3.3 Sage/Sorc PvP Gearing (Advice Needed)

JourrnoRush

Hi guys, how are you gearing your sorcs/sages? I'm talking about healing and dps.

I've been running a little bit of crit and i'm sitting at

1657 damage

1257 healing

23.5% (114) crit

68.6% (344) Surge

6.24% (516) Alacrity

Full dark reaver with power augments. Oh and I play balance.

I seem to be doing okay, but I want to hear what you guys think. Thanks! :rak_03:

Edited by JourrnoRush

1669 damage

1202 healing

19.85% (0) crit

71.06% (430) Surge

5.30% (430) Alacrity

Mainstat augs

Running that bit of crit doesn't seem like that bad of an idea given our difference in bonus dmg

Edited by Gaudo

Hello,

I'm a balance pvp sage. Are these good solid stats? Is there anyway I can improve more on the stats? Where should my crit chance and alacrity be at? I hear having between 20-25% crit chance is good enough and either go with no alacrity or at least 5% alacrity? I'm currently running all power augments on all my slots. Should I be running willpower augs instead of power augs? Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bonus Damage: 1623.6

Bonus Healing: 1175.5

Crit Chance: 22.83%

Critical Multiplier: 75.87%

Alacrity: 2.24

Edited by nikeyyworld

1669 damage

1202 healing

19.85% (0) crit

71.06% (430) Surge

5.30% (430) Alacrity

Mainstat augs

Running that bit of crit doesn't seem like that bad of an idea given our difference in bonus dmg

This. Surge to soft cap then alacrity. You don't need accuracy or crit at all. A little crit doesn't hurt, but it's not needed. Power for every mod / enhancement. Mainstat or power augs, don't think it really matters - buy what is cheaper and what you like more, the difference is pretty negligible.

I'm in full DR gear with mainstat augments and have power and healing numbers a good 200 below both of yours. Where are you getting the extra from?

Stim maybe? Or is your gear not optimized, such as having accuracy and crit in your mods? I have max power in every slot possible

Edited by Gaudo

Stim maybe? Or is your gear not optimized, such as having accuracy and crit in your mods? I have max power in every slot possible

I have the full DR gear too for healing and I run with Willpower/Endurance for all augments. The actual uniform itself I can switch out pieces as needed. Right now I am running with 8.88 Alacrity but at the expense of my Surge which is 58% and Criticals at around 23%.

I have the full DR gear too for healing and I run with Willpower/Endurance for all augments. The actual uniform itself I can switch out pieces as needed. Right now I am running with 8.88 Alacrity but at the expense of my Surge which is 58% and Criticals at around 23%.

Why such a high crit if you are running with so low surge? Might be a better approach to go with an alacrity/power built.