Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

Well, just because we don't SEE any males with long ones in the canon doesn't mean that canon prohibits it. I mean, you don't see many male humans with long hair these days, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. What's more - growing out hair that long is a - shocker - choice!

Oddly that actually does prohibit it...

I don't think Togruta can consciously decide to shorten or lengthen their Lekku.

Edited by Darturion

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we talking montral and lekku implants is this becoming Silicon Valley?

No there is going to be a new series coming to Bravo! Botched: Dromund Kaas and Botched: Coruscant. The doctors will be fixing the underperforming male lekkus.

No there is going to be a new series coming to Bravo! Botched: Dromund Kaas and Botched: Coruscant. The doctors will be fixing the underperforming male lekkus.

Well I think they'd be popular judging by the amount of complaints so far. I'd buy into it. I mean heck, I can understand going to plastic surgery and changing you character face or bodytype. But we have miracle race change too! Shortening or lengthening a lekku sounds a lot less work on your body than getting your Zabrak horns and tatoos removed and become pink twilek instead!

I mean, on this modern day people go trough sex changes too, yet we cant do that in the SW future setting.

Edited by Kiesu

why does everyone wants transgender togruta's. if Bioware gives in I want a transgender human unlock

First of all, it is established nowhere in canon that the lekku lengths are exclusive. People are inferring that from a small sample size.

Second, what would be wrong with including transgendered humans?

First of all, it is established nowhere in canon that the lekku lengths are exclusive. People are inferring that from a small sample size.

I'm sure if you ask anyone who decides what is canon now will most likely tell you that is now the canon length.

Absolutely nothing.

Its a bit like people were joking about gay jedis overtaking SWTOR before gay romances were officially introduced to the game.

Its 2015 people. Witty comments flying left and right like in primary school over here. No harm in a little humor, but lets remember these things are also real life to many people, even if the matter wouldn't touch you personally.

Edited by Kiesu

Honestly, I find it incredibly silly that we need to take in real life examples so people wouldnt think fantasy plastic surgery as some sort of taboo too. I guess sometimes even politics can be more flexible than videogames or their players :p Edited by Kiesu

Show me a canon photo (or description) of male Togruta with lekku longer than what we have.

I don't actually care one way or another. I'm just arguing the point that you have no basis other than "I want it because I like it and my desires should be more important than the game designers (and possibly owners of the lore)".

They shouldn't. The Lucasfilm Story Group has the final say on how Togruta get to look. Go petition them for clarification. If they say that long lekku are fine on male Togruta, I'll be standing right next to you when you ask Bioware to implement it.

Show me a canon photo (or description) of male Togruta with lekku longer than what we have.

I don't actually care one way or another. I'm just arguing the point that you have no basis other than "I want it because I like it and my desires should be more important than the game designers (and possibly owners of the lore)".

They shouldn't. The Lucasfilm Story Group has the final say on how Togruta get to look. Go petition them for clarification. If they say that long lekku are fine on male Togruta, I'll be standing right next to you when you ask Bioware to implement it.

Didnt we establish in the other topic that swtor is already hauling in non-canon cosmetic items that have no visual or verbal verification of existance in the universe of Star Wars, and they are there just for the rule of cool?

Also, the point of this very topic is not to swap out the current clone wars lekku, but have longer option as cosmetic unlock, like the other non-canon items that have no poof of ever existing in any other SW universe than swtor.

Surely you are not against optional cosmetic unlock like this?

Edited by Kiesu

Let's examine this screen capture from TCW. Approximately half the males have lekku that reach to the bottom of their pecks, which is more in keeping with the comics. Our males have lekku that only reach as far as mid-peck. So nearly half the cannon males have lekku that are almost twice as long as the ones we can make. Plus that demonstrates variation in length. True, not nearly to the extreme as our NPCs, but still much more aesthetically pleasing than what we have.

Next look at the third lekku behind their heads. We can only see a few, but the ones we can see are much longer than the ones we can make. Two are on males with the longer front lekku and they are the same length which puts them close to mid-back. The males we can make have their third lekku barely reaching past their necks, which is about half the length of the front lekku. One male in the front of the screen capture has a rear lekku that reaches his bottom, which is significantly longer than his front lekku. So, going by cannon, the third lekku in the back should be at minimum the same length as the front, and can be significantly longer.

TL;DR In cannon, male lekku can be twice as long as we can make and the third lekku should be as long or longer than the front lekku. Our males have the shortest of possible cannon lekku and the third lekku is much too short for cannon.

I fully support a customization option for the montrals / lekku of the male Togruta NPCs that are already in-game. Leave the original options, of course - more customization never hurts - but give us some sort of appearance pack so we can look like the NPCs if we want.