Would it be possible to allow grandstands in Arenas and Huttball?

CKNORTH

Curious to know this but if there is say spectator mode during matches, would be kind of neat. But sometimes at least for me there are days I just want to relax, and do crew missions, during this time of procrastination, it would be interesting to have a separate que, or simply a zone where they have grandstands and people could spend there time while doing Crew missions etc, watching pvp? In this "zone" could be crafting trainers and venders. In a way it would be an over glorified stronghold type area with a shield that can allow you to watch hut ball in Real Time... Thoughts? :)

I think that's a great idea. I think it would work better if they reintroduced huttball to ranked.

No Doubt! But if they were to make this possible what if there was a permanent location for these, and to enter the said grandstand, you would use a simple elevator switch on the particular planet the arena or HuttBall location was. For instance on Quesh you could go to the Huttball location, and enter a neutral located grandstand?

Edited by CKNORTH

Would be fun to watch some other games while on the fleet waiting in queue for half an hour.

Few issues I'd foresee off the hop:

• Development time. It's a fairly big ask for a feature that some people might sometimes use.
  • People getting called out. If someone's underperforming, "toxic" players are often too busy to spend time ragging on them beyond a 1-liner or 2. A bystander has all the time in the world to whisper/harass them. Could potentially be addressed by having all players show as nameless, mind you (though that diminishes the ability to identify great players).
  • Potential for a bystander to "help" a certain team ("/w myfriend I just saw a guy move into your zone and stealth - might wanna pop him". Would definitely need a playback delay if this applied to ranked, similar to LoL/etc (a huge amount of dev time to implement a system like this).

Certainly not against the idea, but even if other issues were solved, I'd be surprised if they were willing to sink a high level of dev time into something like this.

Would be fun to watch some other games while on the fleet waiting in queue for half an hour.

Few issues I'd foresee off the hop:

• Development time. It's a fairly big ask for a feature that some people might sometimes use.
  • People getting called out. If someone's underperforming, "toxic" players are often too busy to spend time ragging on them beyond a 1-liner or 2. A bystander has all the time in the world to whisper/harass them. Could potentially be addressed by having all players show as nameless, mind you (though that diminishes the ability to identify great players).
  • Potential for a bystander to "help" a certain team ("/w myfriend I just saw a guy move into your zone and stealth - might wanna pop him". Would definitely need a playback delay if this applied to ranked, similar to LoL/etc (a huge amount of dev time to implement a system like this).

Certainly not against the idea, but even if other issues were solved, I'd be surprised if they were willing to sink a high level of dev time into something like this.

Well what I had in mind was 0 identification on names etc. if there was say mvp voting for bystanders and a ranking system I symbol overtop of them could replace the need for names and each new match would have a 1st and last place symbol or better yet you can see medal scores over top of there heads that might work. With it being on specific planets the map would no longer need to load for every match. Rather Queing for specific arena or hut ball "could" be done by traveling to those planets, sure people love to sit in fleet all day long, but that does get old fairly fast.. I'm sure others could add to this. if the outline draft is very basic later patches could add more features?

i think a better idea would be to just be able an watch past warzones. like if you could go back and watch past warzones, and be able to invite friends to watch. then to be able to save the whole game or record clips. im thinking of something like theater mode in halo 3. that was always one of my favorite features to be put into a video game.

i think a better idea would be to just be able an watch past warzones. like if you could go back and watch past warzones, and be able to invite friends to watch. then to be able to save the whole game or record clips. im thinking of something like theater mode in halo 3. that was always one of my favorite features to be put into a video game.

Interesting idea! So let me add to this, they have a spectator mode and grandstands on the planet where the actual games take place, and in this over glorified "zone" or stronghold, they have in the middle the actual arena or HuttBall floor with a recording or image of past HuttBall games. The only indicators on players is a meddle score... But with this idea you could add a betting system before a match starts with a odds on a winner of matches. Either way if it "were" possible to set this up it would be quit interesting for anyone wanting to work crew skills, RP, or just relax and watch games! Neato! :)

It is a good idea aslong as more players does not bring lag to the Huttball games.

Well if it is just a replay of older matches it it would be a separate entity entirely. So it would be more for entertainment while crafting or RPing... :)

They could have the audience be static holograms or like the personnel in strongholds to cut down on lag. Maybe have the grandstand not render for the players at all, only for the spectators. You could restrict chat to from the grandstand to active players so they wouldn't get outside birds eye advice, but people could just get on voice chat to bypass that. You'd have to put in like a minute delay in what the audience sees then, but the game would have be making recordings of ongoing matches to do that, which would suck up resources. It's a cool idea but not an easy thing for BW to just add without extended planning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.