Bot-stopping methods!

Ascertes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones the bot the starting planets just kill me . Stand in the same spot , killing things until they are like level 8 or 9 , then move to the higher levels and repeat . I was starting a trooper the other day, in a room a chest spawn near a bot and he looted it as he killed the mobs. went on my way and came back to see him loot it again . before I left the planet I went back and he was lvl 8 , still killing the npcs in the room and looting the chest :/ Is there real credits doing this on starting planets?

but, far as chest go there should be a buff you get when you loot them and can't loot another for 30 mins or so . give other players a chance to get one .

And for boters killing mobs for loot , maybe add something If you kill the same mob over and over in a set time frame, it stops dropping loot or a reduce loot . This would have a big impact on even the credit famers who are really playing . Just seems bots go after the same mobs

I sometimes wish I could bot the botters. Ya know make a program that follows anyone else botting, getting in their way, killing them, stealing their money and sending it to some random legit gamer. But one, my puter skills are as follows, turn on computer, turn on swtor, tada. And two, it's against the rules, but oh the joy if i could do this.

When I spot botters during the rakghoul event, I make sure to explode on them.

This idea gave me the only reason to mess with that event, just to find those bots and cause their deaths due to a virus.... lol that would be funny.

The ones the bot the starting planets just kill me . Stand in the same spot , killing things until they are like level 8 or 9 , then move to the higher levels and repeat . I was starting a trooper the other day, in a room a chest spawn near a bot and he looted it as he killed the mobs. went on my way and came back to see him loot it again . before I left the planet I went back and he was lvl 8 , still killing the npcs in the room and looting the chest :/ Is there real credits doing this on starting planets?

but, far as chest go there should be a buff you get when you loot them and can't loot another for 30 mins or so . give other players a chance to get one .

And for boters killing mobs for loot , maybe add something If you kill the same mob over and over in a set time frame, it stops dropping loot or a reduce loot . This would have a big impact on even the credit famers who are really playing . Just seems bots go after the same mobs

There probably isn't very many credits to earn there, but if they move up to lvl 8-9, they're either starting a new credit farmer to use at future planets (Hoth, Ilum and Corellia being big offenders.) Or, they just turn them into one of the various spam bots on the fleet that we all hate.

We should still figure something out on how to break them though.

Add in game GMs. I know, earth shattering stuff here, wouldnt want BW to actually lift a finger now, would we?

BioWare does seem to be apathetic towards the botting plight, even though I know they ban the spammers on the fleet rather frequently as well as the mail senders. The rest of them though? Nah. That's why I made this thread: I'm tired of waiting for BioWare to do something. It's time we did something.

I sometimes wish I could bot the botters. Ya know make a program that follows anyone else botting, getting in their way, killing them, stealing their money and sending it to some random legit gamer. But one, my puter skills are as follows, turn on computer, turn on swtor, tada. And two, it's against the rules, but oh the joy if i could do this.

I know for a fact it would make my life a TON easier if this were a thing. Still, like you said it's against the rules. We're stuck with doing things the hard way...

Maybe asked nice enough...lol

When I spot botters during the rakghoul event, I make sure to explode on them.

From what I understand that's a short term fix. We need something to last longer...

But it's still something! I will add this to the main page.

I report the ones that pop up like the creatures from Tremors. I target, add to friends list so I can see when that toon is on. Ill usually travel to the world they are on, and if I see em at it again I report. This has gone on for 10 days at the longest but they get deactivated pretty fast if you lock onto one, and report everytime you see them breaking TOS.

As for mob farmers, I cant say much. I farm mobs in heroic areas when I want new armor pieces. If I see a glitch bot farming Ill try OP's methods 1 and 2 for sure.

I report the ones that pop up like the creatures from Tremors. I target, add to friends list so I can see when that toon is on. Ill usually travel to the world they are on, and if I see em at it again I report. This has gone on for 10 days at the longest but they get deactivated pretty fast if you lock onto one, and report everytime you see them breaking TOS.

As for mob farmers, I cant say much. I farm mobs in heroic areas when I want new armor pieces. If I see a glitch bot farming Ill try OP's methods 1 and 2 for sure.

This is brilliant! Glad to see BioWare taking notice of your efforts. Will add this to the front page.

I have good news everybody! Me and a friend were brainstorming on how to deal with bots on PvE servers, especially the credit farmers, and we may have something for you.

This meat and potatoes of what we thought up was pulling one of the NPC's they're farming into a pit, or onto a ledge so that the bot will attempt to follow it and get itself stuck on said ledge or in said pit. I have yet to test this out anywhere, but the logic seems sound. If anybody wants to help out with this endeavor, please post your findings on this thread so I can update the main post and hopefully bring some relief to our PvE friends in arms!

If I make a new character and decide that they will be a synthweaver, for example, I have many mailings worth of materials and schematics that I have accumulated over time for that character to use.

For mats, just leave them in legacy storage, surely, and craft directly from there?

UPDATE: Well, I have a mixed bag of results. Firstly I went to 4 different servers on Rishi...and didn't encounter a single bot. I found several security chests, but after waiting around for a bit for somebody to show up I just took them for myself.

The good news: There were no bots where I went! Huzzah! Also, there are several good ledges and rock faces that you could easily climb up and pull bots onto in order to break them, much like my Ilum method. So if you do see any, you know what to do...

The bad news: Since I didn't encounter any, I wasn't able to really test any methods whether it be PvP or otherwise :|

Security chests only drop mats these days. Bot problem(and legitimate credit farmer issue) solved.

Security chests only drop mats these days. Bot problem(and legitimate credit farmer issue) solved.

Glad to hear it. That's another scratch in their income but that means they will probably ramp up efforts at other sites. We need more!

Bot-stopping methods!

Aha! Can they at least ban some words in the chat or in mail system? I mean if mail/chat contains black-listed word (a full site name lol) or a pattern so it cannon be delivered to recipient and sender marked as suspicious!

Is that so hard? But nobody cares... :rolleyes:

Aha! Can they at least ban some words in the chat or in mail system? I mean if mail/chat contains black-listed word (a full site name lol) or a pattern so it cannon be delivered to recipient and sender marked as suspicious!

Is that so hard? But nobody cares... :rolleyes:

A good idea for BioWare, but alas there is nothing we as players can do in regards to this :mad: I'm not sure where I stand on BioWare being apathetic towards the problem, but regardless it's time we start doing our part.