The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Disney and the future of StarWars

Hey does anyone know about or has heard any rumors or news about Disney's future plans with LucasArts and StarWars? (Ok it's obvious that a new Starwars movie will be released later :D but yeah) Along with if they plan on doing anything more on expansions or other things like so after Fallen Empire?

If you haven't been reffered already, then please check out my link for a nice little reward and to make my day: http://www.swtor.com/r/67b88Z

:csw_yoda: "Doing this, a smart and awesome move, would be. Herh herh herh." :csw_yoda:

books, comics, movies, trading cards, and a couple video games. they stopped production on a couple of video games tho. they were making a darth maul video game that looked great but then stopped.

It's kind of a good thing that game stopped production, IMO. George Lucas was turning it into a clusterfudge, because he felt he had to stick his hand in it.

I normally don't buy into the Lucas hate that much, but he seriously had a habit of getting involved in things that he didn't really understand.

Oh so I see, though that's a big relief and such that they'll still have products out, but they aren't gonna make anymore StarWars Games?!:eek::( (I mean who wasn't bummed out about 1313 being cancelled? and i get what you mean about the whole clusterfudge ordeal but 1313 had some charm and sparked interest, it was gonna be about Boba Fett)

and I'll definitely check out there other products like books etc. so thanks.

Along with what do you guys think of Disney owning StarWars' Future-wise like if you think that their future's gonna suck or prosper or whatever?

If you haven't been reffered already, then please check out my link for a nice little reward and to make my day:

http://www.swtor.com/r/67b88Z

:csw_yoda: "Doing this, a smart and awesome move, would be. Herh herh herh.":csw_yoda:

Edited by qwertymcqwert

the future of StarWars is...

...whatever makes JJ Abrams the most money possible.

He cut a sweet profit-sharing deal with Disney on all derivative works based on his movies or whatever starwars thing he touches.

source: thewrap.com/movies/article/how-web-star-trek-rights-killed-jj-abrams-grand-ambitions-91766/

Edited by Falensawino

Well, at Gencon today, Fantasy Flight Games just announced what ships they will be releasing for X-Wing Miniature's Wave 8:

Dengar's Punishing One

Zuckuss's Mist Hunter

From Star Wars Rebels - The Ghost and Phantom boxed set , the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced Prototype and the Gozanti with two TIE Fighters in an alternate paint scheme.

They also mentioned in passing that they will be releasing ships for the game from Episode VII but couldn't say anymore than that (NDA me thinks).

Well, at Gencon today, Fantasy Flight Games just announced what ships they will be releasing for X-Wing Miniature's Wave 8:

Dengar's Punishing One

Zuckuss's Mist Hunter

From Star Wars Rebels - The Ghost and Phantom boxed set , the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced Prototype and the Gozanti with two TIE Fighters in an alternate paint scheme.

They also mentioned in passing that they will be releasing ships for the game from Episode VII but couldn't say anymore than that (NDA me thinks).

Sweet! That's pretty awesome.

As far as im concerned Disney has a very good record of making quality movies.

and JJ Abrams is awesome, I loved what he did with both Star Treks, Super 8, M.I. III , ( he produced M.I. Rogue nation)

Lucas has a great imagination and can tell a story, but his directing and writing skills ( especially dialogue) are sub par.

Lucas is still on as a consultant but Abrams is Directing, producing and Writing The Force Awakens and I am fricken super excited for it !

Well, Disney has already collaborated with Obsidian to sort-of modernize KOTOR2 somewhat, and if these sort-of modernizations keeps up, the future is bright amidst gamers. :) Edited by kmildh

Simply put, they are going to milk the franchise for everything it can get.

sounds pretty much like busniess as useal for SW then. if Abrams envisions a multi media extravaganza his vision for SW matches the vision Lucas has seemingly edged towards (shadows of the empire, the clone wars, and TFU where all mass multi media campaigns) and is really the direction the SW fanbase wants anyway

Edited by BrianDavion

• 2 weeks later...