Bioware, can you be more explicit in your posts on FB/Twitter? Casuals go insane

PavSalco

Look at this: http://i.imgur.com/bSVPDEU.png

Seriously, if you type just one sentence in your post that is kinda ambiguous, the outrage won't stop. It will repeat over and over again whenever we get closer to new rewards. Just add one sentence to clarify things. It won't take the whole life of your PR person that runs your social sites. How about "You can now subscribe and get your Nico Companion through August 10! (Of course July 31 also counts!)

You need to pander to casuals. It's business. You want their money and not unnecessarily upset them, right? They don't use links you include in your messages. They don't read more than a few lines. Although that strikethrough on July 31 is really confusing. It would be much clearer if you added plus to the previous date "July 31 + August 10".

Edited by PavSalco

It's not a problem of casuals or not. It's a question of clarity.

Being a casual doesn't change your understanding of basic english.

And although I believe the new August 10th limit is more of a second chance for those who were late to the party/used referral links thinking themselves clever, it does need to be made clear once and for all.

In my opinion, everyone should be subbed. If they're not, they have no rights to complain. The freeloader generation that expects everything for free doesn't have a prominent place here, nor should they ever. The game is probably one of the best, in regards to F2P, too. But, these 'casuals' are just... well, I think some of them certainly used the free seven days from Refer a Friend

Bioware will always be ominous, and I think it's more simplistic to subscribe and stay subscribed when playing any MMORPG. I also don't think social media is the best place to ask for answers, but *shrugs*

Edited by Avrinoth

It's not a problem of casuals or not. It's a question of clarity.

I call them casuals because they don't even check other comments and answers concerning the same question. SWTOR posts should clarify more but even with confusing wording it only requires low time investment to find an answer to this question and yet those people don't look for that. So I think the term 'casual' fits well since they rejoice in activities that require short time and finding the info on their own is apparently not among these. The question has been answered million times. I personally answered to about 20 people under SWTOR posts in the last days but they keep coming and coming. :(

lol

Please, don't go offtopic. This thread doesn't concern f2p.

Edited by PavSalco

In my opinion, everyone should be subbed. If they're not, they have no rights to complain. The freeloader generation that expects everything for free doesn't have a prominent place here, nor should they ever. The game is probably one of the best, in regards to F2P, too.

As much as I used to agree with you I totally changed my mind when I started my own family and altough I have money to buy a monthly sub I know a lot of pople that can't afford to sub constantly (heck, I was over 6 months on preffered some time ago) and yet they did just to get Nico.

Now they have no clue if they will get him or no. It's easy to say "pay or get out" but without those people this game would not exist, remember that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.