The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How much am I not understanding...

ElZaguero

OK, I have seen all 6 movies. Even seen all six in the last 90 days.

But from convos overheard in guild chat, it seems that I am not understanding a lot of stuff here because I didn't play KOTOR. For example, I have no clue who Revan is/was...

Is that in fact true, and if so, to what extent?

But from convos overheard in guild chat, it seems that I am not understanding a lot of stuff here because I didn't play KOTOR. For example, I have no clue who Revan is/was...

This game is actually set before all the 6 movies. Some of the basic plots are there, such as Jedi and Sith, and there are several parallels between the two.

If you really want to get the back story I'd suggest either playing KOTOR 1 and 2, or if you don't want to do that, check out a wiki with the plot break downs. It depends on how you want to experience the story before SW:TOR.

TLDR, you're missing 30 years worth of stuff.

the expanded is that SW:TOR is built upon the foundations of the old EU. while due to being set as far back as it is, things are minimal, there's a number of things that it does build on and referance.

specificly a comic series from the 90s called Tales of the Jedi, the Knights of the old republic video games and comic books.

HOWEVER, at the same time this game does have codex entries, read those and they'll fill in some if not most of the blanks.

conveniantly KOTOR 2 is on sale on steam right now.

even off sale both games are about 10 bucks US each. TOTALLY worth it

/sigh

The issue: SWTOR is set in the old republic era, thousands of years before the 6 movies. The connections between movies and SWTOR are microscopic for this reason.

SWTOR's lore was first founded in Biowares "knights of the old republic" pc games which happen couple hundred years befor SWTOR. So yes, you may not get the references but honestly it doesn't matter all that much. You can imagine that your character doesn't know the history either :p

Also my personal opinion is that the less you know about Revan, the better..