Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Oil Slick - PvP

Amp_

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but without the search all I could find was one other thread and it appeared to be PvE in nature. So apologies if this is a repeat topic.

Anyone have any experience with Oil Slick in PvP yet? It sounds like a decent skill on paper, but I was curious as to what anyone has to say about using it in practice. Because it sounds like it targets an area rather than players, and I really like to be mobile and not tie myself to hanging out in one spot. With my next skill point I could take it, but wanted to see if I could get some feedback from PvP players before I do.

Edited by Amp_

It's not a persistent, ground targeted effect as you seem to imagine. It's a debuff which is applied to all enemies in range at the moment of activation. After activation, it doesn't matter who goes where; there's no field on the ground to enter/leave.

I find it very useful in PvP. When I get ganked I just drop Oil Slick and pop Energy Shield and Kolto Overload and I can last for way too long, even against more than 4 enemy players. Of course it's not good for mobility, but that's not it's intended use either. For mobility you still have the 4% Debuff talent in the Shield Tech tree.

It's not a persistent, ground targeted effect as you seem to imagine. It's a debuff which is applied to all enemies in range at the moment of activation. After activation, it doesn't matter who goes where; there's no field on the ground to enter/leave.

Ah, well that's good to hear. Since it said spray the immediate area I wasn't sure what that would entail.

I find it very useful in PvP. When I get ganked I just drop Oil Slick and pop Energy Shield and Kolto Overload and I can last for way too long, even against more than 4 enemy players. Of course it's not good for mobility, but that's not it's intended use either. For mobility you still have the 4% Debuff talent in the Shield Tech tree.

The mobility I was talking about was if it targeted the area rather than the players. I didn't want to worry about trying to stick to an area, rather than debuffing the players and keep moving. But that's not a concern anymore since the above clarified.

It's awesome when you are pushing those last few meters across the line in huttball.

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

Well I just got my next point, so I will invest it into Oil Slick. Now for the hard part of figuring out where it fits into my key binds. :o

Thanks for helpful replies. :)

Edited by Amp_

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.