (lettered mods and enhancements with endurance augments) to do it best. You trade a relatively small amount of damage for another ~10k HP. You can run a shield, but I would otherwise run the normal DPS stats.

Additionally, this is super lame. Also, it's skank. Not shank.

Blade turning absorbs.

Sabre reflect "reflects" tech.

Sabre ward increases defence chance against weapon damage.

And no, this is not real life...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to have a go at shanking tonight, I had recently rolled a mara and basically given up on my jug but I have not tried shank tanking with proper gear. We shall see how it goes, I have keybinds for fast guard swap, swaping stances, and focus target + focus targets target so I should be straight.

How did your shanking go?

Did you discover how most of the people who play this game are little fugly wimps? Haha. Man I tell ya, played correctly with good players who don't throw hissy fits and leave matches, shanking(skanking) is unbeatable. I must say it was the highlight of my entire season, watching victory after victory gather hatred from the fuglys.

I remember getting threatened after matches, spammed with insults, getting called a hacking cheater, and even threatened to get reported. The self righteous elite who would /stuck as soon as I entered a match with them, would proclaim their "virtue" in general chat and thus cause hate from all other players. It was hilarious because the people who threw the matches used me as their excuse, and inevitably made themselves look even worse. Those losses still couldn't stop my victorious momentum.

The best was when a jug, pt or sin was on the enemy team, and decided to skank in the second round after losing the first round to my team. They were always unaware of the resource restraints and often would be seen standing around spamming auto strikes because they had lost the rhythm of their initial rotations...which ultimately lead to their deaths.

By far, shanking was the most enjoyable, dynamic and overpowered juggernaut experience I've ever had in ranked. Highly recommended.

Haha, sue me.

So can you explain like I'm 5 what the big win with shanking is? It's essentially tank spec, (mostly) dps gear and soresu, or did I miss something? What's the significant payoff that enrages opponents so much compared to being "just" dps or "just" tank? Edited by wepeel

So can you explain like I'm 5 what the big win with shanking is? It's essentially tank spec, (mostly) dps gear and soresu, or did I miss something? What's the significant payoff that enrages opponents so much compared to being "just" dps or "just" tank?

It sounds to me like it is vengeance spec, mostly DPS gear but with a shield and switching into Soresu when focused or to guard as needed, and back out when damaging. I would imagine the rage comes from you being able to move between DPS and tanking effectively as the situation demands.

Haha, I guess I could write a book on the subject, a concise "how to do", "what to wear", "what to do when" sort of guide, then get my arse pinned up on some lame sticky thread ( which no one ever truly reads ), like everybody else does around here hahaha.... but I probably won't.

Some treasures are too sweet to be shared. Live and learn fellas, after you develop enough experience with a jug and decide to use your imagination, you'll discover these things on your own.

It sounds to me like it is vengeance spec, mostly DPS gear but with a shield and switching into Soresu when focused or to guard as needed, and back out when damaging. I would imagine the rage comes from you being able to move between DPS and tanking effectively as the situation demands.

So the entire benefit comes from soresu, shield and guard? I know guard is useful on others, but how much does soresu and a shield really help in vengeance spec if you're getting focused?

You know, I don't think it's bad to swap stances and guard someone for a second to relieve burst on them, but going into a match with full tank gear and doing it every single game to cheese is pretty cheesy. Even if you manage to get on the leaderboards you will have 0 respect, and for good reason. Yeah you may get the rewards, but at the end of the day they mean even less than they already do.

You know, I don't think it's bad to swap stances and guard someone for a second to relieve burst on them, but going into a match with full tank gear and doing it every single game to cheese is pretty cheesy. Even if you manage to get on the leaderboards you will have 0 respect, and for good reason. Yeah you may get the rewards, but at the end of the day they mean even less than they already do.

LoooooooooL

Just why is it cheesy? I mean, compared to a stealth class using stealth or a class with heals healing?

So the entire benefit comes from soresu, shield and guard? I know guard is useful on others, but how much does soresu and a shield really help in vengeance spec if you're getting focused?

I see you have an inquisitive mind, lol so I'll elaborate briefly.

Swapping to Soresu from vengeance or rage and guarding a team mate usually pisses enemy players off because it disrupts their attack strategy to an extent. The problem is that when you are wearing dps gear only, you need to burn all of your cooldowns for a temporary guard application. Furthermore, you lose all of your resources when you swap, and it takes two cooldowns to switch stances, select friendly target, and then apply the guard ability. It's doable, but often too risky, and ineffective.

The key for successful shanking (I like that term better), is planning ahead to deliberately equip partial tank gear. I'm not talking a full set, just a handful of augmented pieces, with the shield offhand. You cannot switch gear in combat, so you must make the arrangements before the round starts, therefore allowing your enemies to see your higher health numbers.

I've already discussed a few scenarios earlier in the thread, but basically you want to spec vengeance and engage as Soresu, guarding your weaker targets, and swapping to the most vulnerable as the fight continues. You want to apply as much dps and control as possible, as soon as possible, and be aware of who your enemies are focusing. Your team will mop up your enemies, but many times I was even the highest dps for all rounds. I don't recommend full tank gear at all, for you will be relying too heavily on the competence of your random teammates. You need to still apply damage to win.

I see you have an inquisitive mind, lol so I'll elaborate briefly.

Thanks for the clarification. So the core of it is utilizing soresu and some tank gear to be able to protect your team and not be all too easy to burn down, without sacrificing all that much damage?

Thanks for the clarification. So the core of it is utilizing soresu and some tank gear to be able to protect your team and not be all too easy to burn down, without sacrificing all that much damage?

Basically, yes. There's room for personal inflection on that regard, no set formula.

Be warned, this is advanced juggernaut gameplay, and you will be shat on if you don't produce results. If you are a beginner, go back to regs, don't even que for ranked until you have a few months of warzones under your belt.

Basically, yes. There's room for personal inflection on that regard, no set formula.

Be warned, this is advanced juggernaut gameplay, and you will be shat on if you don't produce results. If you are a beginner, go back to regs, don't even que for ranked until you have a few months of warzones under your belt.

Because ranked is serious business and peoples insults will change your life....

Who is your toon anyway Dethla?

That would spoil the fun. I have a jug/guard for each discipline, a marauder/sent for each discipline, agents and bounty hunters. My character named Dethla is specced vengeance, for example when I want to play vengeance, I log onto her. The toon I'm using to shank with was my alt jug that I was tanking exclusively with. Funny thing was that I was entering ranked as immortal, but was getting trolled by shieldtechs. I decided to try shanking instead, and won almost every game after that.

I'm everywhere man.

What is shieldtech trolling?

Shieldtech is the PT tank spec. As of now it is by far the best tank spec and if enemies are grouped up, it can legitimately pull more dps than dps specs, while still wearing the important tank bits - I think most of them use dps relics, and maybe a dps stim.

It's not so much trolling as it is overpowered.

Shieldtech is the PT tank spec. As of now it is by far the best tank spec and if enemies are grouped up, it can legitimately pull more dps than dps specs, while still wearing the important tank bits - I think most of them use dps relics, and maybe a dps stim.

It's not so much trolling as it is overpowered.

This^. I think the trend for them is to snag the mods that have the highest Aim values attached to them, while still having tank stats as well. Like you say, they equip dps relics as well as stim.