Double-bladed Lightsaber Wielding Companions

btmart

You can equip them with a single-bladed saber, however has anyone played with this? Does the DPS drop? I do not see anything in their abilities that requires them to have a double-bladed saber equipped. I was curious about any feedback if you have any to offer. Edited by btmart

You can equip them with a single saber, however has anyone played with this? Does the DPS drop? I do not see anything in their abilities that requires them to have a double-bladed saber equipped. I was curious about any feedback if you have any to offer.

well they won't even equip it, since it is tied to the animations. There is a list of what the char requirements are I just don't remember where (probably codex entry usually) that lists main stat and weapon restrictions.

well they won't even equip it, since it is tied to the animations. There is a list of what the char requirements are I just don't remember where (probably codex entry usually) that lists main stat and weapon restrictions.

if you're gonna bother trying to answer someone at least check your facts and know what you're talking about.

Jaesa, Kira, Nadia, and Xalek ALL can use single bladed sabers. There is a dps drop, but not even worth mentioning really.

See I KNOW what I'm talking about. Unlike you. I've been equiping all but Xalek with single instead of polesabers since launch. There's already animations for their attacks even for single blades. Because they don't use all the animations/abilities the player does, which is why the player can't do the same without gimping themselves.

Seriously, check your facts before you spew false information.

OP - As I said, yes you can. And the dps drop is literally so small you probably won't even notice. In fact the 186 mods are good enough if you don't like the 192 un-moddable doubles Yavin sticks you with. As I said, I've been doing it since almost launch. They perform just fine with a single and it's almost not even noticeable since the dmg the hilts do is on standard attacks, not their "skill" attacks.

Edited by Suromir

Thank you Lionflash, Suromir.

anytime. I'm glad you can do it cause I don't care for polesabers myself.

In fact, though it wasn't part of your question, you can do the same with some other companions...and like using single instead of double the DPS drop isn't noticeable.....Jorgan can use a rifle if you don't like cannons...Corso a pistol or rifle, Kaliyo pistol or rifle...Risha, Gault, Zenith can use rifles instead of snipers if you want. etc. It's nice cause it adds variety and since companions use a different "skill" system than we do as players you seriously won't even notice a difference (probably have to use some dps parse to even see it)

To be honest, i dislike double bladed lightsaber, be it self use or Companion equipped. I usually prefer single lightsabers, though a few companions, like Xalek, who are rather bulky fit better with DB sabers i think. :)

same. which is why Xalek is the ONLY one I still give a doublesaber too..it fits him. I hate them on all the rest and I can't bring myself to keep a shadow/assassin due to it...just don't care for them at all.

same. which is why Xalek is the ONLY one I still give a doublesaber too..it fits him. I hate them on all the rest and I can't bring myself to keep a shadow/assassin due to it...just don't care for them at all.

Wait a minute, you just said you don't like companions aside from Xalek using a double-bladed saber and you "can't bring myself to keep a shadow/assassin due to it." The only Assassin companion who can use a double-bladed saber is Xalek (so your comment seems to only make sense in terms of Nadia).

I think it has been noted, but the 192 Yavin single-bladed sabers are restricted to Ashara and Scourge, at least per the tool tip. So, as may have also been noted, if you can equip a single-bladed saber on Jaesa, Nadia or Kira and that does cause a DPS hit, without getting a 192 or better MH for them, you will take a double hit by going from a 192 double-bladed saber to a 190 single-bladed saber from Ziost.

I did not realise you could equip Kira with a single blade still, for some reason, I tried to equip a single lightsaber about a year ago and it would not equip.

Guess I must have been doing something wrong, perhaps it had some other restriction to it that I did not notice (maybe a LS II or something) I will try a cartel sabre on her later on, but pity there is no lightsaber from the cartel market I really like on female toons (they tend to look a little on the large side)

It would be super cool if Bioware would change it up so that there was animations for both types of sabers for all classes. Just make the DPS output on the double blade slightly higher for those that still want to use them. THat way the lightsabers aren't solely an aesthetic weapon.

Wait a minute, you just said you don't like companions aside from Xalek using a double-bladed saber and you "can't bring myself to keep a shadow/assassin due to it." The only Assassin companion who can use a double-bladed saber is Xalek (so your comment seems to only make sense in terms of Nadia).

It's really not that hard to figure out. Out of the companions who can use a double-bladed saber, he only thinks it fits for Xalek. Also, because he doesn't like the double-bladed saber he can't bring himself to keep a shadow/assassin, since that would require that he use a double-bladed saber.

I did not realise you could equip Kira with a single blade still, for some reason, I tried to equip a single lightsaber about a year ago and it would not equip.

Guess I must have been doing something wrong, perhaps it had some other restriction to it that I did not notice (maybe a LS II or something) I will try a cartel sabre on her later on, but pity there is no lightsaber from the cartel market I really like on female toons (they tend to look a little on the large side)

It's been available for as long as I have tried... maybe a year or two ago. Just wasn't sure about any DPS side effects because I wasn't too serious about it back then. Been messing with it for about a day now, and not really anything noticeable, as Suromir stated.

Edited by btmart

I like Kira with a single bladed saber. The animations look better imo. One of her abilities is pretty much the same as Master Strike (assuming that's the pub name for Ravage :p).

Pretty cool when both Kira and your character are doing that channel at the same time :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.