Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why can't I

Billoneofmany

Why can't I drive my tank over that dead branch on the ground without hitting a brick wall?

Why can't I access the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear and access a calendar?

Why can't I access the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear and email more than one person at a time?

Why can't I access the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear and add the guild to the galactic yellow pages with a brief description and contact information.

Why can't I see when the last time someone in the guild logged in on the roster from the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear?

Why can't I leave a message on a guild message board from the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear to say I will be late or organize a group function?

Maybe this is better of in the suggestion forums lol

It is more of an observation and/or sarcasm than a suggestion. We are supposed to be in this futuristic space base universe and we don't even have basic social media functionality.

Edited by Billoneofmany

It is more of an observation and/or sarcasm than a suggestion. We are supposed to be in this futuristic space base universe and we don't even have basic social media functionality.

Possibly because our Social Media or SM in general doesn't exist in the universe of Star Wars.

Possibly because our Social Media or SM in general doesn't exist in the universe of Star Wars.

But humans do exist in this Star Wars universe. If the humans in that universe are the same as ours then they would have the same needs of communicating. If those humans are not the same as our universe then are they even human?

But humans do exist in this Star Wars universe. If the humans in that universe are the same as ours then they would have the same needs of communicating. If those humans are not the same as our universe then are they even human?

Because space wizards with laser swords in space.

That's why.

Edited by Rodyn

As we get more advanced here in real life we will see what a HUGE mistake social media is as well......

Lack of actual human contact is the reason we haven't evolved already. Take away all this facebook/twitter crap and we could actually use the force. :)

Why can't I shove corso out of an airlock?

Why can't I make aric jorgan a private ?

Why can't I get a mission to kill supreme pizza saresh?

Why can't I get temple and kaliyo at the same time?

Why can't I get a romancable option as a male Jedi councilor earlier?

Why can't I kill quinn for trying to kill me?

All the social/communication tools need a desperate upgrade in TOR. Feels worse than early 00s chatrooms. I would also add the lack of ability to link chats of 2 guilds on opposite factions. Most guilds have mirrors on both sides with the same people playing, ridiculous that 3rd paty software has to be used to facilitate any cross-faction communication

Edited by Pietrastor

See but that is the problem. It should, for BWs sake and for the health and longevity of the game.

BW focuses primarily on cartel market sales, because that is where they are getting the quick cash. What they need to realize is that the biggest potential revenue will be generated and facilitated by social systems and infrastructure. People play MMOs in a multiplayer environment because of other people. The actions of and interactions with other people are a large part of what make us log in, play, pay our subscriptions and make micro transactions. Strengthening and supporting this social aspect with features like increased guild support (what the OP was suggesting), events, and the general facilitation of communication and grouping will have a trickle down effect and eventually bring in "more revenue than they can possibly imagine" (Obi-wan reference).

But BW does not see that. They see the cartel market, and now, a personal epic story, hundreds of single players running around doing their own thing with possibly no incentive to interact integrated into the core gameplay of KotFE. But hey, Cartel Market.

See but that is the problem. It should, for BWs sake and for the health and longevity of the game.

BW focuses primarily on cartel market sales, because that is where they are getting the quick cash. What they need to realize is that the biggest potential revenue will be generated and facilitated by social systems and infrastructure. People play MMOs in a multiplayer environment because of other people. The actions of and interactions with other people are a large part of what make us log in, play, pay our subscriptions and make micro transactions. Strengthening and supporting this social aspect with features like increased guild support (what the OP was suggesting), events, and the general facilitation of communication and grouping will have a trickle down effect and eventually bring in "more revenue than they can possibly imagine" (Obi-wan reference).

But BW does not see that. They see the cartel market, and now, a personal epic story, hundreds of single players running around doing their own thing with possibly no incentive to interact integrated into the core gameplay of KotFE. But hey, Cartel Market.

You apparently didn't get my joke. Our Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) does not exist in the Star Wars Universe as it is an Earth Creation... On top of which, only Disney/LA can choose to (if they were really really REALLY SUPER, beyond 3 sheets to the wind, DRUNK AS *bleep*) make it so Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc happen to also exist in the Star Wars Universe, which I truthfully doubt that they would ever do. Again, unless they were really really REALLY SUPER, beyond 3 sheets to the wind, DRUNK AS *bleep*.

Edited by Altyrell

So that's why it took Vader so long to react to Palpatine electofrying his son, he was actually checking his e-mail causing his view of what's happening around him to get blocked by his e-mail window. :shifty: :p

Why can't my Togruta be pretty pretty princesses? My male Togruta has weird montrals and small lekku and neither him nor my female can wear makeup :eek:

Why won't Theron Shan love me?

Why do hoods make me bald?

Why can't I put a bell on my Rimefrost Whitefang?

These are the tough questions folks!

Why can't I drive my tank over that dead branch on the ground without hitting a brick wall?

Why can't I see when the last time someone in the guild logged in on the roster from the computer on the guild capital ship orbiting Yavin 4 with all of it's advanced weapons and communications gear?

first one is a good point but is obvious. now the 2nd one, this is something the game could really use.

Because they are *way* more advanced than we are.

(And *way* less narcissistic as a society too)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.