Please Remove the Outfit Designer Restrictions

Xo-Lara

The outfit designer was absolutely amazing when it came out and it answered a lot of outfitting problems. Although it is still amazing and useful, it became much less useful once the armor restrictions for level, weight, class, etc. were reintroduced. Since the outfit designer doesn't give the stats of the items, it would be much nicer if it would once again allow for open outfit design. It would be especially nice since I bought many armor pieces for one of my character's wardrobe only to have some of them no longer work in the outfit designer thus wasting the time and effort I spent acquiring those pieces.

Though i'm sure RPers are more likely to need outfits outside of a character's class or weight due to the player created story of the character, I'm also sure that many players would just appreciate being free to dress their characters however they chose. To a certain extent, one may wish to dress a certain way simply because one likes the aesthetic better. Perhaps a body type 3 consular may prefer the look of heavy armor robes to light robes for purely aesthetic reasons. Not to mention, things like headgear aren't too likely to be so heavy that only the strongest of the strong can wear them. I'm thinking in particular of heavy armor visors.

I'm also sure that the devs and players would appreciate being able to let players use already existing armor rather than have wait for it to be converted it into adaptive armor set by set. Further, I would think it would be nice for the devs and players if things like effects could be applied to armor through the bleed over like happened with the energized triumvirate chest piece. I would think it better to use bleed over effects than to have to spend time adding effects to soo many different chest pieces just so players can have certain effects armor they want it on. If the energized triumvirate armor was a bug that could potentially break the outfit designer then I can see fixing it, but it would be nice if that feature could be added back in a non bug form. :)

Fashion designer still has level restriction, which makes zero sense.

Tried to add lv20+ headpiece on designer on lv 15 toon, said i didnt have enough lvl to put it there. Why? Not like I'm getting the stats from that head anyway when its going to cosmetic tab.

Fashion designer still has level restriction, which makes zero sense.

Tried to add lv20+ headpiece on designer on lv 15 toon, said i didnt have enough lvl to put it there. Why? Not like I'm getting the stats from that head anyway when its going to cosmetic tab.

Agreed on this one...was trying to put cosmetic gear on one of my alts recently with crap green armors, and due to level they wouldn't work. Seems kind of silly since the stats don't transfer.

I actually have to disagree on this one. If a piece of gear says that it is for the Imperial Agent only, then that class alone should be allowed to wear that Item. I feel like there should be some benefits and uniqueness to the look of each class available.

Edit: Besides whatever it is that you want will probably be available in some way through the Cartel market anyway.

Edited by davezero

The outfit designer was absolutely amazing when it came out and it answered a lot of outfitting problems.

The outfit designer is totally broken and was a waste of time. I tried it on one character and it almost never shows the outfit I set as active. Most of the time it just shows the armour they are actually wearing and occasionally after a session change (like once a week) it will show the outfit only to revert at the next session change. Better to remove it.

The outfit designer is totally broken and was a waste of time. I tried it on one character and it almost never shows the outfit I set as active. Most of the time it just shows the armour they are actually wearing and occasionally after a session change (like once a week) it will show the outfit only to revert at the next session change. Better to remove it.

Uh don't know what is up with yours cause I have used it on 4 characters so far and had 0 issues like you describe.

I agree with the sentiment that gear restrictions by lvl etc shouldn't affect the outfit designer placement. And to the individual who said class restrictions should be kept, I think that is kinda moot now since we have all this CM stuff around that anyone can wear so why keep it on old in-game gear?

I actually have to disagree on this one. If a piece of gear says that it is for the Imperial Agent only, then that class alone should be allowed to wear that Item. I feel like there should be some benefits and uniqueness to the look of each class available.

Edit: Besides whatever it is that you want will probably be available in some way through the Cartel market anyway.

Oh well, 6th Line Jedi for example are a SIS SpecForce unit and they wear all but traditional stuff like skirts, robes and the like for something more suited to a battlefield. If they can wear heavy armor plates (And be considered "canon" within this particular universe/story arc) designed for BH or some weird troopers, then why can't the players do the same and be restricted to faction-armors only?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150428031935/starwars/images/7/74/Sixth_Line.png

On a side note I'd love to obtain that armor Surro is wearing. The Dread Host set from Oricon is basically the same, but the Havoc Squad badge isn't really suited for a knight.

Anyway, I'm fine with how things are at the moment, there isn't any faction-restricted armor I'd personally need. I'd welcome the possibility to use companions' armors with the outfit designer instead. They have some cool sets, but sadly I can only wear them if I preview with ctrl+left mouse.

In other words you never figured out how the system actually works and thus everyone else should have to suffer for it.

In other words you never figured out how the system actually works and thus everyone else should have to suffer for it.

This may be good news for me. I hope I am just nubbin it up with the OD, because I just came back and I actually thought there was a tiny problem with it.

It appears like the applied outfit or at least the color match options of an applied outfit are sometimes not "saving" correctly on log out. Meaning I log out, I notice that on the character select screen it doesn't have the color match I had saved/applied, and then sure enough on log-in they are not on my avatar.

When this happens I think when I log back in/open OD it has he correct outfit /options applied, but they are just not on the avatar. So far I have been monkey-ing with it. like un apply re-apply, re do color match, etc. and then it is ok.

Hopefully I just need to get better with it and it is fine. I will pay more attention and test it if it happens again. I just came back so I wasn't feeling like testing/reporting and junk, but I will if it seems like it's a real thing.

Thanks.

P.S.

I am against blanket class OD restrictions. I think subs should not be subjected to it Or at least let all players buy out of it with creds/cartel market unlock. Terrible imo, but pay-gating it seems like a fair compromise if nothing else.

Shameless P.P.S.

Anyone want to do me a solid and let me refer them? Info in Sig. No pressure. =)

Edited by foxxecho

It appears like the applied outfit or at least the color match options of an applied outfit are sometimes not "saving" correctly on log out. Meaning I log out, I notice that on the character select screen it doesn't have the color match I had saved/applied, and then sure enough on log-in they are not on my avatar.

Oh now I remember. I had the same trouble when designer released. I figured, you "fix" the problem by adding gear to 2 tabs. I slapped something on tab 2 and never again had the trouble of not getting gear appearance saved in tab 1.

Oh now I remember. I had the same trouble when designer released. I figured, you "fix" the problem by adding gear to 2 tabs. I slapped something on tab 2 and never again had the trouble of not getting gear appearance saved in tab 1.

Oh cool. TYVM. I was thinking of setting up a second look for my characters anyway.

./close browser ./login

:p