Urgent! You must remove conquest points from ranked que!!!

DethlaHadyn

In the spirit of protecting ranked this season in 3.3, we have reduced rewards for losing. This is actually a good thing, for there is no room for casuals to try to farm coms, credits or tokens in any way logical.

We're *almost* there...

The next step is to please remove the conquesters who are entering end game ranked with unoptimized, un augmented exhumed gear, and basically throwing the matches, due to inexperience, praying to get carried.

I know many will hate me for making this statement, but if we could give the pve'ers enhanced conquest participation rewards FOR REGULAR WARZONES AND NOTHING FOR RANKED, then they could "punch the clock" there in regs, instead of in ranked.

Please, and Thank you!!!

Dethla, when you were pioneering your reward system, you specifically wanted to reward the participation. Believe it or not, some PvP guilds actually do Conquests. I think your suggestion is going to be too punitive and too much along the lines of them vs us, when really, the game offers the best experience to a player when it is everything... and there is no them vs us.

I don't see the problem with making the ranked games only being worth something if they win.

Most players run regs anyways and there is the participation.

OR

They reduce the participation reward for ranked to 5 games. That way those who don't care will only be involved in 5 games for conquest.

Dethla, when you were pioneering your reward system, you specifically wanted to reward the participation. Believe it or not, some PvP guilds actually do Conquests. I think your suggestion is going to be too punitive and too much along the lines of them vs us, when really, the game offers the best experience to a player when it is everything... and there is no them vs us.

That sentiment hinged on a tiered ELO system. It's not the worst situation in ranked, but it's unfair to the ranked players who are serious about their games.

It's fair, because the odds of getting an inexperienced person that is there for whatever reason with or vs are equal. Now that the rewards are participatory, it is slightly more Okay for a novice to enter.

You cannot deduce people's reason to get into ranked. You simply do not know what attracted the player that you do not like into ranked. Maybe the person just likes it. Plus, with conquest points, you get a lot more for winning, just like with everything else, so they do have an incentive to win.

Edited by DomiSotto

It's fair, because the odds of getting an inexperienced person that is there for whatever reason with or vs are equal. Now that the rewards are participatory, it is slightly more Okay for a novice to enter.

You cannot deduce people's reason to get into ranked. You simply do not know what attracted the player that you do not like into ranked. Maybe the person just likes it. Plus, with conquest points, you get a lot more for winning, just like with everything else, so they do have an incentive to win.

Granted. Ranked would be an asset to the conquest guilds that were capable of providing competent competitors. Hell, maybe they'd construct a recruiting reward structure to entice serious players...who knows.

Let's just hope *that sentiment sinks in.

Edit.

I apologize for the thread, anyone who wants to try ranked, I mean *try* ranked should definitely feel free to hop in, just please try to augment a legacy set first with weapons maybe. At least throw a little effort into things before you just que up.

The only way to really improve is to watch experienced players, etc, you gotta just jump in with both feet.

I apologize for the rant.

Edited by DethlaHadyn

The problem with solo ranked is that you're going to find yourself in matches with people who aren't very good sometimes. There's nothing the devs can do at this point. Some people are going to play ranked in the attempt to get the mount or some other reward, by participation or being carried to a particular score.

Solo ranked requires 2018 expertise to queue. If players have done enough PvP to achieve a full set, then you can't stop them from choosing to participate. It's not like Conquest players are grinding out 50 warzones or whatever it is now just to lose some ranked matches. They can generally earn far more Conquest points by crafting anyway.

Granted. Ranked would be an asset to the conquest guilds that were capable of providing competent competitors. Hell, maybe they'd construct a recruiting reward structure to entice serious players...who knows.

Edit.

I apologize for the thread, anyone who wants to try ranked, I mean *try* ranked should definitely feel free to hop in, just please try to augment a legacy set first with weapons maybe. At least throw a little effort into things before you just que up.

The only way to really improve is to watch experienced players, etc, you gotta just jump in with both feet.

I apologize for the rant.

Why does it have to be a legacy set?

I dont know why they even added a ranked option for a game like this, its utterly stupid. The only form of ranked should be group ranked/IE... clan ranked.

The idea of having a solo que like a MOBA is stupid. It creates an un-fun environment and is bad for the community. People, rage, grief, harass others and play the blame game.

Every match I have played in which I was apart of the losing team had people raging, cursing others, often after round one which results in rage quitters and even if the first round was close, we end up lossing the 2nd because someone rage quit,

Solo ranked requires 2018 expertise to queue. If players have done enough PvP to achieve a full set, then you can't stop them from choosing to participate. It's not like Conquest players are grinding out 50 warzones or whatever it is now just to lose some ranked matches. They can generally earn far more Conquest points by crafting anyway.

And then there might be the odd conquester that gets his feet wet and falls in love with ranked, deciding to then augment his shells and get a bit more serious. I know, I know, within the realms of team spirit and positivity, I hope this becomes the case.

Serious players will be serious about their gear. PvE folks would expect you to augment as well for HM FPs and Ops. :) I know you suggested the tiered approach that BioWARE did not quite implement, but BioWARE does continue to police trolls and fixed matches, made the gear incredibly affordable, set the expertise gate, not to mention relaxed the financial burden by eliminating the training cost and raining comms on the subs, but leaving the lucrative end-sequence in place. The best way to get people to use stims and augment sets is to talk to them.

I dont know why they even added a ranked option for a game like this, its utterly stupid. The only form of ranked should be group ranked/IE... clan ranked.

The idea of having a solo que like a MOBA is stupid. It creates an un-fun environment and is bad for the community. People, rage, grief, harass others and play the blame game.

Every match I have played in which I was apart of the losing team had people raging, cursing others, often after round one which results in rage quitters and even if the first round was close, we end up lossing the 2nd because someone rage quit,

Serious players will be serious about their gear. PvE folks would expect you to augment as well for HM FPs and Ops. :) I know you suggested the tiered approach that BioWARE did not quite implement, but BioWARE does continue to police trolls and fixed matches, made the gear incredibly affordable, set the expertise gate, not to mention relaxed the financial burden by eliminating the training cost and raining comms on the subs, but leaving the lucrative end-sequence in place. The best way to get people to use stims and augment sets is to talk to them.

Agreed. I've sent many positive tells and receive many earnest tells as well.

Some of my whispers have been evil, but those are only towards those who are throwing matches for their guildies, or are afk in ranked que....which is funny because they don't get the messages anyway...lmao