The Empire of Zakuul and Bothawui

Benjann

Something I want to ask you guys at BioWare - and the others, pls try not to speculate on this post. Think that making up some weird theories won't help here.

-----

Since the announcement of Knights of the Fallen Empire was made, I kept asking myself the same question quit often and in the last week I tried to make sense of it.

If you look at the links of the Wallpapers released on the homepage you will find that (e.g.) http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/fallenempire/bothawui/screens/SkyscraperCityViewConcept.jpg and hidden within the sites adress ou can finde the planet of Bothawui.

Well, there has been a lot of speculation about that and many associated the Empire of Zakuul with Bothawui. I did not buy that but until recently had no proof of that.

But then I read the description of the Gamescome Trailer of the expansion and guess what, there you say that the Empire of Zakuul is located somewhere in the outer rim.

I quote: "Your character will become the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War. Travel to the outer rim of the galaxy and come face-to-face with a new threat, Emperor Valkorion and his Eternal Empire, only to discover that his dark destiny is tied to your own."

Was this all made to mislead us into some other direction. A mere illusion while hiding the Empire of Zakuul somewhere else? :cool:

It would be really great if we could have an answer for that, because it is know that Bothawui and the entire Bothan space are located in the mid rim and not the outer rim.

Whats right now? Bothan space or outer rim?

Maybe Bothawui is simply a planet that you visit over the course of the game, maybe while searching for allies/info on the Eternal Empire after five years napping like Han Solo.

It would make sense to recruit Bothan spies to hel you actually, especially if it gives you the chance to tell Valkorion, just before you kick his *** that "Many Bothans died to bring us this information" (About how to defeat him, OFC)

Maybe Bothawui is simply a planet that you visit over the course of the game ... (About how to defeat him, OFC)

You might be right about that, but still, why putting this information in the source link for a picture of Zakuul and then releasing an information on where the eternal empire can be found.

Way away :p from bothan space.

But well, yes, maybe the Bothans had brought us that information.

-> still curious what the devs have to say though ...

Something I want to ask you guys at BioWare - and the others, pls try not to speculate on this post. Think that making up some weird theories won't help here.

-----

Since the announcement of Knights of the Fallen Empire was made, I kept asking myself the same question quit often and in the last week I tried to make sense of it.

If you look at the links of the Wallpapers released on the homepage you will find that (e.g.) http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/fallenempire/bothawui/screens/SkyscraperCityViewConcept.jpg and hidden within the sites adress ou can finde the planet of Bothawui.

Well, there has been a lot of speculation about that and many associated the Empire of Zakuul with Bothawui. I did not buy that but until recently had no proof of that.

But then I read the description of the Gamescome Trailer of the expansion and guess what, there you say that the Empire of Zakuul is located somewhere in the outer rim.

I quote: "Your character will become the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War. Travel to the outer rim of the galaxy and come face-to-face with a new threat, Emperor Valkorion and his Eternal Empire, only to discover that his dark destiny is tied to your own."

Was this all made to mislead us into some other direction. A mere illusion while hiding the Empire of Zakuul somewhere else? :cool:

It would be really great if we could have an answer for that, because it is know that Bothawui and the entire Bothan space are located in the mid rim and not the outer rim.

Whats right now? Bothan space or outer rim?

these are not the droids you're looking for.

You have 66 more days (early access) before all excitement comes to fruition.

Move along.

That's not what they say, it could just be that that's where you encounter the Eternal Empire.

Heck, if the class stories on Rishi are anything to go by (particularly the Warrior and the Inquisitor), the Eternal Empire originates in

the Rishi Maze, a neighboring dwarf galaxy.

• 2 weeks later...
That's not what they say, it could just be that that's where you encounter the Eternal Empire.

Heck, if the class stories on Rishi are anything to go by (particularly the Warrior and the Inquisitor), the Eternal Empire originates in ...

the Rishi Maze, a neighboring dwarf galaxy.

I would realy look forward to that, but this would indicate that BW would create a new galaxy (even if it's smaller compared to the main) as well as it did not answer my question about Bothawui, which is neither in the outer rim nor near the

Rishi Maze

Edited by Benjann

@ Rodyn

I just took a look at the story lines on Rishi again. Yet the content we learn about does not give any clue about the fact that Zakuul is located in the Rishi Maze.

Why would Vowrawn flee to the Maze, right into the arms of ... wait, stopp, we are not allowed to talk spoilers here, so I just can say why would he walk right into the arms of Valkorion if he indeed had knowledge on what was going on there.

I can't go into detail here what the Hand was talking about, so I need to skip that.

And about the Inquisitors story: You might have relazied that Zakuul has nothing to do with the rest of the galaxy and it's history. So, yes there might be transmissions of different origin (Sith, Rakata, ...) coming from there, but the Empire of Zakuul is a human based society.

But after all, the information we get can not be taken as a solid ground for saying that Zakuul is located in the Maze. It's just speculation and in the end has nothing to do with Bothawui (and my question was about this world).

Yet if we would assume Zakuul is in the Maze - as you pointed out - it would be logical that Rishi is important. For there is no other way in and out of the Maze than using Rishi as spatial constant. Therefor your interpretation of the outer rim (and Rishi is in the outer rim) would be correct, because this would indicate that the invasion would start within the Abrion sector and the Rishi system.

It should be obvious if you've played SoR

I think obvious would be the wrong word. There are hints to the Maze, yet no real revealment on what there realy is. As I wrote about the class storys; there are strong tendencies that Zakuul would be located there, but these things would not match with information about Zakuul and the expansion. And its hard to talk about this without spoiling some things.

Yet I think we are shifting too much from my orginal question about Bothawui and the "spoiler" in the site adress of the pictures released on the page a few months ago.