Starter Worlds Then and Now

Dragondog

Back in the day when the game first came out, it took me about 10 hours to do all content on a starter world and I was about level 10 when I left that world. Now it takes about 3-4 hours and I leave at about level 14. Or about 1-2 hours to only do the class quests and leave the planet at about level 13.

Why is that?

* Subscribers get 12x XP for class quests and are likely overleveled for the content.

* All taxi stations become available as soon as you arrive on the planet, instead of requiring you to find both stations you want to travel between and interact with each.

* Quick Travel Points are unlocked by your mere presence and don’t need intentional interaction.

* Advanced Class training is available as soon as you get to the appropriate level, you don’t have to meet with the specific trainer on fleet

* The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue allow you to train anywhere you want, instead of returning to a hub and finding a trainer. Such training is now free too.

* Legacy Perk unlocks provide Rocket Boost so that you can go faster about 40% of the time.

* Legacy Perk unlocks allow you to use Quick Travel as often as you like, instead of just once per hour.

* Instead of spending time trying to find someone to do heroics with, you can wait until you get your companion and do them at the end.

* And for me personally, I look after myself better, so I don’t have to die on the starter world.

* And personally again, I don’t have to read the tutorials

Anything that can make it go even faster?

* If you join a guild, you get XP even faster

* As a Character Perk, you can unlock Speeder Piloting at level 10. So if you already have a speeder, you can go faster almost all your outdoor travel time from that point

* Use the default key bindings. I bind over 60 actions to get things exactly as I want them.

* Don’t pick up your mail. Having played since the very beginning, all my new characters have a lot of mail to sift through. I would suggest that you take the time to actually pick up your mail. You get useful stuff when you do.

* Disable frame-by-frame tutorials or even hide tutorial alerts all together

Starter World Story

In my opinion, this is how I would rank the starter world stories for the various classes:

1. Sith Inquisitor

2. Jedi Consular

3. Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior

4. Agent/Smuggler

5. Bounty Hunter/Trooper

I'll add that if you are willing to spend the Cartel Coins, the Rocket Boots from "going places basic bundle" & the 2 legacy unlocks speed things up a little until you can use that speeder (@ level 10 or 15) and are still useful afterwards as you can use them indoors once you have been dismounted from your speeder.

You will not be able to get some of these perks on your first character until you have levelled your Legacy.

Yep, things change. My first marauder took ages to play and that was before they got their defensive boost early in the game.

Some of the things you list are not available for everyone, like the Hutt statue.

But now we start a new era with the expansion and everyone can join in at level 60, it will be fun :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

I am happy the old skill tree is gone

I don't know I felt more involved with the old skill tree (even it was an illusion) with the new way it just seems like it doesn't even matter. I mean I level one character to 44 before I even noticed the symbol flashing at the top reminding me I never made any choices (that is how much it seems to matter).

I find it amusing how you (the OP) and I rate the different stater worlds/storys. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, everyone has different tastes, and I know that my tastes are vastly different from most, lol.

I rate the starter worlds and quests thusly:

1. Bounty Hunter/Hutta

2. Sith Warrior/Korriban

3. Trooper/Ord Mantell

4. Agent/Hutta

5. Smuggler/Ord mantell

6. Knight/Tython

7. Inquisitor/Korriban

8. Uninstalling the game

9. Selling my computer and never going online again

10. Consular/Tython.

10 hours for the starter planet? are you a game developer ? :D

If I were, I wouldn't be posting here under an assumed name. And I doubt a developer would start a thread like this.

I am happy the old skill tree is gone

I too much prefer disciplines above skill trees.

I find it amusing how you (the OP) and I rate the different stater worlds/storys. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, everyone has different tastes, and I know that my tastes are vastly different from most, lol.

1. Bounty Hunter/Hutta

2. Sith Warrior/Korriban

3. Trooper/Ord Mantell

4. Agent/Hutta

5. Smuggler/Ord mantell

6. Knight/Tython

7. Inquisitor/Korriban

8. Uninstalling the game

10. Consular/Tython.

As you say, taste differs. I don't understand why you dislike the consular story so much though.

As you say, taste differs. I don't understand why you dislike the consular story so much though.

