Should I be stockpiling WZ comms?

LtBombshell

Hear me out: I play casually and will have to balance playing SWTOR with 3rd year uni, sleep, and the rest of my life. So my progress towards getting full Dark Reaver for each of my 8 toons has been rather slow (I was only finally able to get all 8 full Exhumed thanks to the 3.3 PvP gear price drop) and will continue to be once the semester starts.

Would it be a more efficient use of my commendations buy as many Dark Reaver pieces as soon as possible for all my toons so that they can get the most performance out of them, or just stockpile my warzone commendations so that I have enough to buy the 1st tier of PvP gear (which I'm assuming will be Dark Reaver) as soon as KotFE drops?

The toons I still do not have a full DR set on will never get one, totally pointless, assuming you have at least augmented exhumed.

I am currently stockpiling on all 16 toons.

My view, if I do resubscribe (16 days left), then I will level all 16 to L65 via PVP as usual, so will hopefully have enough comms to get the L65 tier 2 sets on most of them by doing so.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

The toons I still do not have a full DR set on will never get one, totally pointless, assuming you have at least augmented exhumed.

I am currently stockpiling on all 16 toons.

My view, if I do resubscribe (16 days left), then I will level all 16 to L65 via PVP as usual, so will hopefully have enough comms to get the L65 tier 2 sets on most of them by doing so.

Bingo, exactly this. No need to waste comms on DR unless you really want to play that toon, but at the same time you should get full exhumed in order to be competitive when PVPing from 60-65.

stockpiling comms? ok. and what will you do next week when you've achieved enough comms to outfit 3 toons in DR? sarcasm aside, you know there's going to be a new level cap in a couple months, and during that time you'll have 5 level of leveling to go in which you can grind comms.

the cost of full DR gear is a mere fraction of what it used to be. and even in what it "used to be," you could grind out enough comms for full DR just by PVPing for 1-2 of the 5 levels from 55-60. now that gear is A LOT cheaper, you can easily do it inside of 1 level (e.g., from 64-65). there's no need to stockpile anything. especially if you plan to actually pvp some between lvls 60-65.

nothing wrong with stockpiling. and maybe you want to do every possible pve quest in the new xpac (before you hit level cap). just...it's never been necessary. and with the new comms system, it's very much unnecessary.

Do some simple calculations, you need something about 21-25k comms (maybe a bit more... for tanks!) for full ranked min/maxed set (first gear set for exchange + min/maxed ranked) and you have 2 months till 4.0 + some time till 65!

If you don't have enough, then the answer is yes, stockpile them! :)

Edited by Glower

stockpiling comms? ok. and what will you do next week when you've achieved enough comms to outfit 3 toons in DR?

See that's exactly it- I won't. See below.

sarcasm aside, you know there's going to be a new level cap in a couple months, and during that time you'll have 5 level of leveling to go in which you can grind comms.

the cost of full DR gear is a mere fraction of what it used to be. and even in what it "used to be," you could grind out enough comms for full DR just by PVPing for 1-2 of the 5 levels from 55-60. now that gear is A LOT cheaper, you can easily do it inside of 1 level (e.g., from 64-65). there's no need to stockpile anything. especially if you plan to actually pvp some between lvls 60-65.

nothing wrong with stockpiling. and maybe you want to do every possible pve quest in the new xpac (before you hit level cap). just...it's never been necessary. and with the new comms system, it's very much unnecessary.

Thing is though, I'm 1. pretty bad at PvP and thus don't get very many comms per match and 2. either I've been on a bad streak the past few weeks or I just can't win anymore but I'd say that I win 1 out of every 5 PvP matches. Combine that with the fact that I'm only playing 2-3 matches per day on 2 characters each, and I don't get very many comms, and sometimes don't even get the daily done, so by the time KotFE drops I could get maybe 1 character in full DR gear.

But why finally get full DR gear just before KotFE hits when I can get it for much cheaper, much quicker when it becomes the 1st tier of PvP gear after KotFE drops?

Edited by LtBombshell

See that's exactly it- I won't. See below.

Thing is though, I'm 1. pretty bad at PvP and thus don't get very many comms per match and 2. either I've been on a bad streak the past few weeks or I just can't win anymore but I'd say that I win 1 out of every 5 PvP matches. Combine that with the fact that I'm only playing 2-3 matches per day on 2 characters each, and I don't get very many comms, and sometimes don't even get the daily done, so by the time KotFE drops I could get maybe 1 character in full DR gear.

But why finally get full DR gear just before KotFE hits when I can get it for much cheaper, much quicker when it becomes the 1st tier of PvP gear after KotFE drops?

doing the daily and weekly every day from 60-65 will be fine. you're looking for an excuse. and you don't need to. do what you want. you don't need to stockpile comms. you can lose every match you play from 60-65 and still have full DR at 65.

and you snipped my quote in the absolute wrong place, thus taking the first part completely out of context.

doing the daily and weekly every day from 60-65 will be fine. you're looking for an excuse. and you don't need to. do what you want. you don't need to stockpile comms. you can lose every match you play from 60-65 and still have full DR at 65.

and you snipped my quote in the absolute wrong place, thus taking the first part completely out of context.

I won't be PvPing from 60-65, though- I intend on leveling through the story.

My bad, I realize it was sarcasm but I felt the need to address that part.