12x xp isn't enough

Eleonora

I think it works fine on some classes, but on others, if you do only your class missions, you fall vastly behind the leveling curve. I think it's because some classes complete quests less often than others.

Playing a new Agent side by side with my friends BH, I noticed my Agent falling further and further behind because her quests complete less often.

On my inquisitor (a class I find very boring but want to see the story of) I've gotten to level 43 and I'm fighting things +4 and +5. It's become essentially impossible at this point, and I don't see it getting any better. Getting pretty close to unsubbing.

I resubscribed for this, and it's a joke. It needs to be 12.5x or 13x. That would probably do the trick.

And that's the lazy way. If it were done right, you would just increase rewards multipliers for some quests on some classes to catch them up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are doing something wrong then.

Are you using the XP boosts you get (free) from your class missions?

I have played both the agent and the inquisitors classes under 12XP and had no such issues. In fact.. on my inquisitor, I ended up with one class mission that went gray on me before I ran it.

Edited by Andryah

I think it works fine on some classes, but on others, if you do only your class missions, you fall vastly behind the leveling curve. I think it's because some classes complete quests less often than others.

Playing a new Agent side by side with my friends BH, I noticed my Agent falling further and further behind because her quests complete less often.

On my inquisitor (a class I find very boring but want to see the story of) I've gotten to level 43 and I'm fighting things +4 and +5. It's become essentially impossible at this point, and I don't see it getting any better. Getting pretty close to unsubbing.

I resubscribed for this, and it's a joke. It needs to be 12.5x or 13x. That would probably do the trick.

And that's the lazy way. If it were done right, you would just increase rewards multipliers for some quests on some classes to catch them up.

you also get all those xp boosts so if you REALLY THINK 12x xp not enough (mind boggling how anyone could think such a thing really) then use the dang xp boosts for more xp on kills and the bonus portion of class line quests.

Ive leveled warrior, 2 inquiz, powertech, 2 agents, 2 troopers this 12x xp event to level 56 and ALL stayed equal or ahead of the leveling curve doing ONLY the class line story missions (and appropriate bonus missions).

If you are falling behind, well I dont know how you are

Oh and I do all that in blue com gear updated every 8 levels

I only started to get this problem near the end of my agent story. I hate Belsavis and Corellia so much that I stealthed through every mission and ignored all the bonus quests.

Doing a few warzones usually brings you back up to speed.

Yeah, some classes do get less xp. My inquisitor, agent, and consular were barely lv 50 after completing their stories whereas trooper and bh got to 51. No stealth involved and every bonus mission done. Wasn't an issue for me though because it's not that big a difference. If you're 4 to 5 levels behind something must have gone wrong? Never got this.

Yeah, some classes do get less xp. My inquisitor, agent, and consular were barely lv 50 after completing their stories whereas trooper and bh got to 51. No stealth involved and every bonus mission done. Wasn't an issue for me though because it's not that big a difference. If you're 4 to 5 levels behind something must have gone wrong? Never got this.

Being level 50 or 51 is several levels above where you need to be anyway. You still have Ilum and Makeb after that.

During 12X xp.. you should be moving directly to Makeb at 47, take advantage of the free Makeb-boost and 12X there until you hit 55, which is when 12X shuts off.. then do the intro series for SoR and finish up capping 60 on Rishi. You can go back and finish any incomplete class missions afterwards if you like.

Edited by Andryah

It's possible, especially if you don't use the xp boosts. The inquisitor especially, as sometime after Chapter One you do a bunch of running around for little or no experience.

I usually complete class story around 46-47. It's not an issue now, but it was on my first character.

I've noticed this too and I've just recently leveled 7 different, brand new classes to at least 50. You really have to use those experience boosts and/or do extra missions or you will fall behind in levels. Perhaps other people who don't notice just have other experience boosters running, like that 10% from being in a guild or from their legacies.

Currently doing a Jedi Consular and even with use of the xp boosts and doing some of the planetary missions I'm only even leveled with the missions on Belsavis. I did notice some of the missions skipped a couple of levels. Like a previous one would be level 35 and the next class mission was 37.

The only character I've fallen behind mission level on was a Sorcerer, who finished Corellia at 49.

Every other character I've run thus far has stayed at, or above mission level. This is with ignoring any bonus objectives that didn't complete themselves as I worked my way through the mission, and sporadic use of 25% xp boosts.

If you're falling Multiple levels behind, well then I just have no idea what the problem you're having is. Try backtracking and completing the last planetary/bonus series missions you skipped that'll still give you decent XP?

If your starting to fall behind them you need to do some side missions or the bonus missions. I personally like to do all missions anyway regardless. I didn't use a single xp boost but I did do all side and bonus missions. I hit 55 before I finished Voss.

Yes if you do only class missions you may be lower by a few levels but doing side missions or keeping your gear at a high enough level as possible helps. Like others have said if you are falling behind do those things to help. I kept my companions in either maxx communication year or blues / greens from the GTN and they make a big difference.

Edited by Nightblazer

On both my bounty hunter and Agent, and my Sorc, i have NEVER had this problem. I never used any of the exp boosts either. I mean, yeah, there were a couple elite bosses i needed help on, but it was rare, maybe once on each character. I was also never more then a level or two below what was needed, except for at the end, my sorc was 47. Edited by Mewmaster

I've taken a few characters up with 12x xp.. and as long as you use the free xp boost they give you there is no problem... and if you really are having problems.. once you hit 47+ goto mekeb and do that.. its still 12x for the main story and there is a terminal that you can use that buffs you up so gear/level isnt really a issue doing mekeb at 47..

on the characters i have taken up with 12x using xp boosts i usually hit 47 on voss then goto mekeb hit 55 then go back and finish my story just because its faster you can get from 47-55 in about any hour or 2.. and thats listening to the story faster if you space bar thought it.. only issue with this method there is a spoiler when starting mekeb about how your class story ends.. so either space bar thuogh it to avoid it.. also the illum quest line also gives 12x xp so even after your class story is done you could do that to finish on hitting 55

I have just finished leveling at least one of each class with 12x, and all stayed pretty well at level with the quests only doing class quests. Granted I do complete any bonus quests tied to the class missions and no stealthing around mobs. You get regular XP boosts as well. Use those if you do fall behind.

Edit: wow, should have read your whole post. Do you realize just how much side stuff 12x allows you to skip?? Just unsub, nothing will ever be good enough for some.

Edited by Bobs_YourUncle

I'm a sorcerer. I'm not stealthing. In fact, I'm massacring everything in my path and I'm still behind the curve, so I don't know *** is going on.

I haven't used the XP boosts I get from leveling because I assumed they didn't stack. There's nothing to suggest they would.

Edited by Eleonora

I am playing the game, stop being stupid.

You DO understand that this allows you to skip 90% of leveling content, right? and that they never HAD to do this thing ever. Most games are lucky if they get 3x exp over a weekend, let alone 12x for multiple months.

You DO understand that this allows you to skip 90% of leveling content, right? and that they never HAD to do this thing ever. Most games are lucky if they get 3x exp over a weekend, let alone 12x for multiple months.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I've leveled several characters the old fashioned way.

As advertised, 12xp is to allow us to ignore the side content, so someone telling me not to ignore the side content while I am doing exactly what the devs intended is stupid.