KOTFE Story Affects the "Homeworlds"?

ChrispyBass

I couldn't find a thread that talked about what was concerning me lately. With the whole Outlander and Knights of the Fallen Empire, with the Sith and Republic apparently being beaten down and pretty much gone. When you begin the Outlander story and you go back to say, Corellia is anything changed to represent the fact that the respective "empires" are gone / have retreated.

Or is it one of those things so it's easy mechanically, just claim that all the planets are like stuck in the past?

For instance if I start the Outlander story but need to go to Coruscant or Dromund Kaas, is there any changes or cause of concern with NPC's about this supposed great threat that's called the Eternal Empire?

I think it was stated that you will have to go back to old planets for the main quest, so either the worlds will an entire new instance of sorts that looks different (And you can switch between) or it's like the Dread seed missions where they just add new areas.

Would be interesting if they made the new worlds phase for you depending on if you're pre or post 60.

Though, for teaming with lower levels, that may cause an issue?

It's not like we haven't seen a destroyed Jedi or Sith Temple yet from SoR. So likely they stay unchanged.

I believe it was stated that the old worlds don't change at all. Too bad but hey - you won't miss on achivements that way ;)
That makes sense for gameplay purposes, but kind of disheartening for "immersion" if there's zero effect if you've gone through the Outlander story.

I think it was stated that you will have to go back to old planets for the main quest, so either the worlds will an entire new instance of sorts that looks different (And you can switch between) or it's like the Dread seed missions where they just add new areas.
I like the idea of either, choosing an instance for a part of the original planet or separate sections you can go to.

Would be interesting if they made the new worlds phase for you depending on if you're pre or post 60.

Though, for teaming with lower levels, that may cause an issue?

It's not like we haven't seen a destroyed Jedi or Sith Temple yet from SoR. So likely they stay unchanged.

Well if they did phase the whole planet for reaching a certain mark in the story, they would probably make it possible to go back to help friends. Like doing the class instance at their level, even if you're 10 levels past it. I just hope this story has impact with how gnarly they're making this new threat.

EDIT:: I've only heard so little and I didn't dig too much to find any statements on the subject. Just in the cinematic, it shows Korriban getting steamrolled for example, I believe Hoth and Alderaan are also shown being attacked.

Edited by ChrispyBass

That makes sense for gameplay purposes, but kind of disheartening for "immersion" if there's zero effect if you've gone through the Outlander story.

I like the idea of either, choosing an instance for a part of the original planet or separate sections you can go to.

Well if they did phase the whole planet for reaching a certain mark in the story, they would probably make it possible to go back to help friends. Like doing the class instance at their level, even if you're 10 levels past it. I just hope this story has impact with how gnarly they're making this new threat.

EDIT:: I've only heard so little and I didn't dig too much to find any statements on the subject. Just in the cinematic, it shows Korriban getting steamrolled for example, I believe Hoth and Alderaan are also shown being attacked.

I'm hoping we get a new ship to use which is the only way to access KOFTE content, or like a button on the galaxy map that changes to a post-KOFTE galaxy, but you can at any time go back to the old Galaxy map to do pre-KOFTE content.

Alas this is simply a standard break from reality that nearly all MMO's have. Going back to places geographically also means going back to the past chronologically.

It's no different than going back to Corellia and seeing that the Imps and Pubbies are still duking it out everywhere, or back to Ord Mantell to see the separatists still haven't been defeated yet, or see that Darth Malgus is happy to hand out Flashpoints to Imperial players.