Wait, wait...so everyone who used a referral link yesterday

JourrnoRush

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking they could get the companion WITHOUT subbing ARE NOT getting the companion right?

If so, then good. I hope BW wouldn't leave a silly loophole like that. :rak_03:

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the sub in order to get him.

That answered, was there really a point to this thread? Don't take this as an insult or attack, because it isn't, but I just don't see the point to it. :o

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Thinking they could get the companion WITHOUT subbing ARE NOT getting the companion right?

If so, then good. I hope BW wouldn't leave a silly loophole like that. :rak_03:

We do not know that yet, I agree it would be a cheap way to get a free companion though :tran_wink:

I am not against it but it would not seem fair to those that pay for a subscription.

Edited by Icestar

The real question is, who cares if they get the companion or not. It doesn't effect you in and way whatsoever.

I do like the way someone always posts this - no matter what the discussion, someone has to come along and say "well it doesn't effect you, blah blah blah"

That is hardly the point, it never is.

Be the discussion on a particular game mechanic, some people exploiting, etc - a vast amount of what people do doesn't effect me, that doesn't mean it should be allowed to happen.

If people who are correctly subbed to the game at a certain date are promised a particular item and then we found that anyone clicking on a referal link got given the same thing you are quite correct - it doesn't effect me.

But it's hardly fair, and it is something that would have needed to be seriously looked at.

Just because something doesn't appear to directly "effect you" doesn't mean you should just turn a blind eye.

I don't think anyone clicked mine,

but hey people will always try to find the loopholes

especially with money involved

I get people coming in to my place of work, complaining about paying $5 for a sandwich when it clearly says $5 for sandwich. Yes, sandwich, no drink, no fries, no chips, no potato, no nothing but a sandwich. Can't take the price, go cook your own food. /end rant

But I agree, people complain louder about money.

I get people coming in to my place of work, complaining about paying $5 for a sandwich when it clearly says $5 for sandwich. Yes, sandwich, no drink, no fries, no chips, no potato, no nothing but a sandwich. Can't take the price, go cook your own food. /end rant

But I agree, people complain louder about money.

Is it a really good sandwich?

I do like the way someone always posts this - no matter what the discussion, someone has to come along and say "well it doesn't effect you, blah blah blah"

That is hardly the point, it never is.

Be the discussion on a particular game mechanic, some people exploiting, etc - a vast amount of what people do doesn't effect me, that doesn't mean it should be allowed to happen.

If people who are correctly subbed to the game at a certain date are promised a particular item and then we found that anyone clicking on a referal link got given the same thing you are quite correct - it doesn't effect me.

But it's hardly fair, and it is something that would have needed to be seriously looked at.

Just because something doesn't appear to directly "effect you" doesn't mean you should just turn a blind eye.

Exactly. Joe Blow from another state going on a killing spree doesn't affect me in the slightest, I'm waaaaay over here, but I'd still have issues with it for obvious reasons.

The more f2p that click referrals, the fewer to complain about not having unify colors :p

lol oh the noise, the noise, noise, NOISE. Although I do love unify colours. Don't think I could live without it.

If they get their companion just for the referral link, it's no big deal. It's just one piece of the summer sub-dealey (granted, a pretty big one). When we are enjoying the expansion early (and for free), we will drink in their sweet QQ.

Edited by Sillon

it says active sub... active sub means be able to play and to post in the forums... I believe they will get it.

It will be dull not to, if EA didnt want that to happen, they should disable that program.

Yeah, I think they'll probably get it. And I don't have a problem with it if they do. If they clicked the link to get the companion and notice in those 7 days how very nice subscriber status is and sub later on, maybe to get the next rewards, too, it's still a win for the game.

Nico is a pretty iconic character and I don't support that he's in any way exclusive. Making his gear and accessories subscriber rewards would have been enough IMO. If they don't get him I hope he'll be available from CM.

The real question is, who cares if they get the companion or not. It doesn't effect you in and way whatsoever.

Of course it does. With people paying cash for the game, we will get more development. When people don't pay, we get less or eventually none. There has to be cash coming into Bioware or the game eventually ceases to be.

On a more important note... why does anyone care if they get him or not?

They still won't get the other stuff, and if they're still F2P by the time the xpack comes out, they won't get the xpack either.

Anyone who knows enough about the game to want the companion and know when to press the button should be actively supporting the game financially. The program was intended to keep current subscribers on-board for the summer but if people can just pick and choose the best reward for free that seems very against the intent of the program.

This is very similar to the plan many have to sub for 1 month and then take a break for several months to "build up" several chapters worth of story. That will not be good for the future development of the game.

If you enjoy this game and care about it continuing to expand, please support with the very reasonable monthly sub price.

Yeah, I think they'll probably get it. And I don't have a problem with it if they do. If they clicked the link to get the companion and notice in those 7 days how very nice subscriber status is and sub later on, maybe to get the next rewards, too, it's still a win for the game.

Nico is a pretty iconic character and I don't support that he's in any way exclusive. Making his gear and accessories subscriber rewards would have been enough IMO. If they don't get him I hope he'll be available from CM.

The will get it because if they willing not to pay a sub, they will miss the next months offer and they have to pay for the expansion later on! You cannot click a referral link every month, but every 3 months. I dont think ea cares about Niko Okar... They care about the 3 month overall offer (subs). And those who took Niko okar, they will not have it till they sub and maybe pay for the expansion. So ea gets the bucks either ways.

Edited by Oyranos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.