The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please help me improve my DPS/rotation/gear (tactics)

Capote

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me to improve my DPS, as I seen to be stuck with my numbers lately.

Edit. I made new tests and this is my newest parse: http://parsely.io/parser/view/50543

This is my new stats breakdown:

Accuracy: 109.99% (756 rating)

Crit chance: 30.22% (394 rating)

Crit multiplier: 69.10% (360 rating)

Alacrity : 3.08% (240 rating)

192 barrel, 198 armoring on offhand, 54010 HP

Swapping 1 crit mod for 1 power mod (342 rating): http://parsely.io/parser/view/50562

Before this I was with lots of crit, these are my older tests:

365 rating: 4355

446 rating: 4401

608 rating: 4565

Seems like highest crit is very RNG (got 4.3 parses a few times), so I went back to less crit and did my best parse so far.

Edited by Capote

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, and I'm sure Kwerty will post when he's awake or something, but overall it looks pretty good.

Just looming in my phone, your ability usage for stockstrike, HiB, and assault plastique are what I looked at first. You could possibly get those a bit closer to the actual cooldown with 3% alacrity by fine tuning the parse (you could Def delay 1st recharge cells for longer).

Gear wise maybe swap some crit rating for power. I assume you have a 198 offhand?

Otherwise go farm HM CM for a 204 MH!

Edited by bdatt

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, and I'm sure Kwerty will post when he's awake or something, but overall it looks pretty good.

Just looming in my phone, your ability usage for stockstrike, HiB, and assault plastique are what I looked at first. You could possibly get those a bit closer to the actual cooldown with 3% alacrity by fine tuning the parse (you could Def delay 1st recharge cells for longer).

Gear wise maybe swap some crit rating for power. I assume you have a 198 offhand?

Otherwise go farm HM CM for a 204 MH!

Thanks for answering! I still have the 192 armoring on the offhand. Is it that much of a difference? I just updated my OP with a new parse (a bit more than the one before).

I made several tests with crit today and these are the numbers I got:

365 rating: 4355

446 rating: 4401

608 rating: 4565

So that's why I am using high crit, seems to have worked the best to me, not sure why.

Edited by Capote

Hey, I did some new tests with my new 198 offhand and realized my high parses with lots of crit were very RNG dependent (sometimes did 4.6 but mostly 4.3), so I decided to drop some crit.

With 394 crit rating I made 4591 DPS, my highest parse so far. Should I drop more crit? What do you guys think?

Hey, I did some new tests with my new 198 offhand and realized my high parses with lots of crit were very RNG dependent (sometimes did 4.6 but mostly 4.3), so I decided to drop some crit.

With 394 crit rating I made 4591 DPS, my highest parse so far. Should I drop more crit? What do you guys think?

Well, now that i'm back on my computer that actually has a keyboard instead of that useless touch screen I was trying to use before, Here's a brief analysis of the most recent parse:

First off: 240 Alacrity = 4.13% if I remember correctly. If not, correct me now.

Anyway, with that much alacrity, 14 shoulder cannon missiles, and 2 attack adrenals/battle focus/recharge cells/reserve powercells, and a parse of 218.41 seconds (your length), the APM should be around 47.5, whereas yours was at 45.88. Best case scenario would have been 47.97 but I don't expect that from anyone.

With that out of the way, ability usage:

Stockstrike got delayed a lot. You want ~8.7 seconds between stockstrikes, not ~10.1

Similarly, Tactical Accelerator got delayed. You want ~5.8 seconds between High Impact Bolts, not ~6.2 seconds

And Assault Plastique was also delayed - sitting at around ~15.4 seconds when it should have been every ~14.5 seconds

Im guessing that the delays in Assault Plastique and Stockstrike got your tactical accelerator proc off what it should be, which resulted in less resources, explaining the higher rapid shots usage than expected - you want 11-12 rapid shots uses in a parse of that length, not 14.

You fix these problems up, and I'd expect that 4590.77dps parse to jump to a ~4.85k parse - and that isn't a small jump

Well, now that i'm back on my computer that actually has a keyboard instead of that useless touch screen I was trying to use before, Here's a brief analysis of the most recent parse:

First off: 240 Alacrity = 4.13% if I remember correctly. If not, correct me now.

Anyway, with that much alacrity, 14 shoulder cannon missiles, and 2 attack adrenals/battle focus/recharge cells/reserve powercells, and a parse of 218.41 seconds (your length), the APM should be around 47.5, whereas yours was at 45.88. Best case scenario would have been 47.97 but I don't expect that from anyone.

With that out of the way, ability usage:

Stockstrike got delayed a lot. You want ~8.7 seconds between stockstrikes, not ~10.1

Similarly, Tactical Accelerator got delayed. You want ~5.8 seconds between High Impact Bolts, not ~6.2 seconds

And Assault Plastique was also delayed - sitting at around ~15.4 seconds when it should have been every ~14.5 seconds

Im guessing that the delays in Assault Plastique and Stockstrike got your tactical accelerator proc off what it should be, which resulted in less resources, explaining the higher rapid shots usage than expected - you want 11-12 rapid shots uses in a parse of that length, not 14.

You fix these problems up, and I'd expect that 4590.77dps parse to jump to a ~4.85k parse - and that isn't a small jump

Thanks for helping!

Should I use stockstrike even when HIB or energy burst are procced since it's a hard CD? I'll try parsing that way once and see how it goes. About HIB, the delays happened when I had assault plastique off CD and I prefered it to HIB.

In here 240 alacrity (2 enhancements) is 3.08%.

I am wondering if my high latency (I play with 120~140 latency) might be a reason for the delays. If so, do you think I should drop one enhancement of alacrity for more surge? Or maybe some accuracy to use less accuracy augments (3, atm).

Besides that, should I delay battle focus till the adrenal is available? Should I also delay my 2 energy regen skills till that moment later in the fight? I was using that stuff on CD.

Edited by Capote

You can delay both cell burst and HiB. Cell burst you just need to use before your next HiB so you don't waste a stack. HiB you can delay since you just want to use it before your next TS/SS would proc it again. Although sometimes you have to consider energy of course.

So with a "1 - 2 - 3 - proc" rotation HiB can be used anywhere 1-3.

Kwerty's guide in his signature goes into more detail, although he counts differently than I do (his guide goes 1 - 2 - proc - 3).

Edited by bdatt