Because it's boring? It starts out as boring, has a boring interlude and a somehow less boring ending.

I understand not all classes can be about action, epic duels, destroying planets/hindering war efforts and such...

But the consular is all about noeticons/datacrons, Force voodoo, being an errand boy for worlds not even part of the Republic...the shielding/killing other Jedi gets repetive pretty fast.

Same with inquisitor story but there at least you can get some laughs.

I'll add that if you are willing to spend the Cartel Coins, the Rocket Boots from "going places basic bundle" & the 2 legacy unlocks speed things up a little until you can use that speeder (@ level 10 or 15) and are still useful afterwards as you can use them indoors once you have been dismounted from your speeder.

You will not be able to get some of these perks on your first character until you have levelled your Legacy.

I miss the good ole days when a bug allowed you to spend CC and unlock all three speeder levels at level 1.

Because it's boring? It starts out as boring, has a boring interlude and a somehow less boring ending.

I understand not all classes can be about action, epic duels, destroying planets/hindering war efforts and such...

But the consular is all about noeticons/datacrons, Force voodoo, being an errand boy for worlds not even part of the Republic...the shielding/killing other Jedi gets repetive pretty fast.

Same with inquisitor story but there at least you can get some laughs.

What?? Who doesn't enjoy driving the magic school bus? <How I referred to those mid levels when your star ship becomes crowded with free-loading oafs.>

Edited by JacksonMo

Don't forget HK at level 1! Heck I wish I could just cut him loose & do all of my starter planet class story while I go make a sandwich and watch Netflix :)

I took my time the first time on each new class story, and to explore the starter areas. After that, not so much.

If I were, I wouldn't be posting here under an assumed name. And I doubt a developer would start a thread like this.

It was more like a joke question. Game developers tend to exaggerate the playtime for their stuff. I mean, without any boosts the starter planets do not take more than 3-4 hours.

1. Bounty Hunter/Hutta

2. Sith Warrior/Korriban

3. Trooper/Ord Mantell

4. Agent/Hutta

5. Smuggler/Ord mantell

6. Knight/Tython

7. Inquisitor/Korriban

8. Uninstalling the game

10. Consular/Tython.

Aw, c'mon man, get real! Hutta is an awful place, all bitty and full of icky poisoned water. And the JC gets an awesome piece of storytelling:

The class quest where you go up through the back of Kaleth, take the challenges in the Rajivari thing (poison gas and all), climb up and up info the mountains gathering the various components as you go, and then craft yourself a lightsabre and use it to confront and defeat your nemesis.

It felt so, well, EPIC, like a Star Wars story should.

Tython itself, I'm not so happy with, especially the Gnarls.

And the JC gets an awesome piece of storytelling:

The class quest where you go up through the back of Kaleth, take the challenges in the Rajivari thing (poison gas and all), climb up and up info the mountains gathering the various components as you go, and then craft yourself a lightsabre and use it to confront and defeat your nemesis.

It felt so, well, EPIC, like a Star Wars story should.

That quest is just awesome. And the reason why I gave JC 2nd best story on its starter world.

Personally, I found the starter planet for the JC trite and predictable, with no interesting dialogue, clichéd NPCs and an absolutely terrible companion. The quest that you mention was decent (and yes, it was the high point of the JC class quests), but even the white speck on top of chicken poodoo is still crap.

For those of us who have been around since the beginning, I find being able to only play the class quests refreshing, don't have to slog through every quest on every planet just to keep up with the leveling of the enemies.

Yes, I would not play a new character if I had to do the other quests aswell. The planetary quests are fun the first 5-6 times you do them then they gets annoying :tran_wink:

Yes, I would not play a new character if I had to do the other quests aswell. The planetary quests are fun the first 5-6 times you do them then they gets annoying :tran_wink:

I don't think I've played any planetary quest more than 4-5 times. So I guess I'm not quite there yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I'd only done some of them 1-2 times.

I don't think I've played any planetary quest more than 4-5 times. So I guess I'm not quite there yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I'd only done some of them 1-2 times.

I have played them lots of times and I am happy to enjoy my fourth agent at the moment without doing anything else then class stories :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.