Alderaan Im so weak

Luca-Leao

Ok so i got through Tatooine just fine, but when i got to Alderaan BOOM the game got so much harder im a Sith Sorc (Lightning) and am going to go in the Alda place but the "Alde Library Guard" are 2 overpowered i try DPSing them but they do 3k damange in 1 attack HELP

Im level 31

Have all me gear (exept pants) 60ish rated

My gear is repaired

Edited by Luca-Leao

Good thought. Though House Alde is a normal area, not L40. But worth checking as 3K does sound like a big hit for a L30 area.

Yeah, 60's are a bit low, but maybe okay. A 31 can be in 80-rated blues. Companion out? Geared? If using your tank, are you sending him to attack first, and letting him build aggro for 3-4 seconds? Using interrupt when you see a big attack activation winding up? Does a Sorc have a CC to lock on of them down?

I bet you are running into enemies using terminate on you. Alde guards, rist snipers, marksmen. Silvers that can do a ton of damage in one shot. That's where I learned to use my interrupting abilities. You should have an interrupt and a number of knockbacks and stuns that will do the job.

Oh I see you said alde guards, yep interrupt their terminate and use whirlwind on one of them at that spot there are two so you only fight one at a time.

Edited by Bobs_YourUncle

Sounds like you ran into the true shots with a two shot or even sometimes one shot kill. Yeah those are a pain to kill, but make sure you do as others suggested. I did not like the fact that true shots have a way to kill you fast if not instantly. Make sure if you're using a comp that is a tank like Khem, well send him first then interrupt their assassinate or terminate shot. Only way to beat'em.

Ok so i got through Tatooine just fine, but when i got to Alderaan BOOM the game got so much harder im a Sith Sorc (Lightning) and am going to go in the Alda place but the "Alda Librarian Guardians (might not be the name)" are 2 overpowered i try DPSing them but they do 3k damange in 1 attack HELP

Im level 31

My gear is repaired

If your having trouble with same-ish lvl content as you, then I advice a gear check/improvement, same goes for your companion.

And just in case this "Alda Librarian Guardian" is using a special attack move, you should interrupt/stun him when he`s trying to channel his move. Be sure to keybind your Interrupt ability somewhere easy to TAP because it helps immensely in both PvE and PvP.

Shield your tank first, then whirlwind one of them, take him out of fight for 60 secs. Send your tank on the other. Interrupt his shot, you need your tank alive to fight the other. It's easier with a sorc than a sin, since you can heal up before starting to fight the other.

I bet you are running into enemies using terminate on you. Alde guards, rist snipers, marksmen. Silvers that can do a ton of damage in one shot. That's where I learned to use my interrupting abilities. You should have an interrupt and a number of knockbacks and stuns that will do the job.

Oh I see you said alde guards, yep interrupt their terminate and use whirlwind on one of them at that spot there are two so you only fight one at a time.

I know how to use them i try but since there are 2 of them using Terminate i cant :( i think SWTOR developers might have made a mistake

Shield your tank first, then whirlwind one of them, take him out of fight for 60 secs. Send your tank on the other. Interrupt his shot, you need your tank alive to fight the other. It's easier with a sorc than a sin, since you can heal up before starting to fight the other.

Which companion should i use ? khem val has ****** armor and i dont know where to get decent ones ? il try it none the less

Edited by Luca-Leao

I know how to use them i try but since there are 2 of them using Terminate i cant :( i think SWTOR developers might have made a mistake

I told you how to deal with the two. Use whirlwind on one to hold him for 60 seconds while you kill the other. Its not a mistake, its a learning curve. Your Cc and interrupt skills are very much needed in harder fps and ops. This is where you get a chance to learn to use them right.

Which companion should i use ? khem val has ****** armor and i dont know where to get decent ones ? il try it none the less

Hmmm. Are you still in green armor? Or do you have adaptive (orange) armor? In looking back over your posts I suddenly get the impression you're not looking at mod ratings, but at the overall armor rating at the top of the description. If you're in green we need to have a whole nother discussion here.

I told you how to deal with the two. Use whirlwind on one to hold him for 60 seconds while you kill the other. Its not a mistake, its a learning curve. Your Cc and interrupt skills are very much needed in harder fps and ops. This is where you get a chance to learn to use them right.
Also, hit the `/~ key to expand the companion skill bar, look at Khem's attacks, and disable any AoE ones, so he doesn't break CC. Get used to doing this with all your companions. If you're CCing stuff, you have to disable their AoE's or they will break your CC.

Ok so i got through Tatooine just fine, but when i got to Alderaan BOOM the game got so much harder im a Sith Sorc (Lightning) and am going to go in the Alda place but the "Alde Library Guard" are 2 overpowered i try DPSing them but they do 3k damange in 1 attack HELP

Im level 31

My gear is repaired

Guys i finnaly killed those 2 mother****ers, but im weak none the less and need help my armor is mostly green and as i said im level 31 idk what to do !!!

Edited by Luca-Leao

Guys i finnaly killed those 2 mother****ers, but im weak none the less and need help my armor is mostly green and as i said im level 31 idk what to do !!!

It is possible to level completely in green armor, however I would suggest that this is more easily accomplished by advanced players who have plenty of experience. Since you are relatively new I would suggest switching to orange armor, i.e.: Armor that can be modified using "modifications" purchased from "modification vendors." Vendors for all levels appear on Capitol planets and fleet. Vendors are also found on planets that carry the expected level of modifications for that planet. You get commendations as quest rewards, then spend them for modifications. It costs about 100 commendations to completely outfit toon and companion at a given level. Vendors sell mods at level 29 and 33, so you're right in the middle. If you can get to 33 before you buy that would be great.

I usually switch to orange armor at a level in the 20's, though I did make it last time into the thirties before I switched. I did a test on one toon and carefully recorded its stats before and after the switch. Stats include such things as HP (Health), Power, and a "Main stat" (Cunning, strength, willpower, or aim), plus a lot of minor stats. These reflect the overall strength of your character.

The difference between the exact same toon with as high a green armor as I could get rated at level compared to orange armor modified to be the level of the toon was +20-25%. I did this for toon and companion both.

That difference is huge. It could make the difference between your ability to kill a single Gold enemy or being killed by him, especially in marginal fights where you ALMOST get him, but not quite.

Given what you've said and your apparent level of knowledge of the game, I think this would be the single best thing you could do right now. This stuff is very complex and there are tons of issues I'm not mentioning, but my aim here is to give you the best "bang for the buck" solution to get you to the point you don't feel weak.

Once you've mastered the orange armor issue, there are lots of play-style issues to talk about, but this armor issue has got to be solved. Investigate orange armor. Learn all about it and try it out and see what you think after that. My Sith Sorc Lightning is a GREAT character and probably my favorite and strongest. It's an awesome build once you get going on it.

Edited by MSchuyler

Uhmmm... Get better armor?

If you are a synthweaver then you can make your own. Do it. If not, then hit the GTN.

You can either get better armor of the normal sort or get some moddable armor and play the upgrade game.

Whatever you decide, keep your armor and weapons up to date. Do the same for at least your preferred companion.

As others mentioned earlier, learn which skills to use when.

Why fight three opponents when you can fight two now and one later? It means turning off AoEs, but if the AoEs aren't getting the result that you want, then you need to change it up.

Why hope that you can handle that attack you see building up when you can interrupt it? You might not be able to interrupt everything, but interrupting nothing certainly isn't going to help.

A static bubble and a couple of heals on your companion can be the difference between them living or dying, and that could be the difference between you living or dying. No, you aren't a true "healer", but there's a time for lightning and there's a time for healing.