Super Serious Starfighter Saturday on The Harbinger, September 12th

Drakkolich

Thanks again for setting this up and getting so many people interested. It was great to see the strong attendance and lots of premades on both sides. I wasn't expecting to be there, but I'm glad I had the chance to fly.

Maybe a long time from now in an update far, far away, the devs might bestow upon us the ability to run a real, bracketed 8 v 8 tournament (or even 12 v 12) where we could directly organize matches.

Despite the technical limitations, SSN is a great showcase of what GSF is all about and the heights it can reach when you have tense, high stakes matches.

Despon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried this out. Seems really badly written. The controls are insanely hard to use, and it feels like something designed by a 10 year old on a Commodore 64 the 80's. Should've tested it before blowing money on a ship, but que sera sera. The rest of the game makes up for what I feel is a poor element within it. :) I'm sure though that some people love this section of the game. I'm just not one of those some people.

I would strongly suggest testing this out though before doing what I did and buying a ship to see if you even like it.

I think we need to put warnings in these topics, which go something like this:

Space will be swarming with aces. If you don't have a lot of experience flying and usually end up at the bottom of kill/medal charts most matches, this organized event is possibly the most brutal environment to learn by trial and error in-but a very good place to ask questions about how the game works.

Maybe a long time from now in an update far, far away, the devs might bestow upon us the ability to run a real, bracketed 8 v 8 tournament (or even 12 v 12) where we could directly organize matches.

So. Much. This.

I had a good time too, but the matchmaking (as usual) left something to be desired. In /gsf imp side, there was a discussion about how wargames were basically being decided based on which side had the heavier "anchor" - that is, which team ended up with more innocent pugs. I was glad I got to go against Drak's group...not so glad it was largely just me & Georgewhite in those two TDMs (at least, from the SS crew...I think). I mean, I enjoy a challenge, and merely ending with more kills than deaths (in the first of those two games, at least) was a bit of a victory. But it definitely left me wanting a true organized/bracketed event. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Still, echoing Despon again: thanks to Drak for organizing, and it was great to see the level of interest/participation.

Thanks for organizing this, Drak. We had a few games against other Super Serious teams, but mostly just the wargames. Most of our games against Imps were one-sided stomps, with a couple of exceptions. Still, games are always more interesting when there are a lot of people who know how things work all playing at the same time.

Looking forward to the next one.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Alright I got all of the games uploaded to Youtube today. :)

We got many games where there were 3 premades in the game with one side only have a some Solo players as there extras. We only got 1 game where it was actually 2 premades vs 2 premades.

Some people have suggested Queue syncing to me before for these nights but with the ridiculous amount of participation last night I just don't think it was possible. We also had many smaller groups of solo players combining to form 2 or 3 person groups which was really cool to see.

I have to say for participation this one was the biggest we've ever had. My mumble actually ran out of channels because there were 4 man teams in every single channel. Thank you so much to everyone who came to play last night and I hope everyone had a great time. :)