Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Upcoming Havoc Squad armor

Would have been 10 times better without the strap thing going across the chest. Like most every armor piece Bioware makes, they take something nice and add one thing that ruins it.

According to the Encyclopedia, it's a shield generator. I'm cool with it. For the first time ever, I even don't hate the backpack, at least as it looks here.

But please, fix the binoculars/visor...

• 2 weeks later...
I have included your concern in my PM to Tait :) I suggest you, and everyone else, PM the community managers Tait/Eric to make sure that we get the best version of this armor that we've waited too long for.

Nice to see that, just as predicted, your suggestions were in vain as they had no intentions of changing the model so late in development when it was already included ingame.

If they absolutely have the remove the Republic insignia from the shoulder pieces at least put in the Havoc Squad insignia like there is on the Unbreakable Veteran armor.

They won't add the Havoc logo either. They are pretty protective of other classes having access to the Havoc logo, which is why there is no HK customization with the Havoc logo. *SOURCE*

But, I love the look of the armor, I know it wouldn't look exactly like it does in the trailers, and can't wait to get it... well, I may have to wait. haha.

They won't add the Havoc logo either. They are pretty protective of other classes having access to the Havoc logo, which is why there is no HK customization with the Havoc logo. *SOURCE*

But, I love the look of the armor, I know it wouldn't look exactly like it does in the trailers, and can't wait to get it... well, I may have to wait. haha.

Yeah I heard that but it doesn't really make sense. There's even a direct buy Cartel Market chest armor with the Havoc logo on it: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/image_thumb26.png

Dear Bioware art department:

I don't post on the official forums much. Not at all in fact. I don't QQ about class balance, about FOTM PvP builds, or anything else for that matter.

I have to speak up about this though, since it really bugs me.

I am aware that CGI trailer armor and in-game armor can't be the same quality (Although you guys did pretty well on the Satele armor set). But I also know you can do better.

Which brings me to the much expected Havoc Squad Set. Far be it for me to tell you guys how to do your job, because I generally like what you guys do with the armor sets (save for those horrible, horrible Socorro weapons), but the Havoc Squad Set as it exists in the game right now, does not do its name any justice. Havoc squad is big. Iconic even. Maybe even as big as all the named sets out there, even though half of them were minor characters at best. The armor should reflect that.

Some of us are tired of (now thrice and that's just counting the cartel market) recycled trooper sets. Yes, I'm looking at you, Tactical Infantry/Galvanized/Energized Set. Yes, the effects it comes with are nice, but they are wrapped in the same old wrapper.

I can live with the helmet being out of proportion as I'm guessing it's a game engine limitation™ (although that would not make sense since Karagga's helmet is pretty huge and there are some other silly helmets with bigger than standard size floating around). But whatever.

The very least you could do, is add a holster with a sidearm in it to the pants or belt. I know it might not mean much to a PvPer or a PvEer, but for some of us RPer's subtle details like that make a really big difference. Not to mention "playing pretty princess in game" is the biggest part of your revenue, the reason behind Cartel market's success and also dictates the in-game economy. People pay for fluff. Both in-game and IRL. Well, Havoc Armor needs more fluff.

There are chest pieces and boots out there with holsters on them already (the pilot themed one you released not too long ago being one example), why is it so hard to attach one to pants? Hell, you can even attach it to the left leg for all I care (so it doesn't clip through pistols in cinematics).

This is perfect.The in game version though, not so much.

It only requires you to copy/paste the holster onto an existing mesh, rotate it, resize it, slap some textures on it and voila. Hell, I'll do it myself if you let me. For free.

That's my $0.02. I hope someone of import reads this and does something about it.

Edited by Callonedain

Wait that's the havoc logo? Every second republic soldier i see wears that thing somewhere. Qyzen wears it... or am I mixing things up?

Wait that's the havoc logo? Every second republic soldier i see wears that thing somewhere. Qyzen wears it... or am I mixing things up?

Indeed. Whatever attempt they did at keeping the Havoc logo/insignia exclusive to the Trooper they failed hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.