How overleveled will i be?

Draknalor

Hey

So doing the 12x XP thing in swtor to see the story without having to do all small quests, But the XP is absurdly HUGE, I mean.. i'm lvl 20 now and i just got off coruscant which makes me 4 levels higher than the starting level for Taris.. and then after Taris we have Nar Shadaa.... I'm just wondering if anyone know how much more out off hand this XP will get.. since it starts to feel Like i'll be10+ levels over any zone after Nar Shadaa xD

Edited by Draknalor

Also depends on if you have any other xp boosts. However, I have been ending up at level 46-47 when facing the last class boss when doing only class quests.

Quite low compared to me, I'm always at about lvl 51 when doing the end boss, or lvl 52. That's with all XP bonuses on (experience boost, guild boost (but only 6% or something, not 10%) and the legacy class boost, don't know if that one works with 12xp though, but I think it does).

TS, you'll be overleveled most of the content, but you can balance that a bit out if you don't upgrade your gear too often. Then some challenge will still remain, if you want to. Otherwise, overleveled plus lovely blue or pruple gear = very easy, so expect to be done with the fighters rather quick.

Was scouting all US Servers by creating imperial agents, all my new agents left the starting planet, Hutta, at lv15, ready for speeder training. I don't know how this going to hurt me in the future by reducing my exp gain to 6xp.

I check stuff like health of GTN prices. I need an agent on each server to scout it out.

My recommendation if you're going to create a character on every server, DON'T name a legacy when you are asked at level 10. Postpone it and procrastinate. Some players speculate that if you transfer a toon from a lv50 legacy server to a lv0 no-legacy server you transfer some of your perks. (haven't tested this yet)

Edited by Falensawino

My recommendation if you're going to create a character on every server, DON'T name a legacy when you are asked at level 10. Postpone it and procrastinate. Some players speculate that if you transfer a toon from a lv50 legacy server to a lv0 no-legacy server you transfer some of your perks. (haven't tested this yet)

To address this part of your response. You will get whatever the highest legacy (and all legacy perks) of both legacies. It will keep the name of the legacy that you started on that server.

Yeah, as noted, you cannot get XP from quests and mobs you are too far above. You're mostly overleveled at the Prologue planets, but these don't really matter. They're meant to be easy.

With the Republic character I'm leveling now, I'll be ~ 49 at the end of Voss, doing Story quests and the planetary quest lines on Balmorra and Belsavis. No side quests done, skipped a number of bonus objectives, was usually running with an XP boost.

I don't really notice it since mob damage goes up significantly once you start Act III and you will take a beating despite being a few levels up. A 48 cannot just bulldoze a group of 45s with one strong.

Over-leveling with 12XP is not a given. I've done several that wound up 1-2 levels over, but my last is just 49 at the end of Corellia and has been consistently 1-2 UNDER level. I let it happen and did not 25% boosts at all. You really notice if your gear is not up to par in this situation. A lot of the quests are orange rather than yellow or green when you do this, so they're a bit harder than normal.

Over-leveling with 12XP is not a given. I've done several that wound up 1-2 levels over, but my last is just 49 at the end of Corellia and has been consistently 1-2 UNDER level. I let it happen and did not 25% boosts at all. You really notice if your gear is not up to par in this situation. A lot of the quests are orange rather than yellow or green when you do this, so they're a bit harder than normal.

This happened to me with my dark Sorcerer. Completed Corellia at level 49. Thus far he's the only one that's managed to finish chapter 3 under leveled.

Generally I finish at 51-52, so not really noticeably over leveled. (I think I finished as high as 53 on one character with consistent use of xp boosts.)

It balances out. Once your 7 or more levels above a mission, it greys out and you only get like 6 xp. So the content catches up. Also it stops once you hit 55. You have normal xp from 55-60.

On a random, almost unrelated note, I levelled up off one of those missions that give 6 experience once on my first character. It still amuses me to think about it.

The class mission boost is for just that, class missions. It's pretty much only for the ability to ignore side quests, bonuses or flashpoints and level through the main story alone. If you do these things on top of the class missions, because they give so little xp in comparison for the time involved doing them you're really just making the whole reason of having the 12 times xp pointless and might as well get the buff to allow yourself to pay at normal xp levels as you're pretty much going to spend a longer amount of time getting to 55 doing everything rather than focusing n the class missions.

I've leveled a bunch of different classes lately and being underleveled seems to be the case for most of them. I think so far, I've only had one class (Bounty Hunter) actually reach 50 after turning in the last class mission. Though it's possible I might have done extra missions there. The worst so far was a Jedi Sentinel, who spent most of Voss and Corellia 3 levels under. (which was a real pain, as their defense is paper thin) It's currently at level 48 after turning in the last class mission. I would definitely recommend to the OP to pop those hourly XP boosts they give you to keep even level later on.

Edited by Chelan

Well my experience ranging from characters already started to ones started under the xp boost is that if only doing class missions I tend to be 2-3 levels over the planet that I am on, for instance I think I started Tatooine at level 30 where the planet range is 24-28.

This will the trend untill you hit the end of your class mission. I recently finished a Assassin who tried to stealth past a lot of mobs, not done all the planetary missions and finished the story at about level 53. My bounty hunter however who fought everyone and did all of the planetary stuff (hey he was a interested in any paid job) and easily hit level 55 about mid way through Corellia.