Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Players: Please don't miss out on the story.

DarthSpuds

OK, so I now have 5 level 60's and they have all been levelled 99% solo.

I think I have so far done just one FP on - level.

Having come back to SW because of the KotFE announcement of a return to storytelling driven content I jumped right in with the x12 XP and started getting Alts to level 60. Pushing on through the class quest content, ignoring the rest, and when I hit 55 using XP boosts to get to 60. I have a lot of Alts and wanted to get them all to cap and completed Yavin / Ziost.

But last night I took a break from that and took one of my higher level characters through some lower level FPs just to see what they were like.

And WOW.

Have I missed out or what?

Now it may be that I chose the right FP by accident (The Foundry) and the rest don't feed in to the overall story arc as much (please no spoilers in case people reading this haven't yet reached that point) as The Foundry does/

But WOW. Totally dragged me in with the story, elements of which were obviously apparent to me because of the fact I have several level 60s.

None of my toons are yet in a Guild, although I have applied for my main and am awaiting an in-game invite (seems I may have chosen a semi-active guild).

But I would urge new players to get in a guild, of groups and do FPs etc because there seems to be a world full of story out there that I have missed by not doing that.

All The Best

These FP are part of the main story in this order:

- Taral V -> Maelstron Prisoner (Pub)

- Boarding Party -> The Foundry (Imp)

- The Battle of Ilum -> The False Emperor. (both sides, finishes ilum story)

All others have nice story by itselfs, but i think best are:

- Esseles / Black Talon

- Directive 7

- Kaon Under siege -> Lost Island

- Czerka Corporate Labs -> Czerka Core Meltdown

Also i suggest you to run each operations at least once and best to do them in correct order some of them have also awesome story and you will see a lot of connections with other part of game.

Also a lof of FP and operations have one time quest, which is most of time somewhere close to FP entrance giving additional introduction into the FP and its story.

I didnt list FP you run during prelude and revan expansion, because i think you did them already :)

Edited by ShawDou

Kaon Under siege -> Lost island.

This story arc is awesome, I know that many players miss out on that since Kaon and LI is not available for that many levels in the groupfinder. I remember when the FPs were very hard and the feeling of beating them was very cool.

I hope they make all those FPs available to do at max level in the expansion with groupfinder.

Edited by Icestar

I'm taking my latest alt through and doing absolutely EVERYTHING. I have to admit, it's much more fun than it is tedious.

I did just the opposite. I just finished a toon that did nothing extra...and the story was enjoyable!

I have only done a few FPs when I leveled normally (started late, and then XP boosts overtook things), but I've played almost all of them on L60 and the stories are great. I certainly would recommend both the FPs and Ops. They are wonderful parts of the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.