Is this even worth it?

Zemius

The positive reviews in these posts have really got me wanting to try GSF more often. I have tried it a few times, and got spanked hard, lol. Yes, I'm all noobie, but I got out there and flew like a bat outta hell, and died like one too! I gotta say it was FUN... I decided that when the main game gets tiresome.. and it will, I will get back to GSF... and I will try not to scream while playing :eek:- it disturbs my family apparently. I have also been told I swear like a drunken sailor while flailing wild shots at whatever moves out there... I wasn't aware of that, hmm.:(

Ok ... I just wanted to say to you veterans -you make great statements that affect readers, so fight the good fight.

BTW, not all noobs READ the tutorial and then go for the objectives as taught... but this one did. No matter how many times I was shot down, and god did it happen a lot, the objective was to destroy as many structures as possible with your team- first.... So I just respawned and hit the objectives regardless of who hounded me. Was it the right thing to do? I have no idea, just kept taking it for the team. I would like to learn how to play GSF strategically.

Edited by Imurdestiny
I forgot to mention something

The positive reviews in these posts have really got me wanting to try GSF more often. I have tried it a few times, and got spanked hard, lol. Yes, I'm all noobie, but I got out there and flew like a bat outta hell, and died like one too! I gotta say it was FUN... I decided that when the main game gets tiresome.. and it will, I will get back to GSF... and I will try not to scream while playing :eek:- it disturbs my family apparently. I have also been told I swear like a drunken sailor while flailing wild shots at whatever moves out there... I wasn't aware of that, hmm.:(

Ok ... I just wanted to say to you veterans -you make great statements that affect readers, so fight the good fight.

BTW, not all noobs READ the tutorial and then go for the objectives as taught... but this one did. No matter how many times I was shot down, and god did it happen a lot, the objective was to destroy as many structures as possible with your team- first.... So I just respawned and hit the objectives regardless of who hounded me. Was it the right thing to do? I have no idea, just kept taking it for the team. I would like to learn how to play GSF strategically.

You're givin' me the warm and fuzzies man...

What server do you fly on? Some servers can be real deathtraps for solo queing, and I'm sure a lot of pilots around here would be more than happy to fly with you and show you the ropes a bit.

Happy flying!

Edited by Lavaar

Honestly, I also tend to swear and scream while PvPing. Some people are okay with it, others aren't. However, I found when I try to stay calm then I have more fun playing.

Attacking objectives a good thing most of the time, because it keeps pressure on the enemy. If they have two satellites and both are without turrets and blinking it requires additional effort to coordinate for them. But there are situations where not going in and killing turrets blindly is a better option. Sometimes you get a good angle at a bomber when flying to a satellite; it can be useful to kill him and then switch to turrets. Sometimes you want to keep a turret up because a gunship of your team is using as main target for ion rail cleave. Sometimes it's better to focus on one satellite than to kill turrets of the other. And sometimes you just need to defend instead of attacking.

As long as you're staying close to a satellite, no matter if you're defending or attacking, you're usually helping your team. You sometimes need to go away from the sat to intercept a bomber or attack a gunship but as long as you don't fight in the middle of nowhere it's ok.

You're givin' me the warm and fuzzies man...

What server do you fly on? Some servers can be real deathtraps for solo queing, and I'm sure a lot of pilots around here would be more than happy to fly with you and show you the ropes a bit.

Happy flying!

Yep. Largely we're a helpful bunch, more interested in fostering interest in GSF than padding kill counts. At least, those of us on the forum.

@Imurdestiny - besides letting us know which server you're on, be sure to /cjoin gsf there too. That channel is more active on some servers than others, but it's always good for tossing out questions and finding groups. And keep at it. Having a wingman/group/tutor certainly helps a lot, but there is no substitute for good old-fashioned practice. We were all GSF noobs at some point.