Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Upcoming Havoc Squad armor

Engine + game art style.

CGI trailers are visually realistic.

SWTOR style is "stylized realism."

They can't be same.

On the other hand... Maybe some of you guys will now see how I feel when I never get the Jedi robes I am after.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Obviously the textural detail is a little lower because it's a game and not CGI, so that's excusable. The only real difference, then, seems to be that the helm is higher up than the CGI. It could be an oversight, it could be that the model from the CM photo has his head held up at an angle a little higher than normal.

Either way, I think it looks great. And I know at least two guys in my guild - men in their 40's with teenage kids - who are virtually creaming their pants over how cool it's going to be to make their troopers "look like the guy from the trailers."

I heard that it's possible to PM a community manager to give them some suggestions or requests about upcoming armor. Is this true?

If so I would ask to have the color changed from the current medium red color to a dark orange/pale red from the trailers (which currently does not exist as a dye). Also, I would request that the two hip/belt panels be added in, possibly with the pistol holster and utility pouches attached.

Engine + game art style.

CGI trailers are visually realistic.

SWTOR style is "stylized realism."

They can't be same.

Art style has nothing to do with proportions of pieces, how thick/bulky the leg plates or shoulder pads are and whether the gun holsters are missing or not. Multiple armors in the game are much thickier/bulkier than what we see in this preview pic, Malgus looks 1:1 as he did in the trailers, full with copy+pasted face texture. This is nothing but a choice to make the armor accurately proportioned or not. Edited by Pietrastor

My one real gripe is with the macrobinoculars. In the trailer version, they're at an angle because they're resting on top of the visor. In the game version, they're just sticking straight out of the helmet, apparently not really attached to anything. The whole flow of the shape doesn't look as good that way.

Basically, it looks like the mesh was constructed with no regard to the visor. And personally, I'd prefer a version with just the visor and no macrobinoculars.

Art style has nothing to do with proportions of pieces, how thick/bulky the leg plates or shoulder pads are and whether the gun holsters are missing or not. ...This is nothing but a choice to make the armor accurately proportioned or not.

Exactly.

My one real gripe is with the macrobinoculars. In the trailer version, they're at an angle because they're resting on top of the visor. In the game version, they're just sticking straight out of the helmet, apparently not really attached to anything. The whole flow of the shape doesn't look as good that way.

Basically, it looks like the mesh was constructed with no regard to the visor. And personally, I'd prefer a version with just the visor and no macrobinoculars.

Exactly.

I have included your concern in my PM to Tait :) I suggest you, and everyone else, PM the community managers Tait/Eric to make sure that we get the best version of this armor that we've waited too long for.

I have a feeling that this gear is going to be ridiculously priced on the GTN. I'm saving credits for it starting now, because once KOTFE hits, I intend to have my trooper decked out in all of its glorious...er...glory.

The only thing that bothers me is the visor, I think. It's a bit too narrow.

I have a feeling that this gear is going to be ridiculously priced on the GTN. I'm saving credits for it starting now, because once KOTFE hits, I intend to have my trooper decked out in all of its glorious...er...glory.

The only thing that bothers me is the visor, I think. It's a bit too narrow.

So... You have Havoc's Fist as well?

What about your companions?

I have included your concern in my PM to Tait :) I suggest you, and everyone else, PM the community managers Tait/Eric to make sure that we get the best version of this armor that we've waited too long for.

So... They should recreate the whole set, or at least part of it, just because literally 2 people don't like it? Yeah, keep dreaming. For changes to be made, a big chunk of the community should agree with you and apparently little to none does.

So... You have Havoc's Fist as well?

What about your companions?

Havoc's Fist? What's that?

As for my companions, it depends on what companions we (re)gain in the expansion. Any trooper companions we get, I will of course equip with the same gear. But it would look pretty odd to have, say, Lana Beniko or somebody like her decked out in it. I'm not sure what other companions we'll get, so we'll see as things progress. :cool:

An assault cannon. Not CM tough but regular orange gear.

Actually, I use the assault cannons from the most recent wave of packs. They're not so big they look awkward, which is hard to find because so many–especially CM ones–are ridiculously huge, even on BT3 males.

I'm more interested in Lucien Draay's armour, than Havoc Squad attires. But, as others have said, nothing's going to be perfectly reproduced.

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/22/swtor-upcoming-items-from-july-22-patch/ - It's probably worth attaching this, for people to see the previews of the other sets. So long as it's overall good, I think Havoc Squad Armour could take one for the team?

Edited by Avrinoth

The armor is fine as it is and Im happy that bioware finally made it. (I hope they also put in also the heavy version of the blue mandolorian armor too :) , i really want a classic kotor armor look for my bounty hunter). if you are worried that the helmet is too small. change size of the body of the trooper and the helmet will get bigger. the picture is showing the normal size of male body. if you change it to more muscular body, the helmet and armor will adept after that body and head size. If you choose the overweight body size im pretty sure the helmet will get big. Btw Jace Malcom have the more muscular body size.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120620103822/starwars/images/e/e4/Malcom_and_Brom.jpg

Thx for the armor bioware.

Edited by Swook

Actually, I use the assault cannons from the most recent wave of packs. They're not so big they look awkward, which is hard to find because so many–especially CM ones–are ridiculously huge, even on BT3 males.

Havoc's Fist I'd actually quote small compared to most AC.

I don't know what to think of this armour to be honest, I will have to see it in game before I comment but the picture I see on Dulfy (and yes I know its just the image to go with collections) just seems to lack any real detail to it especially the helmet.

I'm more interested in Lucien Draay's armour, than Havoc Squad attires. But, as others have said, nothing's going to be perfectly reproduced.

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/22/swtor-upcoming-items-from-july-22-patch/ - It's probably worth attaching this, for people to see the previews of the other sets. So long as it's overall good, I think Havoc Squad Armour could take one for the team?

I've got to confess, I didn't realize that was Lucien's gear until you said something, but now I totally have to have it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.